/alma/ = mozart

A true patrician star is born. And not even Asian. This is incredible.

cbsnews.com/news/the-12-year-old-prodigy-whose-first-language-is-mozart/

>Mozart
Pleb.

She does a Candenza in the 60 Minutes piece off of Mozart.

yeah fuck those plebs who don't listen to constant basedthoven on repeat 24/7

She seems way too sweet and happy for someone with German parents

If she can make it to adulthood without getting burnt out of music, then I'll be legitimately interested, but until then? Meh.

The American professor assigned her stuff he thought she would burn out on and she aced it.....so it’s really just a question of whether she finds or needs social happiness, since she already has the ability to create and improvise at the highest level.

It was interesting to hear how she constructed alter ego composers in her mind, that had deep backstories.

too bad no contemporary composer writing in an 18th-century style will be remembered at all

Nobody is going to care about this person unless she embraces a more pedestrian, even lowbrow, style of music.

classical period is pedestrian

I hope she grows up OK. Hopefully she'll plateau and just be happy with music and not get bored with everything in life.

In 2017, someone like her could get a deal to score and create an animated Pixar opera, if the plot was good enough.

She could create the next Frozen....and then do more things like that. EGOT by age 25

t. brainlet

You need skills beyond classical period stuff to do film scores. It's got to go up to at least Stravinsky.

I'll be impressed if she does Dragonforce violin/piano covers on Youtube. Until then just another "prodigy" that will be forgotten as soon as I hit X on the news article in my browser.

>implying anyone cares about 21st century composers

lol

Obviously she's talented, but the reason I want to wait until she's older to make judgements is because what's really important to me in music is the ability to convey emotion, and that really is not something that can be taught or practiced, but rather gained from life experience.

>tfw no super intelligent musically inclined composer loli gf
why even live

pretty idiotic comment, honestly

Yeah, it makes me wonder if she is ever going to be in a position to face real adversity.

The few people I’ve known who have two professors as parents had an easy path to success in life, but all got involved to some extent with drugs (although none with any serious consequences)

The moment in the profile where she is taking a break from the interview and singing to herself kinda proves she will never be able to socialize normally.

people with an interest in contemporary art do

Usually people like that have serious problems with self esteem and confidence. Being in a super competitive environment where you're compelled to be the best ends up being really awful for you.

Imagine how hard the Chinese tiger moms are going to smear her online to promote their prodigy kids

shes only 12

oh yeah, I literally just saw her a little while ago on 60 minutes and shut the tv off within a few seconds. bitch looked crazy as hell, like she's permanently damaged. poor kid tbqh. fuck her fucking parents.

can you still abort at 12 years?

too old

Delete this.

She’s content and healthy

she should collaborate with jacob collier

>Dorking
what an awful town name

how is someone born with the knowledge of western classical music?

so I imagine when she was born it was basically like that scene in the matrix where her parents are basically feeding her all this information 24hrs a day? How else can she acquire all this knowledge?

Her father is a linguistics professor, so he probably surrounded her with nothing but classical sounds as her brain and organs developed. Hence the seemingly innate sensibilities of understanding the mathematical rules of classical.

Performing it would be a different matter, but if you pressed her parents I’m sure they’d admit piping in nothing but classical into to her crib for years

I'd pipe something in her crib if you know what I mean

>surrounded her with nothing but classical sounds as her brain and organs developed.
huh? that shit actually works? Don't all parents try to pull that shit on their kids?

Emotion in music is a meme.

Lewd

no it doesn't work

child prodigies are obsessive autodidacts that are given both exposure to what interests them and opportunities to explore it further

Perhaps it works better on certain kind of brains. Her parents are described as amateur musicians. But since they are academics, their amateur habit is probably much more serious than that of many pros

Apparently that worked well enough on Rick Beato's son that he developed perfect pitch, although his was less classical and more jazz.

it works the same way listening to an audiobook while you sleep will help you on the test for that book you never took the time to read

it doesn't

how the fuck do they know what interests them when they're like fucking 1-2 years old? I don't even remember what the fuck I was doing.

I don't think anyone starts that young.

jacob collier tells a story about how his mother would ask him what a note 'feels like'. It tied in to his understanding of the circle of fifths that meant a note feels more like a note a fifth away from it than one a semitone away.

jacob collier is a fucking retarded hack

it says she was playing piano and violin by the time she was 3. How does a 3 year old even have the dexterity to do that?

are you going to just claim or will you provide evidence

so 5 people

his entire fucking channel is evidence enough

Yea but if she were hit by a bus then she'd be dead. So who cares?

>not asian
disgusting

>How does a 3 year old even have the dexterity to do that?
Through lies

alright, you're the retarded one here mate

FURTHER

His musical output is terrible considering his skillset and knowledge.

give him a break for christ sake, there's lots of good original content included in his recompositions, even if his originals aren't at their caliber yet
part of this could also be that its over your head

I was playing piano by 4, it's not that impossible.

why are child prodigies always either mathematical or musical?

>he likes jacob collier's music
you realize your opinions hold no value, right?

do you usually listen to high information music like jazz or classical music?

wtf is high information music?

do you know literally anything at all about music theory or composition

It has to be the nature of how the brain can reason and interpret those disciplines.

I guess someone could be a doogie howser doctor, but that would probably stem from a kid being a prodigy of reading and comprehending medical texts and images

PROOF

I recorded myself taking a shit once. Does that count?

Medicine requires broader knowledge of chemistry and other subjects, music is only music, unless you want to do psychoacoustics or something

To be John Williams, all you need is to be able to write mediocre faux-Wagner pieces and instant career.

t. pedophile

retarded hacks generally can't write microtonal harmonies by ear

I doubt user knows what microtonal or harmony mean

t. brainlet
try listening to composers like Sciarrino, Gubaidulina, Lachenmann, Ullmann, Neuwirth, Haas, Cerha and Saariaho

"high information" has no basis in theory or composition

it's retarded as fuck to try to apply information theory to music too. if you want to maximize "information", it's trivial, just listen to white noise. it's by definition the most complex signal you can have. literally bashing keys arbitrarily, with no repetition, would be "high information"

mashing keys on your keyboard is also high information in a sense, but random characters dont convey complicated ideas like a sentence would

(not true, by the way)

yeah but music is a shitty form of communication that way, at a certain point you can't distinguish complexity from randomness

it's not like prose where ideas are laid out in a logical fashion, and you can evaluate the quality of those ideas and say it either makes sense or doesn't make sense

you can't really compare information theory to text anyway; it's fundamentally not concerned with meaning and anyway a sentence has a lot of redundancy

exceptional genes + exceptional environment

> at a certain point you can't distinguish complexity from randomness
this is what its like trying to read hard philosophy

academic texts make sense to people with the right background, though

it's not like someone with a PhD in music will listen to a Xenakis or Stockhausen or Ferneyhough piece for the first time and say "oh, I get it", or "I noticed a mistake" or something.

Yeah nah, I'll stick around to Death Grips, aka non-boring shite for pretentious dickwads that call themselves "patrician".

ironically, your dismissal of a different type of music based off of who you think listens to it is the source of real pretension here

Is she jewish?

when a kid is a "musical prodigy" does it just mean they can learn music quickly? like do they just understand the techniques/mechanics very well?

because whenever i see artists of any medium (whom were child prodigies) they usually just produce below average to shitty art, nothing actually good. i have never seen one that is actually creative that was born after the 60s.

>inb4 brainlet

mate we are all brainlets here.

:)

kek

every 'prodigy' i've seen over the last 10 years coldly replicates & has never created anything good

a lot of these kids are smart for their age but then end up like just being a regular fucker and are never heard from again.
They are no doubt exploited by their parents for whatever reason.

The only actual child prodigy i know of that didnt turn out to be a moron was ted kcysnki, he was actually so smart he hated everyone and tried to overthrow capitalism

Tfw she ends up making shitty edm

pretty amazing. the human mind is a bigger anomaly than most of us seem to realize... poop dick

I would be more interested if she can compose.