ITT: emotional gut punches

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pp02ubGuTIU
youtube.com/watch?v=dmttEm7724Y
youtube.com/watch?v=cmCpmEQD0L4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What was the reasoning for this? Why end it like this?

If we're talking about British comedy shows
youtube.com/watch?v=Pp02ubGuTIU

Because that's what happened. The whistle blew and everyone ran forward to their deaths. Bringing in the poppy field links the fictional characters you've gotten to know to the real world, and it suddenly hits you how many human lives just like your own were prematurely ended than day.

finished watching Black Adder a few weeks ago. This ending really hit me

>british """"""""""""""""""""""""humor""""""""""""""""""""""""

Fuuuuuck forgot this. Why is tragedy so much more potent when it's in a comedy? Is it because of contrast, or we're not expecting it, or what?

>death isn't funny

This drew a tired and emotional chuckle from me

Why does William have two phones

twitter didn't exist

How else is he going to talk to two planes at once?

That...ok yeah fair enough.

the Blackadder ending was probably one of the best emotional moments for a TV series, especially how you came for the laughs and got hit with the feels.

For me I think the Sopranos ending was one of mine, not the fact that tony get whacked as much but more just the scenes were you see paulie sunbathing outside of the restaurant for the last time and stuff like that, idk I guess its more to do with having a connection with all the characters and just the feeling that the experience is finally over. made me tear up inside a little desu senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=dmttEm7724Y

>LOOK I'M A CHINAMAN

Sir! Sir! There's a visitor to see you!

for fuck sake

dont

What is this

she deserved it

I waited for you, Fry

Bridge to Terabithia

FUCK YOU

We spell it 'humour'

>when her father breaks down
>"she loved you, you know"

nigger i will hurt you

The real emotional gut punch is when the guns stop and they talk about living through it.

>"Thank God. We lived through it. The Great War, 1914 to 1917."

f-fuck

Jurassic Bark was retconned
The endings to Luck of the Fryrish, The Sting and The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings were not though, and they still fucking get me

Radar: Lt. Col. Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan... it spun in. There were no survivors.
[Margaret begins to cry softly... the surgeons continue their work in absolute silence]

;__;

>luck of the fryish and the devils hands
why aren't these two mentioned more? these were much better endings than muh sad dog meme death

I waited for you

I don't know, I bring them up every time
The ending to The Breakfast Club still makes me a little weepy thanks to Luck of the Fryrish

I think the contrast plays a part, but maybe it's also because we naturally relate to comedy more? The characters are and situations are usually closer to our own experiences.
In dramatic movies the drama often seems larger than life and puts more distance between the audience and the events.

This one got to me back when freaks and geeks was airing.

youtube.com/watch?v=cmCpmEQD0L4

nice analogy user have a (you)