There is a scene in Hacksaw Ridge where Dross wakes up and finds himself surrounded by Japs...

There is a scene in Hacksaw Ridge where Dross wakes up and finds himself surrounded by Japs. And then all 50 Japs rush him and his friend.

This scene had half the cinema letting out cries. It's the most chilling depiction of WW2 we've had in decades.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mel pulled it off. Hacksaw Ridge is a refreshing WW2 movie.

>decades
TTRL and SPR came out only 18 years ago, and Band of Brothers 16. Take your Meme Gibson shit out of here

It's been almost 20 years since then. By the time passed, most WW2 veterans have since died.

So then what happens after the 50 japs rush them? I mean how they survive?

>It's the most chilling depiction of WW2 we've had in decades.

So are we going to pretend Band of Brothers, Letters of Iwo Jima, The Pacific, Saving private Ryan, Downfall and The Thin Red Line never happened because those all came out in the past 20 years. Probably would have been better to change it to the past 5 years.

he woke up...

It's a brief nightmare that Dross has when he sleeps in the trenches.

>TTRL

This

Based TTRL did this years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA

Watch the movie in theaters.

Meh, Wołyń was better.

the part at the beginning of the battle when the "dead" soldier sits up screaming before he and the other guy got shredded by gunfire was worse

Meh, I didn't feel anything after watching it
There will never be a scene like the ending of pic related, which is one of the most emotional endings of all times, it was the first time I've ever seen people literally crying out loud and hugging themselves in a cinema.. I couldn't believe my eyes, since titanic I didn't cry this way, Paul walker is greatest actor ever existed

his name is fucking DOSS

This film is chilling. But it's not really like Hacksaw Ridge. It's more meditative and questioning.

>there are people on this planet RIGHT NOW that audibly react in a movie theater thinking anybody fucking cares about their reaction to a film
Jesus fucking Christ I cringed so hard a chill went up my spine

SPR was one scene of desensitizing realism followed by 100% Hollywood propaganda tier war action

Hacksaw ridge has nothing but realism anti-war action, with a story that reinforces it

you need to be 18 to post here

So why are you here

The title of this movie rips off Heartbreak Ridge.

People react because they get emotional and surprised you stuck-up.

Ok so this is my question. When the soldier tells his superior that someone was lowering soldiers and even Japanese survivors the guy mentions the japs "didn't survive" this means they killed the survivors Desmond lowered huh?

So quietly react. Don't act like a fucking spaz in a quiet movie theater

>followed by 100% Hollywood propaganda tier war action
>it's only propaganda with Germans, dey good Aryans dey dindu nuffin
At least SPR had Steamboat Willie

When I saw Platoon in the theatre people gasped when Kevin Dillon bashed the gooks head in until u saw his brains.

That's the implication, yes.

>Hacksaw ridge has nothing but realism anti-war action
>a corpse actually wakes up, screams and has his head explode to start an epic video game action scene where bullets make flesh literally explode with CGI blood while at the same time soldiers charge in blindly not following any orders or any semblance of tactics

How old are you user? Did you also see Apocalypse Now/Full Metal Jacket in theaters?

41, I was pretty young, about 13. My friends mom took us on a school night.

I thought Kevin Dillon was gonna be a huge star like his bro. Only other good movie he had was The Blob.

No, they were just really badly wounded and unfortunately didn't make it down.

Honest.

I just saw this movie the other day & it totally sucks.... Save you're $$, unless you're a Jeebus lover!

I wonder who is behind this.
And no, is not a jew but a dude with bad taste. Which is worse.

Thank (((you)))

you can see how much of a pleb somebody is by just the way he posts about this movie

>With a budget for $40 million, the team still faced many challenges. When Australian tax incentives were taken off the table, they had to get the film to qualify as Australian to receive government subsidies. Luckily, despite being American-born, Gibson’s early years in Australia helped the film qualify along with other Aussie-born cast members such as Rachel Griffiths (Doss’s mother), Teresa Palmer (Doss’s girlfriend/wife) and Luke Bracey, one of Doss’s most antagonistic unit members. Rounding out the cast are unit leaders Vince Vaughn and Sam Worthington, and Hugo Weaving as Doss’s father.[11]
Turns out Mel is the real Jew.

It was the first time those soldiers were in actual warfare, soldiers can never be psychologically prepared enough for the reality of war.

Thats why they scramble around panicking, its only natural and historically accurate..

that being said, as the film progresses, the soldiers are shown to be more disciplined and listen to orders, such as when vince orders them to retreat trench by trench.

>epic video game action scene where bullets make flesh literally explode with CGI blood

>hollowpoints

hey man, if you cant beat them then join them

Need source on both sides using hollow points in Okinawa.

Hacksaw Ridge was absoulutely brillant in every sense of the word.

What about the slow motion?