Has anybody else never found Will Ferrel to be all that funny?

Has anybody else never found Will Ferrel to be all that funny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_hPp4dgmrc8
youtube.com/watch?v=_hPp4dgmrc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's funny as hell, just a shame the movie scripts aren't great

only to a certain point

he's gone downhill

I like Anchorman, but everything else is wank.

Me. I've seen Step Brothers and Anchorman and didn't so much as crack a smile. Literally no idea why people think he's funny.

Elf, Anchorman, Talladega Nights, Zoolander, and Stepbrothers are all mildly funny.

I thought Anchorman and Blades of Glory were the funniest movies when i was in 7th grade, now I think theyre terrible and my little brother who's now in 7th grade is obsessed with them

He's decent, but not really laugh out loud funny.

The Other Guys was the last movie he was in where I got some good laughs, but a lot of that was mainly due to his interactions with Mark Wahlberg.

just checked his imdb, jesus christ how the fuck did Daddy's Home get a sequel

this

Yeah. He's funny. Beats the shit out of Kevin Heart or any other A list movie comedian in the last 15 years. Name someone better in the last 15 years.

hmm so far from his movies I liked

Anchorman
Semi-Pro (my favourite)
Talladega Nights

he's okay not laugh out loud funny, although i did laugh hard at the cuck on Semi-Pro

He is phenomenal in movies that are only partially comedy. Stranger than Fiction, for example. I like him in movies that are full comedy, but I can see why people find his humorous acting taxing to watch for a full movie.

Wasted doubles
Step Brothers is GOAT

fuck off step brothers is fucking garbage

I believe Anchorman is legitimately a funny movie. I also thought it was the funniest shit I had ever seen when I was 13. Now I can't laugh at it anymore, I can sit through the whole movie and barely crack a smile. I know it's still a funny movie though.

I think the problem with it is that every single funny joke in the movie was subsequently made into an image macro that disseminated throughout the entire internet, circling over and over through the top pages of every single trashy site, like funnyjunk, 9gag, Reddit, et al. For the past 10+ years. The regurgitation of every funny joke in the film into a stupid internet meme format has made the original funny jokes become obnoxious and unfunny. The endless repetition of the films humor, and the endless exposure to the films jokes, has sucked all the humor out of the film itself.

Now when I watch the movie, and a previously funny scene is coming up, all I can think about is those stupid fucking macros that say things like "BOY, THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY" and I'm filled with a cold wrath instead.

Tl;dr: Reddit is responsible. Reddit ruined this movie. They sucked all the fun and humor out of it, just like they do to anything they touch.

He may have been the GOAT SNL cast member. Step Brothers is one of the best comedies of the past two decades.

I think he's funny. I liked his run on SNL too and is still in one of their all time goat sketches (Cowbell, yes its overexposed but that's because it was great).

Best role is Ashley Shaffer from Eastbound and Down. A combination of slave owner, used car salesman, and Ric Flair.

>I’m your master, and you are my possession. You carry out my will or you will feel my lash.

Old School is funny

I liked other guys

Yes. He's one of those rare people whose very demeanour is funny.

If you actually have to ask is he funny, then you didn't see the absolute best blooper video on the planet

youtu.be/_hPp4dgmrc8

>LET
>THE BOY
>WATCH

THIS

Eat a dick

Him and Depp are just really good and screaming.

Definitely his best role right here. Ferret is only funny in side roles, when he's the main character his act just gets stale.

he's great in small parts, starsky & hutch and wedding crashers come to mind

MOM

unfunny fuck

>Step Brothers is GOAT

My nigga.

I love that movie.

I really liked him on SNL. I have hate all his movies though

he's getting married
HAHA what an IDIOT! good, good, more for me and you

He's legitimately a top 3 all time SNL cast member
Just remembered him doing Janet Reno after she died yesterday

quads of LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kinda agree
his deadpan absurdism can get drawn out at times

Him being Alex trebek on celebrity jeopardy is probably my favorite role of his

on rewatch brick is really cringeworthy, and he totally killed the second movie as well

He needs a foil to be funny. A straight-man, or sobering subject matter. Bob Newhart in Elf, Emma Thompson in Stranger Than Fiction, etc.

He's unwatchable. I make a point of never seeing anything that has him in it.

plebs

youtube.com/watch?v=_hPp4dgmrc8

>>I'm not fine! I sell fucking Kias!

I love him and McBride on LAnd of the Lost (and Anna Friel in shorts)

I dont really like him much but the other guys is one of my favorite comedies

No disagreements there. Brick sucked and he was just "le funny retard man who doesn't understand things". It was sort of funny on the first viewing, but each subsequent viewing makes him worse and worse.
>the sequel
That whole movie was trash though, singling out Brick isn't fair when the whole movie was pure garbage.

I thought the other guys was really funny when I was younger but I rewatched it and I thought it just wasn't funny

He does good work in the right films, but a lot of the film he is in are total crap with or without him. He's golden as a cartoon voice, and very much knows how to come across as a very likeable guy.