Lawyers of Sup Forums

Lawyers of Sup Forums
I'm currently a Pre-Law student and I'm starting to stress out a bit over the LSATs, Law school, The Bar, getting a job, etc. Should I be worried?

I'm currently thinking about constitutional law

give me the run down Sup Forumsros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GmZiqwRnwtM
usatoday.com/story/news/2017/06/28/law-schools-hunkering-down-enrollment-slips/430213001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey bro I'm in a similar situation.
Taking the LSAT in June and currently getting my paralegal certificate to work in a law office while I go to law school

I'm interested in criminal law myself.

Do you want to be a "high powered attorney" or a regular lolyer?

my goal is to become an state ADA or some state level lawyer and hopefully work my way up to fed. judge over the next 40-whatever years

I was considering doing the same paralegal thing but I read it wouldn't help me out much.

Just passed the bar early this year and started my first job. Im in Canada.

>Should I be worried?
Are you Jewish?

>my goal is to become an state ADA or some state level lawyer and hopefully work my way up to fed. judge over the next 40-whatever years

oh dear nevermind. If you want to be a high powered attorney, the trick is to find dirt on the judges and other attorneys. To be ADA, go to Fordham. I know a few state prosecutors who went there.

Yea the paralegal thing is a pretty crappy path to take but I put myself in a situation where I need to be working when i get to school

Not all lawyers are Juden, user. Some are goys.

Non-practicing lawfag here. It's a worthwhile experience. I didn't especially enjoy law school and I've never been able to practice, but it was kind of a bucket list thing and there's no way I'd be able to do it now so I can't say I regret it.

Kek

was law school hard/competitive, was it hard to get a job out of law school? etc

Since you're not practicing law, are you utilizing your jd in some way?

If so, what is it you do?

Clinton failed the DC bar exam, but it was not about cognition. She said she can't recall 50 times in deposition.

Unless you're on the Law Review of a top 10 program, forget about Con Law.

If you want to go to LS, ace the LSAT and let them pay you to attend their program, but dont think that you'll make much money in a law career.

Outside corporate you'll spend most of your time babysitting Blacks and other backwards peoples (Latinos, Polynesians, etc.).

REally think about why you're going to law school. Is it because you don't know what to do with your young life?

Is it because of parental expectations?

Can you get a full-ride to a good program?

Don’t go to law school. It is a waste of money unless you do biglaw after going to a top 3 school.

Source: non-practicing JD

No shit, Rabbi. It definitely matters though, I cannot fully and concisely respond to the latter part of his question without the answer. He's obviously no genius (asking Sup Forums for advice) so we can eliminate the guaranteed job options.

I work in infosec and I kind of straddle the two worlds (legal and tech). The tech guys will ask me how much we should (not) tell the lawyers and the lawyers will ask me how stuff works. It's kind of cool in that way.

Biglaw Lawyer here, don't go.

I have a team of 20 immediate contact lawyers for my business. At least 5 are known goys. I can't say about the others. Only 10 have obvious Jewish names.

>paralegal
>pre-law

Law schools frown on these types of things. Major in philosophy. It will help with the LSAT.

Don’t go to law school if you score under 160. Any school that will take you isn’t good enough to be sure it’s worth your time and money.

Alternatively, join the Air Force and do JAG.

If you do 1983/civil rights cases, you can get some “con law” work and not need to be on an academic track.

I say constitutional law because I'm really interested in becoming a judge and that seemed like a pertinent subject to study.

I genuinely enjoy studying legal cases and shit like that, Im not doubting my choice to go to law school

heh that is what I did.. majored philosophy, and realized the last thing I wanted was to be another goddamn lawyer.

Do you do litigation support? If so, suck my balls

Yours Truly,
Plaintiff’s lawyer who gets lied to a lot in discovery

This. ConLaw is a favorite of both radical SJW's and Alex Jones types. Something to do with reading a document closely enough to see the objective truth in it. Like an autistic kid stares at a horseshoe.

Also, some of guys in my class did well in interviews and went straight to NYC after graduation, and I know at least three that were back within a year. It's utter slavery. $160K in NYC is like $40K in Atlanta.

It does seem kind of aimless to go unless you know exactly what you want to use it for, but it did lead me places I didn't anticipate.

I'm not sure we still have that data. We'll make reasonable efforts to restore it though.

4L here. Unless you're going to a top tier school, don't focus on con law. It's good for clerkships on Circuit Courts and the Supreme Court, but you're only getting those if you're in a top 10 school. Do something practical.

If you are going into criminal law it will be helping poorfags good luck getting paid unless you are brilliant. Corporate law? If you have a MBA or doctorate in economics you will make good money.
Oh btw DO NOT SMOKE WEED
We lose 1/2 of our new hires to this. Yeah I know meh weed is not as bad as booze.
>me PhD chemistry, LL.M. Law mid 30’s when done
>work as patent atty for large U.S. company 300,000+ plus lots of perks

>reasonable efforts
Fucking pushover...

No seriously though, I kind of hope you die a slow and painful death

You're fucked. Hope you have a backup career planned out until you manage to join an established firm (in 10 to 20 years)

I'm how you earn a living, fucko. Suffer.

> mega glut of law school graduates
> the job market is collapsing
> dumbfuck goes for a law degree becuz muh prestige
enjoy being overloaded with debt and working as a barista for the next 20 years

Your ass is collapsing from too much asspounding.

>I'm currently thinking about constitutional law

You will never make money studying this type of law. Everyone I know who studied either makes 60k a year at the ACLU, or their dad/uncle was an AG and they got a job in that field doing paperwork.

Do criminal/PI, work your ass off for a successful firm, rise up and roll in the 150k+ a year dough.

Im the paralegal guy
I actually have a degree in political science and i was dabbling in education but when i realized i want to actually go to law school, i wanted to give me time to study for the lsat

She would gets lots of work though. People who need the most lawyering are often psycho pervs who make decisions based on where they want to put their dicks.

youtu.be/GmZiqwRnwtM

this is the only way you'll earn a living with that degree

Do estate planning. SSDI. Help wealthy people get divorces.

2009 called they want this comment back faggot.

I’m the reason your company is eventually going to file for Ch. 11 and you are gonna have to find another job
>ftfy

Oh I miss 2009.

usatoday.com/story/news/2017/06/28/law-schools-hunkering-down-enrollment-slips/430213001/

US AIDS today?

Nigga how you not see this as a GOOD thing for future lawyers?

The market is currently in a glut. Four years from now, when all the current out of work JD holders have fucked off for better employment, the new crop of lawyers will have an ez ride into law firms who want to churn out associates like candy.

it doesn't work that way. it's not like the stock market and the shit swings back and forth over the course of a couple of years.

Your balls don't work.

The reason you don't get cooperation is because your requests are overbroad. Learn how to draft decent RFPs and interrogatories, stop asking for absolutely fucking everything, and you'll be less of a failure.

Thoughts on going to the HPY triad for non-law things? Physics in my case

So im going into a philosophy major and then law school. I also was thinking constitutional law. Mainly i just want to tear some fucking corporate faggot prick a new asshole and squish some corrupt douches. I just dont like bullshit and corruption is basically some top tier bullshit. Wouldnt const law be a good choice with this in mind? I dont care about money, ill make enough to get by and live at the very least a comfortable modest life. If i wanted to make bank id go into finance rather than hold some richer dudes balls by being his bitch boy lawyer lacky.

>phil major wants to go to law school to get involved in politics, wat do

I need to know how you achieved this position.

Constitutional law will get you nowhere here. You want administrative law: rulemaking, non-Article-III courts, regulations, that stuff.

It just kind of happened tbh. I got seriously into Linux and sysadmin around 2000, and learned a bit about security then. Did some coding during law school to make ends meet. Got interested in E-discovery which is a marriage of law and tech. Couldn't get a job as a lawyer, stumbled into a good coding job, did my best, networked, asked questions, talked to company attorneys, and more or less wiggled into a place that nobody else was filling.

Read a bit about forensics for discovery. Check out Udemy courses. Just keep stretching yourself.