Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irSlef-kcP8
bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26417240
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he was a good buy the glove didn't fit

Yes, this shouldn't even be in question

It was extremely painful

Pistolius

I believe him senpai. As a rich white celebrity in South Africa he must have been paranoid 24/7

Present your evidence.

The case that he deliberately wanted to kill her is very thin. Oh my God, he sent some WhatsApp messages for having been jealous at a party. That does not establish motive to want to murder somebody.

Exactly, this fucking case just turned into race and status - all of South Africa's blacks wanted him found guilty because he's a rich white guy and they don't like rich white people.

Reading about the case, I have two questions:

1) If the prosecution wanted to establish that Pistorius deliberately wanted to / intended to kill Steenkamp, then where is there evidence, beyond the fact that he was jealous at a party once? That isn't enough evidence for motive to murder.

2) The eventual verdict of murder (which was arrived at during the appeal) was on the basis that even if Pistorius thought it was an intruder, he still clearly intended to kill, because four shots would be expected to kill somebody. But why didn't the defence point out that if it was an intruder then such an intruder might be armed? In that case, it would be perfectly reasonable that Pistorius would want to stop such an intruder. But yet I haven't found anything to suggest that this point (a very important point, in my view) was ever raised by the defence.

desu he lived in Cape Town, no? Which is really developed.

Bitch had it coming.

Cape Town is one of the most violent places on the planet senpai.

He lived in a gated community. But that doesn't mean that an intruder couldn't find their way in, does it?

I believe the defence - I think he genuinely thought it was an intruder. They spoke him being pretty "on edge" and having repetitive fears/nightmares of being trapped in a place where he'd have to move very quickly to escape danger. And you can imagine that, if you literally had fucking stumps for legs.

But I do think the defence should have made the point that the intruder could have been armed. In my opinion that would have made their case much stronger. Maybe they did make that point, but it isn't mentioned on Wikipedia where I'm reading about the case.

such a bizarre thing to look at

my mind can't accept it, it's like he's walking through mud.

Even my SJW sociology professor admits Capetown is fucked

never skip leg day

Doesn't always help. Some places will deem the force used to be unnecessary.

he looks silly

Wow that's kinda fucked up
He tried to score pity points from the jury by walking without his prosthetics. That's completely unethical in my book.

i haven't followed the case very closely, but you seem to know a thing or two. what i heard was that he shot his girl through the bathroom door, because she was in there and he thought it was a burglar?

if that is so, then my question is this, did he not see that his girl was not in bed, assuming they shared a bed? did he not think it was possible (hell even much more likely) that the person in the bathroom was his girl, since she was not in bed? did he shout her name or something?

How is this even related to sports?

Shut up fag

So is murdering your girlfriend.

I heard Celtic wanted to hire him as manager after hearing he could lose both legs and still win.

ehh 5/10.

No they made him do this to reenact the events

so, is he a manlet?

Do you understand the reference? I'm talking about Glasgow Celtic, who lost both games against Legia Warsaw by an aggregate score of 6-1 in the Champions League qualifiers, but they advanced into the tournament as Legia Warsaw fielded an ineligible player in the last few minutes of the game by accident. This was all going on around the time of the Pistorius trial.

It was a 10/10 joke bitch

it was too contrived

Then watch the video. He's not walking through mud, you idiot. HIS LEGS WERE AMPUTATED.

youtube.com/watch?v=irSlef-kcP8

How would it not help? The court already believed the force was unnecessary. Pointing out that an intruder could have been armed is not a conclusive argument, but it's the best defence there is to the fact that he fired four shots. The fact that he fired those shots is established, so why wouldn't they provide the best possible defence for why he fired those shots?

>you seem to know a thing or two.
I was just reading about it on Wikipedia, that's all, and some news websites, because I just wanted to find out the facts. I've only skim read it really, so I might be missing some things, but I think I've got a basic overview.

>if that is so, then my question is this, did he not see that his girl was not in bed, assuming they shared a bed? did he not think it was possible (hell even much more likely) that the person in the bathroom was his girl, since she was not in bed? did he shout her name or something?
He believed she was still in bed. His account was that he had already gotten up once during the night to close the curtains and sliding door, and she had been in bed then, and he spoke to her briefly. So when he was later awoken by the bathroom noises, he believed she was still in bed, and he told her to call the police while he approached the bathroom.

The BBC has a good account of his initial testimony: bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26417240

>soccer jokes
>relevant

yikes

His defence lawyers asked him to do it, because they were trying to establish (along with other evidence from psychologists) that he had a heightened sense of fear, vulnerability, and anxiety due to his lack of mobility compared to a normal person.

No he wasn't "re-enacting" anything. See above. The defence was trying to establish that his disability made him more vulnerable than a normal person.

How is it not? He's a professional athlete, were you not aware of that?

>So when he was later awoken by the bathroom noises, he believed she was still in bed, and he told her to call the police while he approached the bathroom.
this is what i have a problem with. he thought she was in bed because they had talked earlier. why didn't he check? "she must be in bed since she was in bed earlier". and now there's a potential threat in the house, i would make sure my girl was safe. also if there are noises in the bathroom at night i would probably assume it was my girlfriend, but that's irrelevant. maybe he was groggy due to it being night, i don't know.

the whole jealousy thing, plus a guy like him might have his inner demons. i don't think it's too farfetched he did it, but it's hard to say.

$100 says his GF dumped him and made fun of his legs as she went to leave him, and he was so humiliated and emasculated he flipped the fuck out and shot her

>why didn't he check?
Part of me thinks you would, but part of me also thinks that if you genuinely believed it was an intruder, then you'd think "fuck I need to address this", and you'd probably assume your girlfriend was still in bed. I dunno.

Anyway this is Pistorius' own testimony (from that BBC link):

"He said he woke in the early hours and Ms Steenkamp asked him: "Can't you sleep, my baba?"
He told the court he could not sleep and that he had brought in two fans from the balcony. Mr Pistorius then described how he heard a noise from the bathroom.
"That's the moment that everything changed," he said. "I thought that there was a burglar that was gaining entry to my home."
Mr Pistorius said he grabbed his 9mm pistol from under his bed and moved towards the bathroom on his stumps, telling Ms Steenkamp quietly to call the police.
"I got to the entrance of the bathroom, at the end of the passage. At this point I was certain that an intruder or intruders were there in my bathroom.""

>the whole jealousy thing, plus a guy like him might have his inner demons. i don't think it's too farfetched he did it, but it's hard to say.
Indeed it is hard to say. I guess it is plausible, like the prosecution alleged, that they had had a heated argument, she closed herself in the toilet, and that he shot at her in the spur of the moment.

And I guess if that's true then his whole story is a fabrication.

Who knows. I dunno. Hard to conclusively say one way or the other. There were also witnesses who said they heard a woman scream, followed by gunshots, but the defence said that this was actually Pistorius screaming, followed by him trying to break the toilet door down with a cricket bat (which he did). Perhaps that is a sketchy explanation though.

does a one legged duck swim in a circle?

it was just banter m8