Can a Christian help me? If God is all knowing...

Can a Christian help me? If God is all knowing, as in he knew every decision you were and are ever going to make before he even created the universe, how does free will exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Esdras 6:53-59&version=CEB
beliefmap.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You make your own decisions and god can help you with making them so you don't fuck up. Even atheists should abide his ideas and morals on how not to be a mongole and live a normal life.

But God created the universe through his perfect plan did he not? And considering that he knows all, he knows exactly how the universe will play out and end, doesn't that make it predestined? Making free will an impossibility?
The god of the old testament is pretty immortal don't you think? There are good things there but a lot of shit that can be thrown out

He does not travel through time (past to present to future) as we do.

God exists outside of time, so past, present, and future are one to Him. He knows what you will do because he is watching you do it.

Look up "single predestination" and "double predestination". Some Christians believe in double predestination, which leaves no room for free will, but most do not.

God created man in his image - so he must be an imperfect god.

>Even atheists should abide his ideas and morals
No.

God is fake. It's just a comfort for broke and lazy people who have absolutley nothing to look forward to. A childs story, a fairytale.

Ehh not quite certain aspects tell us different things. Its generally bestbto believe that god made us so we could have our own free will. Its apparent that we have this for in his teachings eve ate the apple. Committing a sin this was of her own free will. God wouldn't have let her do this if he was in control. But at the end of the day i wouldn't bother focusing on gods choices and that teachings are the main thing we learn.

So, according to his morals, if I rape your virgin daughter, I have to give you 50 sheckels and marry her and everything is cool. sounds good.

Free will doesn't exist. The Bible doesn't say free will exists.God created the whole plan to exist and the choices that are the endpoint are fate, God-given.

This isn't even one of the harder questions about God, but existential intelligence is among the different types of intelligences that most people lack.

He created Adam and Eve knowing Eve would betray him and he'd have to punish all of us for her mistake... which is actually HIS mistake.

Its pretty convoluted yh

but you have to stay married to her for life and provide for her....imagine the bitching and nagging forever with no escape.

Seems like a just punishment.

Well we found the intellectual

Simple. God hates each, and every, one of us. With a depth and passion that defies our ability to understand the word. He's put us in a no win situation, and now he sits up on his cloud made up of cosmic dust, and farts, and faps, while he watches our continued failure, like the ultimate MTV reality show.

Do you know what an image is, user? Boi "in his image" means the way we look

You may not like the answer but here is mine. Basically since God can literally do anything it is impossible to say what he can and cant do. He made everything including physics and all understanding. In our minds he could be a living contradiction and still be ok. You cant put a limitless being in a black and white questions. He could make a burrito so hot he could not eat, then eat it. He can have free will exist but know how everything will play out in the end.

Unless its allegory for the sins of the father being visited upon the son, which we can see happening in so many families.

So he just rapes her again. Every time she gets a little uppity, he gives her a high hard one until she shuts up. Sounds like a life worth having.

OR... like this user said he's just a fucking sadist, and was taking bets with Michael the Archangel on how long it would take the cunt to fuck us all over for all eternity.

Atheistfag here
But I still recognise that a God exists in the minds of those who believe in him and thus he is real.
Especially due to the oneness that his notion presents.
Now the thing is, if God does exist, then we all are God because we are a part of the system and the system is all things, including God.
The abstraction from this system does not denote that God doesn't exist, but as he is the compliment to the system we exist within then he is the nothing.
So if nothing is the lack of everything, and God exists in that state and this state, then we are part of God and part of nothing. Free will comes down to what you want to do. If you feel that you are able to do multiple things, your free will indicates the choice you make along those things.
Boundaries and respect for them indicate that free will is inferred through engaging interaction wherein ones stay in the moment and be with each other.
This is the choice to be as you are, divinely or spiritually, or empirically or whatever.

u wot m8?

You christ cucks sicken me. Jump off a fucking building and see if your glorious saviour saves you. What's the motiviation for buying into the biggest fucking scam known to man ? Christianity.

tit

Then you have the "she knows where you sleep" aspect of it. Better keep one eye open.

Actually Moses gave this law because no one else would marry her at this point, and a woman needed a husband to survive - widows were frequently financially destitute. Its the "you broke it you bought it" policy.

You have free will because you don't have a choice about having free will. Confused yet? Now you know how a Christ-fag feels all the time. That shit just doesn't make sense.

Then how can we be punished for our actions? Doesn't that mean god doesn't deserve to be worshipped and the vast majority of humanity is more moral than he is?

I am

nigga predestination is heresy

S or gtfo

I was never taught that God is all knowing. Course, I'm catholic so maybe there's a difference?

>image
>in his image

I imagine if you could look at God he'd be like that suit in A Scanner Darkly

This is a good one

Close, but it wasn't because the woman needed a husband to survive. It was because daughters were the property of their fathers, which fits the "you broke it you bought it" policy more.

Him being omniscient is a big part of Catholicism user, but if he's not all knowing why should you follow his morals?

Imagine holding back your pee forever, do you have the free will to do that?

bets? why would a god need money?

Most Christians (not those Westboro heretics) believe that God desires to save everyone, and offers everyone sufficient grace if they accept it.

You sound exactly like Satan when he tempted Jesus.

Just be a decent person and stop acting smug about other peoples beliefs. God don't like that.

He knows everything that CAN happen. You have free will, it's just that he knows the outcome regardless.

Did you read your bible?
John 3:20
in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things
Hebrews 4:13
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

More christians should read the bible, there would be less christians

Catholics believe in "grace", not all Christians. That's the one thing about being Catholic that puts them over the rest of their ilk. In order to get into heaven, Catholics believe you have to do good deeds as well as believe that Jesus is God's soon.

Ya your faggot god has about as much credibility as this guy

God knows exactly what would convince absolutely everybody of his existence, given that he is omnipotent wouldn't we all believe in him if it were his desire?
And how are the westboro heretics? Don't they just follow a literal interpretation of scripture? They even leave the really bad stuff out, or is that why they're heretics?

That was a reality of the culture at the time. You will see that Moses gave laws based on what his people would accept - his teaching on divorce is an example.

But how can god have a plan if he just knows potential futures?

If he knows everything, why'd he bother doing it? Is it cause he just thought of it, then it came into being?

You've obviously never had a girlfriend. Women are very tenacious. You'll get tired of fucking her, she won't stop, you'll lose complete interest, it's just terrible. Women are freaks of fucking nature.
We look at another man who will brave - temperatures like it's nothing and respect him for being so manly, and look down on women when they complain about 60 f because it's ridiculous to find that temperature unbearable to us. However, when it comes to eroding your soul deeply, women are masters. Far worse than brutal cold, wet and rotting feet, gashes and scars on the body. It's not something that can be explained man to man, you have to try it. God help your soul when you do, because only then will you know true hell

If she breaths she's a thot -jesus

If Moses was actually backed up by God, he could give whatever laws God wanted, because God.

Couldn't god just tell them to stop? What kind of pussy ass god can't tell people to stop doing things?

>Then how can we be punished for our actions?
You're predestined to be punished for what God made you.

>Doesn't that mean god doesn't deserve to be worshipped and the vast majority of humanity is more moral than he is?

See, for someone who lacks faith in God and coming up with your own emotional feelings about what morality is, you show exactly why God made you to think that way, because you will also act on it. You can't blame God for "lacking morality" and turned you into an agnostic or atheist or whatever the fuck. God made you the way you are, as confused as you are, because you're not the only one, the majority are, especially the people with power in the world who act on these lack of beliefs and effects more of the world than you, these lack of beliefs make the world the evil the Bible says rules the world. So when you agree with what truly the world believes, you are revealing yourself to be the evil God created to show his plan, all for the benefit of his elect, his Chosen People, no not those Zionist atheist kikes, not those Khazars, those are the chief elect of the devil, the Chosen People of Satan, the synagogue of Satan. But I digress.

All the religions are false, the Bible is the truth. It's not that hard to understand, but most likely if you wanted to find out, you would not like the truth.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Esdras 6:53-59&version=CEB

From these questions about something that isn't even a hard question about God, you obviously have no clue about what that punishment actually is.

In my opinion, the Westboro heretics have hate in their hearts, and they love to hate. They are the modern day equivalent of the Pharasees.

WBC, like all other Christfags, only chooses to believe the parts they like...which are always the parts that give them authority to condemn others. Christfags never believe in the parts that require serious sacrifice on their part. Read Matthew 19: 19-24 and then think about all the Christfags with pockets full of money.

Pre knowledge does not negate free will. If you know exactly what path a rat will take in a maze you designed you arnt interfering with the rats decisions as to the path it takes. You just already know which he will choose.

Jesus actually said that Moses knew that divorce was wrong, but he allowed divorce because people's hearts were hard. He also refined Moses' teaching on capital punishment.

>Can a Christian help me?
No, they're in serious need of help themselves.

Im sure He has but He is not going to force them. They belong to Satan.

So God created us so he could watch us run around in his little maze? What an asshole he would have to be.

>You're predestined to be punished for what God made you.
So I'm being punished for something that's out of my control? How is that just or in any way moral?
>these lack of beliefs make the world the evil the Bible says rules the world
Why would god do that? Why would he create people to punish? Why couldn't he just reveal himself if the non believers are just part of his plan to convince believers? What a stupid fucking plan.
>All the religions are false, the Bible is the truth. It's not that hard to understand, but most likely if you wanted to find out, you would not like the truth.
What does it matter if I was made to not believe?
Do you not know how retarded this sounds?

That doesn't actually address the issue. Moses still could have said all the bad things in the Old Testament were bad, because God.
>people's hearts were hard
What a lame copout. I don't care how "hard" someone's heart is, you tell them shit like slavery is wrong.

But God hates certain people's, he allows and permits horrible acts like slavery (none of that indentured servitude shit), genocide etc

He still is the most wise. By following his path, I can find happiness.
I haven't read it much, I don't really practice much. However, you haven't read it either. You've read a version translated from a translation or more or I don't actually know. For example, the original word used in genesis that we now know of as "day" really means Era. Just "period of time".
Anyway, God is greater than our hearts, and I think even philosophers like neiche would agree with that. Humans are slaves to their passions, and only by setting rules can we grow beyond that. Now, neiche would not agree that God was the only way, and untermenche and whatever but it's still valuable wisdom. No creatures being out of his sight isn't all knowing, it's all present though, isn't it?

But isn't god more powerful than Satan?

I'm glad you've found happiness, but what does God do for you that secular humanism can't? Why bother with the god stuff?

A consequence of giving people free will.

To give a gift and then take it back - not something a perfect being would do.

If I were you I'd be more worried about the conflict between god meddling with people's decisions/action and judging people for those same decisions/actions.

>All the religions are false, the Bible is the truth.
I'm still cracking up over the level of stupidity in this one.

you are very stupid

and yet women donk kill their abusive husbands often, especially, sinc this sharia law will find her guilty, so fuck off

> To give a gift and then take it back - not something a perfect being would do.

Except the bible has a bunch of cases where god supposedly directly influenced or overrode the "natural" choices people were making - and hence their free will.

Cause god doesnt make you do it. Its like god can see into the future.

does god have a navel? Did Adam? Does got have 13th rib or a small toe? Or nipples?

But humans can't have free will because the universe is predestined, to get to "now", which is part of god's divine plan, the universe would have to fold out in the EXACT same way, no deviations at all, so how can free will exist? And how can anyone other than god be responsible.
But god permits these acts and tells people how to do them "right", does that mean genocide is ok?

could have, but if everyone said wtf Moses you are crazy and decided to follow someone else, he would have lost his authority.

Could also be doubts in Moses' mind. Maybe the people would have listened, but he lacked the courage to just go there.

look up peer-reviewed studies, that provide evidence for anything u wrote

He has perfect foreknowledge correct? So that means he knew exactly what was going to happen and created the universe accordingly, so doesn't he make you do something? If anything he's given humans the illusion of free will which is arguably pretty evil

>So I'm being punished for something that's out of my control? How is that just or in any way moral?

Because it's everything is God's creation and he does whatever he wants. Remove the pretense of time, because past, present, and future is outside of God's existence.

We are all just God's playthings to make for himself a very small minority a special people and the majority of people are obviously doomed.

>Why would god do that? Why would he create people to punish? Why couldn't he just reveal himself if the non believers are just part of his plan to convince believers? What a stupid fucking plan.

If it wasn't the way it is, the Bible would be false. This relates to the "problem of evil," which isn't extremely hard to understand either. God had to create evil to show the contrast of good, to do that, he had to create the majority of people to be evil and doomed, that makes his elect even more special. You have to realize that before anything existed, there is the question of how lonely of an existence God has/had, which was the purpose of creating a material world, a world almost entirely evil that the Bible shows the few righteous triumps them all. Jesus Christ as a messiah to God's people (not the atheist godless kikes whose ancestors converted to a false religion they created), doesn't this one man triumph it all. See my point? The majority of evil had to have happened to make the Bible the truth, and it is.

Or, you know, God could have boomed down and smote people if they didn't go along with it. It wouldn't be the first time.

Exist purely in a realm of abstraction

How could a god backed leader ever lose their power and authority? What a weak ass god

>your own emotional feelings
>department of redundancy department

lets make it simple for u - if god made us, hes responsible for our actions, especially, if he knows what we gonna do. If he made us the way we r, he has no right to judge us

How hard is it for you to understand that Islam, Judaism, and the Catholic church all have teachings that go agains the written words in the Bible?

No idea what secular humanism is, might be the reason, idk. I haven't truly found happiness though, it's a game and all. There are winners, there are losers, we just get better every try. I feel I'm being drawn to church most recently because of the community. Where else can I find that common ground sense of compassion for the community? Both rhetorical (since you can't know what community I actually live in) and for realzies if the answer is cross community? It's really not about the afterlife type of God shit, just the morals to stand by that I personally care about. With that, I find I live closer to heaven on earth than if I didn't try.

Okay

We know that time started at the big bang. There was no time before that. It does not extend infinitely into the past.

Ahhh, so the billions who are in those religions don't have the depth of understanding that you do. My,my, aren't you special....you no doubt have been in Special Education classes.

>How hard is it for you to understand that Islam, Judaism, and the Catholic church all have teachings that go agains the written words in the Bible?
Which version? Even the original old testament books have multiple, ancient versions...
And the new testament was decided by committee as a political compromise. What a mess.

>Because it's everything is God's creation and he does whatever he wants. Remove the pretense of time, because past, present, and future is outside of God's existence. We are all just God's playthings to make for himself a very small minority a special people and the majority of people are obviously doomed.
Why should anyone worship him? How do you know if he's not just fucking with you like he's apparently fucking with me? Why would such a cruel being deserve any form of praise?

>If it wasn't the way it is, the Bible would be false.
Why even bother with the Bible? Why not just create all the humans he likes and be done with it? Why would an all powerful being even bother with such an assbackwards and retarded plan. He sounds like a kid with autism

>Do you see my point?
No, because it's fucking stupid, god would have to be the most unpleasant character ever thought of to do any of that, why would you worship something as evil as that?

Free will again.

Its very simple. God, being omnipotent, decided to delegate some of His authority to some of His creations. That decision has been made and can not be reversed.

Who says Free Will exists???

1. God is not a "he"
2. Not every word of the bible is true
3. Stop being a fag and fishing for arguments

This might help, OP
beliefmap.org

>Ahhh, so the billions who are in those religions don't have the depth of understanding that you do.

Furthermore, those religions are major actors in this drama of the world, these religions are some of the most influential in bringing into the world the evil that the world is, just as much as atheism or anywhere in between, like materialist philosophies such as during the 20th century which caused two world wars and hundreds of millions of deaths. The Catholic Church even sanctioned Nazi Germany and all the absolutist governments before. On the other side of, Communism is atheist and cause just as much evil. It's all the ideas, all the religions that are evil and false.

That being said, the Bible is the truth, it's just that most don't understand what it's actually saying. If you just look at details of the religions, it's just obvious that they do things against what the Bible is saying.

>The majority of evil had to have happened to make the Bible the truth, and it is.
If you start from the position that the bible is *not* necessarily true, then you need no tortured explanations or weird moral issues... just the universe we see around us.

Fuck off with your pronouns shit, you know what I mean.
What parts of the Bible are real then? How can you tell?
I'm not fishing for arguments, this is a genuine question and people here haven't been able to answer it for me

The original languages. It's one text, one understanding. Jesus spoke numerous languages, why should any real believer not follow him even if it takes his whole life.

The Apocrypha is the truth the Catholic church wanted to hide, and what the Protestants wanted to destroy.

how does that prove god?

There is no free will.
Wheter you follow God or you follow damnation (aka only your desires).

t. Redpilled christian

God cant exist, from your own words