Should I buy this gun? It's purpose is for home defense. It's damn expensive, but I think it would be worth the expense

Should I buy this gun? It's purpose is for home defense. It's damn expensive, but I think it would be worth the expense.

Bonus points if you can answer this: my wife hates guns and would leave me if she knew I bought one. How do I navigate this?

Other urls found in this thread:

fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fn-five-seven/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

buy a shotgun for home defense. You clearly don't know much about weapons so I wouldn't recommend buying a handgun right off the bat, tricky to use compared to an old fashioned pump shotgun. Plus a cheap shotgun should only be a few hundred bucks

get a glock 17 9 mm with rip rounds
>glocks are very reliable plus more shots easier reload for defense

>RIP rounds

don't be a faggot. Get some 147 grain HSTs and call it a day. RIP rounds are for faggots who don't understand ballistics.

well dirty harry if you need to ask if you should buy it or even give a fuck what your wife thinks about you having a gun, put it down and fuck off back to california

also
>reliable gun + father of jams ammo == unreliable gun

rip rounds are for noobs bc they have low penetration but still can have stopping power if its a shit shot.
i like the 124 grain federal HST didnt know they make a 147 grain in 9mm

I'm actually from California. Did you somehow know that from the photo or are you just being a faggot

You should be able to buy at least 2, maybe 3 for that price. Also, guns are for insecure faggots who are afraid of the world.

>It's purpose is for home defense. It's damn expensive

Yo you got an extra apostrophe in there but I'm not telling you where

>1399.99$
lol

Expensive.

Do you have kids?

Before you buy, take the wife to the gun range. See if they have a low caliber revolver for low recoil and a light trigger pull.

For that price you could build a quality AR with a red dot optic which is far superior to home defense. Handguns are only useful because they're small and concealable. For home defense, you want maximum firepower, concealability is useless

personally i use a glock 40 cal with Remington 180gr UD but ive been shooting since i was 12

For home defense buy an AR-15 pistol 10.5 inch barrel with an SBTactical brace or a Glock 19. That gun isn't a good choice at all

No. Unless you plan on putting on ear protection before you defend your home, you'll just end up temporarily deaf and slightly blinded from the muzzle flash.

Then the nigger robbing you will just shoot you with his stolen 9MM.

what do i get if i guess correctly

this gun is the best for personal defense. get it instead

fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fn-five-seven/

>It's purpose is for home defense
Move to a safe location

>maximum fire power for home defense
Can’t tell if bait or not. But I’ll bite. You’re literally unbelievably retarded if you believe this statement, and think that a .223/ .556 is a good round for home defense. That’s going to go through your house and hit something else. Take gun classes you fucktard and get off of Battlefield. Pistols are actually one of (9mm) the best things to use for home defense

True. And that's a Bill Burr joke.

>from Cali
>buying a gun
God, I thought you guys were supposed to have commen sense over there.

Pistol rounds literally penetrate more drywall than 5.56 rifles. 5.56 @ 3,000 fps fragments upon impact, which is why they're ideal for inside the home. They're safer than handgun or buckshot. Learn 2 not be retarded.

Trim your goddamn thumbnail.

OP is and always will be the faggot

so 9 mm would be better than a .45? And would you say no to the .357? I didn't think about the noise and going deaf from shooting it...

If you're looking to secure a location you might want to build a machine gun nest. Thats what they do in war and home defence should be no different.

357 is smaller than a 45. get a 45 calibre instead for best home defense and stopping power

you dont want a light trigger pull on a handgun you stupid fuck

Stop making shitty threads.

ive also heard this from someone in the military.

AR15s were designed to maim and not kill

take a good old 1911 with an exdended magasine.

wut? theres a reason rifles are classified in the level 4A rating vs 3A pistol

You’re actually stupid as shit dude, do NOT listen to this retard. Don’t use semi-automatic rifles to shoot someone in your house unless that’s all you have. Besides you want something smaller, you’re in a house. The bigger the weapon the harder it is aiming around corners. You’re in America, not Afghanistan

get a 9mm bc its your first handgun, 9mm is most reliable anyways . 45 will surely blow melon size holes in your intruder but is way harder to control and fire multiple rounds if inexperienced. trust me glock 17 9mm you wont be sorry

basicaly did you told everyone you took the bait ?

>4A rating

Are you trying to discuss body armor ratings and failing? 4A isn't even a DOJ rating for armor. Try again, 'tard.

checked

>my wife hates guns and would leave me if she knew I bought one

My answer? Leave her. I'm not even a pro-gun guy, I don't really give a shit. But seriously, fuck that stupid bitch.

I honestly don’t know about that...I kinda wish I got a .45 instead of my 9mm. They hit slightly harder. A 9mm is good enough to take someone down, but a .45 would do slightly better I guess

just don't fucking buy it

that got to be the shittyest round out there,
literally that desight prevent the bullet from having mass and thus producing more fatal wound,

that crap is for those who can't aim for shit.

have a friendly neighbhorhood thug walk into the house and act all intimidating. you show up point your finger at him and say bang. clint eastwood style. he drops to the ground and plays dead. she will get the idea pretty quick why it's important. Women are stupid. They want to be defenseless. It's a mans job to protect his family.

>hit harder

that was true maybe 20 years ago. With modern hollowpoints, there is no statistically significant difference between the major duty calibers (.40, .45, 9mm) and 9mm is the most cost effective, lowest recoiling, and highest capacity.

Your wife sounds like a bitch.

Take your wife shooting. She'll see it's fun and safe. Then take your balls out of her purse and buy what you want with your big boy money.

And get a long gun for home defense, handguns suck at killing.
I'd also recommend some electronic earpro by your bed so you won't damage your hearing yet can still hear around you.

>glock
Don't make me laugh, if you want a reliable pistol that won't crack in your hands, get a CZ, some of the nicest pistols

Yeah I got my Glock 17 cheap as balls. And I’m happy with it. I would like to get a .45, but like I said I’m pretty happy with my Glock

are you emotionally stable?
do you have children?
is she emotionally stable?
do you have friends who come over regurarly and snoop around?
Guns are a serious tool. you can't leave that shit laying around. Get a serious case for it and leave it in a safe spot.

its NIJ fag just was testing you . VI is the highest but point being if a .223 can pierce body armor and a .45 can be stopped. how is it reverse on measly drywall?

Glock is fantastic. Might be made of plastic but those mother fuckers are reliable as hell.

hire a beaner to break in then shoot him. bitches love it when you kill something

my gun is that much better than yours

your gun cannot and will not compete

fuck your .50 rounds, go full 2.0 or bust

>friendly neighbhorhood thug
lol

WRONG! Learn ballistics newfag. Get quality rounds designed for urban environments and they will penetrate less than a 9mm. You clearly are fucking retarded.

she is

could get frangible bullets for it?

a little bit more respect next time

I'm not saying they're not, but I feel that a CZ is a very competitive gun for the glock, and has better build quality, plus I mean man have you ever shot a CZ? It's honestly just beautiful

Do you have a cold?

Then what’s the point of using it?? It’d be like using a .22. People can still kick you ass after being shot by one of those

yes
no
yes
no
good idea but she wouldnt want one. should i buy it without her knowledge and hide it??

fuck that Glocks are shit

mine started stove piping pretty damn quick and I was babying it like a motherfucker

You’re gonna break your nose or your wrist the first time you fire that thing if you’re here asking about guns.

I honestly have not. Which sucks because I hear really good things about them. And they’re cheap for what it is

its the first one

For real this is actually wrong information. Rifles provide significantly more stopping power and accuracy than a pistol and are much easier to control. If OP has a family member such as an older child or a spouse/significant other that might need to use the firearm, an AR-15 is actually the safer route to take.

I bet this guy changes a lot of minds with those stickers

Because it's designed for lethality on soft targets. When it hits hard targets it doesn't penitrate as much/fragments. Do you even gun you fucking faggot.

Just get a sign that says "I have a mean dog. My rich neighbor (who is hard of hearing) doesn't"

>this is the fool the NRA needs to keep selling guns

idk man. in a hallway or tight housing situation a pistol is way easier to maneuver than having to bring up a rifle to your shoulders
>inb4 hipfire this isnt fortnite

Guns kill babies do buy a crossbow instead.

You'll blow your dick off, son.

maybe you shouldn't have marrried a hippie

I would really recommend them if you're looking for a new sidearm anytime soon, they're great

No impulse buy and do your own research. Just my opinion as I own several .357s that round is way overpowered for home defense. Better off with a 9mm or .45.

Sounds like you were using underpowered ammo or limpwristing it like a bareback faggot.

An ar pistol is just as easy to manuver in close quarters and ballistically Superior to any pistol. An are with a 16 inch barrel when shouldered is almost the same length as a pistol when fully extended.

Move to a better part of town while the economy is still functioning.
If that isn't an option, for that price you could bars on all your windows... but that would hurt your resale value (unless the neighbors already all have them)

If you are recommending an any type of rifle for home defense you are not right in the head.
>Be me
>Shoot AR in house at night
>BOOM
>Lose vision due to muzzle flash
>Lose hearing cause that shit is loud

The concept of stopping power is retarded. Nobody gets a hole in their body, only to kill you once they realize it's just a .22. Shotgun or 9mm auto is all you need.

Tell her it only hurts bad people.

Cuz I'm going to care abouty hearing when my life is at risk....... You're dumb as fuck.

also like 10 magazines and some body armor

Say what you will but when you can see or hear you are not defending a damn thing.

Hell no bro get a smaller cheaper .357 stub nose for home defense and carry it on you everywhere you go.

>357
small arm for a small man

why do you want a revolver for home defense?

you're such a fucking retard

Maybe dial it back to a .38 and get a hammerless (shrouded) airweight model instead of a fancy target model. Not much can go wrong there.

skip it. they're not bad guns but not worth 1200, let alone 1400.

>buying meme rounds ever

I love the aesthetics on the fiveseven but nah, go with a shotty or a glock...

.357 for home defense?

Best case scenario, you get one shot off that misses by a mile because of the recoil and blind yourself from the muzzle flash in a dark room. You're not Clint Eastwood, buy something practical.

Nothing wrong with that. They don't jam for a start and no-one needs 15 fucking rds for home D, you've either already won or you're dead after a couple.

get a cheapass glock for 400 bucks. you dont need a fucking 357.