What's /mu's opinion on King Crimson?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/InTheCourtOfKingCrimson
youtu.be/8ni4AbYZnRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good band with some good albums

what's the point of listening to them after their first album
moonchild (12 min version) is their only good song.

Overrated wankprog trash.

boring bullshit

I've been listening to a lot of Beat recently. Outside of Discipline, their 80s output is really underrated.

this
moonshit a shit
nope
get taste fag

They're one of those bands that has something for everyone. First two albums are psychedelic/prog masterpieces. Larks' Tongues doubles down on the formula, while beginning the journey into a heavier soundscape. Red and Starless are the primordial ooze from which bands like Tool and Mars Volta crawled out of. Their live albums from the 70s jam out into soundscapes only reached by the likes of The Dead. Their early 80's incarnation is essential listening for fans of Talking Heads. And the ProjeKCts? As a fan of free jazz and krautrock, I can't get enough of them. In all, they are a band I keep coming back to, no matter what genres my tastes are leaning toward at the moment. Even their least successful musical efforts are worth the time.

Fripp is overrated as a guitarist here.

They're alright.
Pictures is of a City is probably my favorite song I've heard from them.

Good band but overrated by progfags.

A mediocre band that somehow fluked into releasing the best rock album of all time first in their discography.

only other album I really love by them is Discipline.

I haven't cared enough to go through there discography. 21st Century Schziod Man is a good song though.

Great, they can be boring sometimes but when they nail it it's fucking awesome

Seeing them was a highlight of my year

Red might be the best album ever made.

>i only listen to itcotck !!!

No band had a better streak of 9+ quality albums in their early career (in the 70s). Every KC lineup consisted of very trained and creative musicians.
I suggest ya to listen to their discography (or at least the first half of it), you won't waste your time.

One of the few prog rock bands that didn't suck at making music. Prog rock is the fucking worst it's like only a handful of bands tagged under it actually knew what the fuck they were doing. KC did it cohesively first and does it best. The Moody Blues are a fair second.

I hate Fripp's stupid anti stream views.

Music for white nerds

You should visit here to stick it to 'The Man' then

archive.org/details/InTheCourtOfKingCrimson

agreed desu, coming from a prog fan

some OK tracks here and there, and Discipline is cool, but overall meh

Hate that their music is not on spotify.

makes me wonder what prog bands you like?

we've got a live album from the 2017 tour. im hoping if enough people follow KC on spotify grandpa fripp will finally let us stream his shit a few months after he finally passes away

>the people who actually know the most music theory and are the most talented musicians within the rock genre "don't know what they're doing"
>Presumably the vast hordes of musical dunces playing reheated Chuck Berry nigger music in various thrusting, rhythmic ways DO know what they're doing

Consider killing yourself and never listening to music again.

I wonder how it works, honestly.

Yes, it's a babby's first prog rock band.

GET
OUT

New DGM Live video is up.
youtu.be/8ni4AbYZnRY

Great album art

lol ur so mad xD

Fripp is with us, fag

Pink Floyd was better in every way.

Xd nice one bro

a prog band apart, really. no other group of the time really managed to capture the breadth of sensations they did. how you feel about that is your own prerogative.

this

Anyone been to see them on their current tour?

enjoyed itcotck

hes mad and correct

ROFL

one of my favorite bands and one of the bands that really got me interested in music when I was young.
Discipline will always be my favorite album of theirs but the early stuff is incredible as well. I also think their later belew/fripp albums are severely underrated (ConstruKction of Light and Power to Believe)
I once played The Construkction of Light pt.1 in a guitar class and completely embarassed myself. It's not even a really out-there song but the teacher and students were not feelin it.

just to clarify I didnt "play" it myself obviously, the teacher just had students put on music they were into. Everyone elses was pleb pop shit

Porcupine Tree, Tool, Dream Theater...