Should we get rid of the stamp tax on automatic weapons and armor the teachers with them?

Should we get rid of the stamp tax on automatic weapons and armor the teachers with them?

Also would you run into a building during an active shooting?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-shooting-ar-15-missouri-baseball-team-raffle-gun-control-a8218351.html
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/01/kill-all-white-people-did-a-suspected-kansas-city-killer-target-middle-aged-white-men/
scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/
salon.com/2018/02/22/five-places-republicans-ban-guns_partner/
cnn.com/2018/02/26/us/parkland-shooting-school-resource-officer-attorney-statement/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lol. No one is getting rid of the tax stamp and lengthy multiple background checks for firearms that are covered by the NFA. No one is legitimately trying to.

And yes, we should give teachers the CHOICE to arm themselves. If they are serious about going through the process it takes to legally carry a firearm and the training certifications therein, then that should be a viable choice for them.

I am Utah CC and MD CC certified, and I can tell you that out of the 30 or so people I have worked with, only 6 went through with the process. Many people, who arent doing it for work purposes, are unfamiliar with all of the variables that can arise from a situation, and when presented with just some of those variables, they would freeze and start thinking, and often come up with the wrong course of action. Unfortunately, the general public isnt familiar with the training and process behind what it takes to mold responsible carriers.

Come on. It's just like running into a burning building without any protection, and then extinguishing the fire with your body. It's not THAT difficult

Process? In Missouri you don't need training to carry a gun. You just get to. Same with Kansas.

>armor...

And what's more teachers may carry and anyone with a conceal and carry license may carry where it's otherwise prohibited. Including University. You don't need the license to carry, unless you want to carry on University, in bars and so on. Not banks though. That's federal.

Do we have school shootings in Missouri? No more so than elsewhere.

I daily carry and no way would I confront an active shooter with a rifle. That is just stupid.

But the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun in s to he a good guy with one. It's your Civic duty. You coward. Trump says the majority of us would do it. Are you saying he's a liar or that you're a yellow bellied coward? Do you work for the sheriff's department or something?

Pussy

As for your follow up question, without a doubt, yes. If I can save even one life, it will have been worth it. The police have protocols, and in most cases, their protocols are to wait for backup. However, that doctrine has faded away due to the evolving nature of these incidents. Prior to 2000, most police units were trained to take methodical tactical action to clear rooms and such, while proceeding to the threat. With that logic, and by every account of many recent events, the slow methodical tactic only ends up in there being more bodies.

Its why the US Military practices shock and awe, as well as using the most direct method of execution possible. If you give the bad guy time to prepare, you're losing. In times of crisis, we call men with 'decent' training to come to the rescue; the proverbial good guy with a gun'. But when seconds count, police are only minutes away. I would much rather allow people the option to defend themselves and those around them, than to continue to leave our schools, and our children as the designated unprotected.

Holy fuck

>get rid of the tax stamp

Highly unlikely, but I'd support it... Though, it'd be largely worthless without getting rid of the '86 FOPA, or at least the specific bit that bans the new manufacture of machine guns for private sale... However, rich people hate getting fucked on their investments, and rich people are the only ones who deal in legal full-autos these days (gotta have much coin to drop 30 grand on a toy)... Not gonna happen...

>would you run into a building

You don't know until you're confronted with a situation like that...

Also, that picture is homosexual as fuck...

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-shooting-ar-15-missouri-baseball-team-raffle-gun-control-a8218351.html

America. Fuck yea

>quints fucking checked, user

And that's your choice. You already know your capacity to assist or not assist in the situation. Not everyone has to be the hero, and the notion of "needing to be brave" is asinine.

True, there are states with Constitutional Carry, and that is how those states choose to handle carry permitting. From a trainer's perspective, I am glad that over 3/4 of my students chose not to carry after learning about what that responsibility really entails. It means that while they had the choice to do something, they were rational enough to understand that it so much more complex, legally and mentally, than they were prepared for.

Funny story. I'm from kansas city and had a gun pulled on me in traffic. I couldn't mover over to let someone in because no one was letting me, so this chick I couldn't let in in this stop and go traffic pulls out a blue handgun. Since it's stop and go I get a good look at it. Then I gave her a thumbs up and turned my stereo up. Phone was dead and I couldn't think of anything else. I didn't even call it in or anything, since she didn't point it St me. It was surreal. Fucking Missouri.

I mean I didn't call it in afterwards. If my phone battery was working I'd have taken a picture and called it in.

If teachers in the US want to carry a gun that's fine I guess considering their culture. But that this is the primary solution being discussed with the school shooting dilemma...that is just sad.

Its a shame you didn't get her license plate and then report her to police for the threat. That isn't responsible gun ownership and its precisely why I am a proponent of mandatory training (Not just cause its how I make a living. lol) . Once incident I know of specifically was a young girl who got herself and handgun and did the same thing, only the state she was in wasn't constitutional carry and she got serious jail time for it. Threatening anyone with a firearm or even hinting at use of force is grounds for disapproval of a 4473, as long as it is reported (And in the FBI's case, logged into the NICS database).

Another funny story. At the Burger King up the street from me there was this creepy black employee. Always gave me the evil eye. So I avoided the place. Food wasn't very good and for months there had been construction going on in front of it, which made getting there a pain, even though it's literally up the street from my house. Turns out this guy was a serial killer. When not at work he stalked the park and killed middle aged white men who were walking their dogs. After he was arrested he said he did it because he wanted to kill all whites. Fucker killed the owner of what was my favorite bar and grill in town.
Conceal and carry didn't save those dog walking white people. Is more guns really the solution?

We have long been proponents of hiring veterans to act as armed resource officers in their communities, but the left keeps shutting it down because they think all veterans are unstable PTSD ridden filth...kinda like that teacher out of California does. You can solve veteran unemployment and their healthcare benefits in one act, but no. We need that taxpayer money to fund sanctuary cities and let illegals off the hook for murder (also talking California...and New York...)

Did those victims all have concealed carry permits?

You don't need one here. You can just carry. It's Missouri.

>we should give teachers the CHOICE to arm themselves

more guns. that's definitely the solution

Ah, same guy. Okay. Those people obviously chose not to carry, though it was their right to do so if they wished. Had one of them been carying, the body count may have been different, or the same just with one less to the serial killers scoreboard.

Thank you for these. These are gold!

>bone spurs
>bravery

CHOSE ONE

u want teachers to write guns down as a tax write off?

Oh and I forgot to link to the story. He got caught because he broke pattern. google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/01/kill-all-white-people-did-a-suspected-kansas-city-killer-target-middle-aged-white-men/

The dog thing was probably coincidence. I don't think he hates dogs

>be 8
>wake up 7am
>eat cereal made of marshmallows and gummy worms covered in kool-aid
>dad loads his m15
>just going to get the morning newspaper
>keep my head down during the hail of gunfire that shreds our windows as i try to finish my cereal
>load my ar15 and glock
>dad throws a flashbang and supports me with coverfire as i run to the school bus
>kid sits in my seat
>shoot him in the face
>some kids in the back are having a gunfight
>bus driver gets mad and lobs a frag grenade
>ears ringing
>half of the kids dead
>not as many as yesterday, must be a calm day today
>feel good
>bus swerves as it's chased by several pickup trucks filled with rednecks hammering the bus with m60s
>bus arrives at school
>kids storm out swat style, laying waste to the playground
>crash through the classroom window and roll into our seats
>one kid arrives late and starts shooting erratically in the air
>couldn't kill more than 2 kids and the teacher
>facepalm
>his failure gets on the news
>everyone laughs
>new teacher gives him an F in school shootings
>salutes the flag
>god bless 'murica

Would love to see Jerry in a classroom.

it is a sad fact that accident happen. I believe 21 ppl were shot last year in the US by toddlers. Hundreds more were kiilled by accidental dischrges (AD).

If you put a gun in every single classrooom, more AD's will, without a question of doubt, lead to more deaths - and the deaths will be of school children and teachers.

I wonder if the increase in accidental deaths will be more than any supposed decrease from school shootings?

He shot them in the back of the head. The bar owner was known to carry. But I don't know if he had it on him. Would not have mattered.

>Also would you run into a building during an active shooting?

Fuck Yeah I would!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if my bone spurs were hurting and I didn't have a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>american named "burger"
pls make it stop

is that the school bus?

>CHOSE ONE

Bone spurs. He chose the bone spurs.

scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/
salon.com/2018/02/22/five-places-republicans-ban-guns_partner/

>scientificamerican

lol wut? Is there also a SkinnyAmerican magazine? An InclusiveSoutherner magazine?

>we can't trust teachers not to rape students, so we'd better give them guns
>we can't trust the cops to protect our children from gunman, so just make the teachers do it
>we already make teachers buy school supplies, we might as well make them buy bullets
>surely there are many "gun-adept" teachers and counselors in every school in America...

Son, have you worked with a recent veteran? Many of them were unstable when they signed up. My sister in law is a major in the Air Force. I'd never hire one of her underlings. Bunch of unstable redneck assholes

I think, like other occupational expenses, (in addition to amending tax code to increase the value of the write off for their school supplies), it could be worked in as such. As could psychological testing. We could stand to implement an addendum to the 4473 that includes a psychological certification, in which the cost is not to exceed $50-100, which is 100% refundable upon successful passing of a background check.

One thing that everyone seems to be overlooking in possible solutions is the process itself. Gun control proponents thing that theres always something more that needs to be done, when in fact, the over 60,000 regulations for firearms in America already are pretty damned comprehensive. If the federal government streamlined their reporting systems, people with these documented mental illnesses or other disallowing circumstances, who lie of their application anyway, wont slip through the federal cracks. Start by ensuring the process we use most often is working properly, and if it isn't, figure out whether its human error or systemic. Banning guns has never completely eliminated homicide. And while I cant legally get an Uzi without tens of thousands of dollars and over 10 months waiting for the ATF to say "Ok", I still see thugs killing people with them.

Please don't cite Salon. Its never factual. Additionally, your source of Scientificamerican is using decade to 20 year old data. Lastly, try using the FBI's crime database, in which there is a section for crimes prevented by firearm.

This is a chance we must take. Someone must be armed at the schools and it should be largely unknown as to whom. Not one of these school shootings take place if you do this as well as take down those stupid fucking "Gun Free Zone" signs. It works on airplanes with anonymous Air Marshals and it would work in the schools.

Wait. Come to think of it she's a colonel now. My bad.

you think i should trust a bunch of middle-aged women with firearms? let alone fully automatic ones? get lost.

forgot to say *middle aged vapid women

I'm sorry that you have had such a negative experience...or rather, your sister in law (regardless of the one or two ranks higher) had such a negative experience.

I've actually worked with quite a number of veterans, and while their humor is something of an acquired taste, the morality and dedication to service of community far reaches above any of their shortcomings.

In Maryland, since the Florida shooting alone, there have been over 9 different documented threats against schools. Most to be in the Anne Arundel/Harford Counties, but some in Carroll and Frederick. While none of these threats have been acted upon, the violence is coming from somewhere, and it isn't video games or movies. Before you scream at me, hear me out. People who are predisposed to finding violence acceptable or even enjoyable purchase the games and watch the movies. Its not like the games and movies are delivered free of charge and indoctrinate the people into thinking that violence is okay. Consumers buy a product they think is going to be worth the expenditure, so they enter that exchange knowing what they want out of it.

So we are just ignoring the training and certification requirements, or...? And again, choice, not mandatory. I don't even think Trump is saying to make it mandatory.

And as we are all completely sure of, he would have TOTALLY ran into that school... -.-

So we let the gym teachers, football coaches and janitors handle it. Just like in Texas, only more rapid fire. In Missouri sny teacher who wants to can go through training and carry. So the guns are already in the classrooms. My fiance's sister is a special Ed teacher. I'm hesitant to ask if she's packing heat. Can you imagine? She's in her 40's. A virgin, and she has over 10 cats.

why not regulate most magazine-fed semi-auto long guns like we do SBRs and suppressors?

>fill out your paperwork
>mail it off with a check
>get your ATF tax stamp
>set up an appointment with law enforcement
>interview and get your tax stamp signed
>???
>PROFIT

Say what?

SHALL

Perhaps instead of making people wait years to get their tax stamp (it will happen due to the much larger number of requests being flooded into the ATF, which could lend itself to lackluster investigations), do what Maryland has done. Maryland has instituted a law requiring a qualification permit, which is 4 hours of mandatory instruction, singed off by an NRA/MD approved instructor.

*For those that are unaware, the NRA is the only training division federally recognized as the standard for civilian firearms training.*

There is a proposal to extend the provision to long guns as well. I would definitely be in favor for it, as I used to work at a gun range and can tell you with EVERY degree of certainty that some people should not be given firearms without at least some training.

Ahhhh, yes. Lets take the most publicized event of poor leadership and inappropriate actions and use it to make a blanket statement about the entire armed forces. Good show.

Spoiler alert - The CIA has done sooooo much worse, and that's a civilian organization subject to multiple oversight committees.

But yes, all troops are bad. Reeee.

thanks for responding to my thoughts with careful thoughts of your own.

I’d say some demonstration of aptitude/proficiency would be helpful.

Dunno if it would have helped in the case of Parkland — the shooter trained with the NRA sponsored HS Marksmanship team. Capability and aptitude was not the issue there.

But some demonstration of proficiency rings as a good idea to me.

Additionally, we could legislate additional funding to the ATF in order to handle the increase in tax stamp applications

>So we are just ignoring the training and certification requirements, or...?
Yes, because the entire fucking idea is fucking retarded, you fucking retard.

trying to confirm your theory with the most secure area that citizens use and saying it's because of secret air marshals? Bro, do you even fly? You can't even take a bottle of water onto a plane. It takes upwards to an hour to get into the secure area of most airports and that has zero to do with Air Marshals.

But you said there was a training component for teachers? Doesn't that go with what I have been saying all along?

Also, I believe its probably not useful to the debate to judge someone on their virginity and cat ownership as an indicator as to mental capacity to carry a firearm...

I think we have seen for many administration, on a wide array of issues, that throwing money at a problem does little to solve it. It is, however, possible to streamline the reporting process, so that local, state and federal agencies can communicate better on getting disqualifying offenses recorded into the NICS database. Lets start there, when talking about federal level reform. As we have seen more and more commonly, there is an obvious gap in psychological reporting and the ability for applicants to lie. So lets discuss creating a standardized test to ensure that cant happen, with a face to face component. Yes, its an added expense to the consumer, but one that could be made completely refundable upon successful completion.

Devolving to using personal insult as a tool for dismissal of idea...neat.

What the other gentleman, or gentleperson (if you're Canadian) failed to mention is that the TSA has fairly high failure rates in threat detection. That's public information that can easily be researched. However, no one factor is contributing to "safer" skies. Aircraft were hardened, in that the cockpit doors were reinforced when they were rotated in for maintenance, and Air Marshals are still a thing. Plenty of flights have been diverted and on-board disturbances subdued by Air Marshals. Again, its not a perfect shield, but the layers do help to some extent.

>Devolving to using personal insult as a tool for dismissal of idea...neat.
Not every idea is worthy of intelligent debate, fuckwit. The idea of just giving teachers guns to shoot shooters is so fucking retarded that you can disregard it out of hand.

underrated, really. insightfully delightful.
how many pupils would you match in battle, chappo?

She hordes animals. That’s not a sign of mental health.

And not every plane has a marshal onboard. What’s more every school does have an officer.

Not catching the sarcasm?

Agreed. Throwing money at problems doesn’t solve them.
I’m suggesting a carefully thought-out appropriations bill with the necessary oversights/criteria/etc.
What would that look like, very specifically? I think we should debate that.

That being said, tightening up reporting & mental health checks seems like an excellent suggestion as well.

So your entire argument is that its stupid. That seems intelligent and well-formed.

For quite a long time, children have been the designated unprotected, to be used as political tools and bullet sponges. It happened long before Columbine and long after national gun reforms. So, with the fact that schools have been gun-free zones for decades, what's your solution, buddy?

At any given time, a human can have over 30 trillion bacteria on them, so I don't see how......lol. That's a sign of social ineptitude, not necessarily mental illness. Sorry, I have just never seen it on any of those questionnaires that ask you about that kind of thing.

Not every school has an armed resource officer. I guarantee you that. Please do the research if you're going to make the claim. And again, layers. Layers of security help prevent hijackings. No singular factor is primarily responsible. Have you looked up the TSA test failure rate?

I am ALWAYS up for productive debate. Well, besides the reforms I mentioned earlier and the addition of a mental health screening requirement, and also the mandatory training resulting in permit, what other ideas do you have?

cnn.com/2018/02/26/us/parkland-shooting-school-resource-officer-attorney-statement/index.html

ARMED school officer.

Utah lowered the concealed carry to 18 and permitted carry on campuses and now we have students shooting each other.
>Unfortunately, the general public isnt familiar with the training and process behind what it takes to mold responsible carriers.
Probably cause there are no training requirements to get guns or even a concealed carry permit.

Quints of truth has spoken all other opinions are invalid.

All are goodbye suggestions.

What do you think of reporting requirements, QI and process improvements requirements, etc. in any appropriations bill for intended to relieve ATF backlog/account for tax stamp requests and investigations?

Those have worked with CMS-administered programs

You realize this defeats the purpose of letting people carry guns right? Guns are for pussies anyway.

Good, not goodbye (autocorrect)

You realize there are already states that have teachers carry and this has never happened right?

Would you dodge the draft?

10/10 would run in to active shooter situation unarmed

with my gun yea, shoot the fucker right in the head,

and most of these scenarios if people would stop being little faggot liberal bitches and man up

all they had to do is rush him and alot less people would have died

I mean look at the paris massacre like and hand full of guys vs hundreds, but people RUN and cower and wait to be shot instead of shoving the gun up thier ass

Yeah...I know there was one guy there, who was either so incompetent that he ran outside because the gunshot sounds were coming from the direction other than the school... Lets try not to use incompetence of one person as a reason why the idea is going to be a failure across the board. One or two events does not constitute a majority in statistical analysis.

>doesn't realize the guy he is talking to teaches the Utah Carry Permit Course
Okay buddy. Yeah, they lowered the PROVISIONAL license to 18-20. But cite some source for your numbers please.

I disagree. If it were mandatory that people carried guns, then it would be self defeating. But by giving people the choice, you are effectively allowing them to choose how they want to defend themselves, should they need to. Responsible carriers don't go looking for trouble and they don't intervene beyond what is reasonable and what they feel they are capable of doing. Many times, have I seen stories of carriers coming to the aid of police officers who are in a struggle with a suspect. That is a public good that wouldn't be possible without people's ability to choose if they carry.

And if you feel guns are for pussies, would you extend that same sentiment to the police? Why or why not?

I think that has some definite merit. It would be interesting to audit the ATF and see what their level of productivity is versus the demand and expected requirements. I've got a Tax Stamp that took 11 months, with local sheriff approval and everything. I can tell you, under no circumstances will I ever submit paperwork just as an election cycle is ramping up. Definitely don't do that. But I am sure the process could be made more efficient.

As for reporting requirements, all FFL's already have to report stock and the ATF audits manufacturers. All FFLs I know conduct inventory daily, and serial checks at least twice a month. (Part1)

Didn’t know about those FFL reporting requirements and stock crosschecks. Thanks for sharing that information

Armed teachers = less likely mass shooting. Go for it.

>No more so than elsewhere.
in other words: a lot.

END the Promise Program, which bribes schools with federal $$$ to NOT report violent students.
Thanks for nothing, Obama and Holder.

Okay

Do you have any idea how many terror attacks have been thwarted since 9/11? There's a list you can Google if you're not sure. There's maybe one hundred thwarted attacks. The definition of a thwarted attack means that it was about to be carried out and was stopped.

Now here's something to think about, how many billions of dollars have been poured into our defense budget? It's over 500 billions. Think of how many more hundreds of terror attacks would have occurred without this budget. Hard to think about? That's because in 16 years, the US hasn't had another radical terrorist attack anywhere near 1/60th the scale of 9/11, and you know what? It's not for lack of trying on the part of Islam.

Retards look around and they don't see terror attacks, they think that radical muslims aren't trying to fucking blow us up. You should be thanking God that you can make an image depicting how few terror attacks there are on US soil.

You want to get rid of guns? What happens when you take guns out of the hands of legal citizens? Oh, you want to point to Australia? They didn't have even one million guns in their country to confiscate. You're talking about 350 million US guns, more than enough for every man, woman, and child. If you honestly think that you can make every law abiding citizen unarmed in a country with 350 million guns and not have crime spike to disasterous levels, you are the dumbest man in the world. It would rival a dystopian nightmare in scope of criminal power, it's almost unfathomable to suggest that every single family in the US be put in constant, significantly higher rates of danger, possibly up to 4x likelihood, if not more, by looking at the British violent crime rate, just to stop the gun killings.

There's also the foolishness of letting our Constitution rock back and forth like a teeter totter between party lines, and the implications of changing the Constitutional amendments so close to our 1st Amendment.

>1997, Mississippi Pearl High School, Joel Myrick pulled his pistol from his truck and used it to subdue Luke Woodham after Luke killed two students
>2007, Colorado Spring Church, Jeanne Assam killed Matthew Murray after he shot four people
>2014, Vaughan Foods Processing Plant, Mark Vaughan shot and wounded Alton Nolen after he killed two employees
>2013, Prince Middle School, an off-duty police officer shot and apprehended a student after the student shot someone. No names are being released since the victim and gunman are minors
>2012, Lucky Street Internet Cafe, Samuel Williams scared off an attempted armed robbery by pulling his gun
>2006, Media Madhouse, an armed robber was shot and wounded by an employee
>2015, an Uber driver with a concealed-carry permit shot and wounded a gunman who opened ire on a crowd of people
>2014, a hospital near Philadelphia, Lee Silverman stopped Richard Plotts after Richard shot and killed his psychiatric case worker
>2012, a bar in Pennsylvania, the bar manager Mark Ktytor stopped William Allabaugh after his began to open fire in the bar

Part 2....

Perhaps creating a program the mines the federal database can be accessed by FFLs to record their serials once a week. The sale of any registered firearm is automatically transferred to the database, so that cant be improved. So in essence, whether the FBI admits it or not, there already is a national database of registered gun owners. That database is, however, sole jurisdiction of the Fed, so perhaps making it accessable by local and state PDs could increase the ability for law enforcement to know the situation ahead of time. That way, if someone is documented as making threats, or there is violent action, the police can act more swiftly. I am not sure that the disqualifying offenses list needs to be expanded, but ensuring that local criminal and civil records are attached to any reporting should become standard.

Its so easy to armchair analyze a situation and think what we would have done, but what often grips us happen to be neurochemicals that our brains have difficulty overcoming. There are two ways to overcome that though. Idiocy and training. Additionally, shooting that fucker in the head in a crowded hallway with people of other similar height is not only incredibly unlikely, but also extremely dangerous. Yes, brave people do stand up from time to time, to confront those who stand to do harm to others, which is why it is very appropriate to use those who have both the training and the knowledge to engage as necessary: veterans.

Ft. Hood shooter - Registered Democrat – Muslim

Columbine shooters - Too young to vote but both families were registered
Democrats and progressive liberals.

Virginia Tech shooter - Registered Democrat - Wrote hate mail to President
Bush and to his staff.

Colorado Theater shooter - Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama
campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal.

Connecticut School Shooter - Registered Democrat; hated Christians.

Congresswoman Gabby Giffords’ shooter – Leftist, registered Democrat.

All of these shooters were progressive Democrats!

Two individuals were home one Sunday night when an intruder tried to break into their home. The trespasser broke the glass out of the front door and was trying to unlock it when one of the individuals inside the home shot and killed the criminal. The person who shot the intruder was not arrested. (Kentucky.com, Cynthiana, KY, 12/18/17)

Four would-be kidnappers’ plans were thwarted when a father fired three rounds to scare off the troublemakers before they snatched his daughter. The father was alerted by dogs barking and motion-detector lights going on. He noticed a gang of males lurking near the garage, trying to get inside the home. As the bullets flew, the suspects fled. When they were arrested later, the police found guns, knives, gloves, dark clothes and a roll of tape in the vehicle. Apparently, the man’s 17-year-old daughter was the kidnappers’ target. (kiro7.com, Palm Beach, FL, 11/1/17)

Ohio officials said they will not charge a homeowner in the shooting death of a home intruder. The man and a woman were in bed and were awakened early one Sunday morning after the armed thug gained entry to the house. A physical confrontation ensued, and the male resident retrieved his handgun and fired three times, killing the attacker. (The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, OH, 11/27/17)

When an intruder used a crowbar to force his way into the residence of a 60-year-old man, the homeowner, a valid gun owner, opened fire, hitting the man. The intruder jumped into a vehicle and fled to a hospital. Charges were pending against the home invader. (Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago, IL, 10/8/17)

When three men broke into a home early one morning, the homeowner was having none of that. Although the intruders shot the resident in the leg, the homeowner was able to respond with his own gunfire. One of the ill-intentioned trespassers died at the scene while another was later found dead in a stolen vehicle. The third man was taken into custody. (mlive.com, Greenleaf Township, MI, 11/20/17)

After breaking into a community church and stealing a sledgehammer from a truck, a burglar tried to force his way into a house, which would end up being his last stop. The homeowner heard noises at his front window, back door and also his front door. When the noises continued, he grabbed his shotgun and went to the front door to investigate. When the homeowner opened the front door, the burglar rushed at him with a framing hammer whereupon the homeowner shot him. The intruder ran a short distance, collapsed and died of his wounds. Police determined the shooting was justified. (newsok.com, Midwest City, OK, 7/21/17)

One afternoon, an armed robber entered a Circle K store with the intent to rob the place. Luckily, one of the store employees had a gun and decided not to let that happen. When the robber pointed his gun at her, she grabbed her pistol and shot him. He was taken to a hospital where, upon his release, was to be booked into jail and likely charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The store clerk is not facing any charges. (Albuquerque Journal, Albuquerque, NM, 9/19/17)

When an armed robber entered a convenience store one night and demanded money from two employees on duty, one decided he was not going to be a victim. A clerk complied and threw money at him, but the other ordered him to drop his gun. When he didn't comply, the clerk fired a shot at him. The injured robber was taken to a medical center where he later succumbed to his wounds. The entire incident was captured on video and the prosecutor said “the clerks did everything right.” (Cincinnati.com, Cincinnati, OH, 9/27/17)

An Illinois woman was entering her car at a shopping center when a knife-wielding man assaulted her and forced his way into her vehicle. After climbing in next to her he ordered her to drive to a rural area. When the woman stopped at an intersection during the drive, she saw an opportunity to reach for her firearm, for which she had a carry permit. When the bad guy saw the gun, he jumped out of the car and fled. The armed citizen drove herself to a hospital for treatment of the knife wound, and gave the police a solid account of the incident. Authorities later arrested a suspect and charged him with aggravated assault, aggravated battery and unlawful use of a gun by a felon. He was being held on bond. (foxnews.com, Chicago, IL, 10/13/17)

When two masked armed robbers entered a Taco Bell in the early morning hours, the three employees inside decided they were not going to be victims. At 2:45 a.m. the two thugs, bandanas covering their faces, ordered the three employees at gunpoint to get on the ground. The employees complied, but when the robbers walked up to the cash register the three opened fire on them. One robber was hit while the other ran from the restaurant. The wounded robber was taken to a hospital where he died. The workers were not injured and there weren’t any customers inside at the time of the robbery. As of this reporting, no one had been charged in the incident and the franchise owner says his employees acted in self-defense. (cleveland.com, Cleveland, OH, 9/7/17)

Sometimes a person just refuses to move on and leave an ex-partner alone. At 5:30 a.m. one Friday, one such man forced his way into his ex-girlfriend’s apartment in Pensacola, Fla., and began beating her. But the woman fought back—with a firearm. Pensacola Police Public Information Officer Mike Wood told media that the woman “feared for her safety” and shot her assailant in the leg. He surrendered to police shortly after they arrived at the scene. The suspect was treated at a local hospital then jailed without bail on burglary and battery charges. (WEAR-TV, Pensacola, FL, 9/23/17)

That’s man bites dog. What happens more often is the intruder shoots the dad and takes the girl st gunpoint. It’s not a fucking movie