Are these 3 the pinnacle of artistry created by female artists?

are these 3 the pinnacle of artistry created by female artists?

>three different mainstream popstars
Is this a joke

hey

More like the pinnacle of fartistry created by female artists

>Grimes
I'm not hating her, but she doesn't belong to same picture with Björk and Kate. She hasn't influenced that much people than Björk and Kate

>All white women
OP confirmed racist

I know you're b8ing but the joke's on you because I love all 3

The Dreaming, HoL, Post, Homogenic and Art Angels are all masterpieces

Joni Mitchell, Patti Smith, Madonna

filtered

stop. why do you care so much about influencing? she's too new for that. you should care about their music quality and their authenticity. unlike bush and bjork, grimes does 99% all of her art by herself.
but be sure that grimes is the bjork and kate bush of this generation.

>I know you're b8ing
i'm serious as cancer/rhythm is a dancer

test

Replace Grimes with pic related and now we're talking.

On the female art pop scale she makes Grimes look like Miley Cyrus in comparison.

>unlike bush and bjork, grimes does 99% all of her art by herself
Now you said one reason why she doesn't belong with them in the same picture
>but be sure that grimes is the bjork and kate bush of this generation.
Meh, can't see it happen but it's subjective

grimes is too autistic to work with people, apparently this is a merit now

>On the female art pop scale she makes Grimes look like Miley Cyrus in comparison.
yeah sure.
>Your lips, warm and fuzzy
>I want to run my fingers up your pussy
fever ray is the miley cyrus of art pop. grimes > fever ray.

grimes talk to me

Laurel Halo - Julia Holter - Jun Togawa

the true holy trinity

how is Grimes anywhere close to Bjork and Kate Bush? she will be forgotten about in 5 years

i want to bork bjork

i want to hug grimes

i want to benis kates bush

>she will be forgotten about in 5 years
people said exactly the same thing in 2012 after her breakthrough, visions. and look now...
grimes will leave a strong mark in music - at least in art pop.

fix that last one

Kate and Bjork are pretty creative and artistic people, Grimes hasn't really had a mark on anyone.

>fix that last one
no. grimes is here to stay.
>Grimes hasn't really had a mark on anyone.
prove it.

Who has been influenced by Grimes. I don't know anyone. I know a ton of people influced by Kate Bush and Bjork. I'm sure Grimes has been influenced though others by Kate and Bjork if not directly, but I don't know anyone really who's as artistically respected as those two and claims Grimes as an influence. Honestly.

FUCK OFF

Not really, she's still making music but she has a following of virgins and guys who like her. Until she makes a Hounds of Love or is able to captivate audiences years down the read (I'm 22 and only heard of Kate a few years ago, I didn't grow up with it) you can't say she really has staying power. People still remember Odd Future and they have arguably influenced more people than Grimes has.

>grimes will leave a strong mark in music - at least in art pop.

I really doubt it. the only people who I know that like grimes are people who aren't much into music, mostly girls. but hey we are all entitled to an opinion.

>the 3rd one
I'm outrag...

I guess they are all kinda memes

absolute bs

there is a fixed version of your pic

Kate isn't really a meme though, like I she Bjork memes and Grimes rampant but I don't in terms of Kate that much. The Cathy one is the closest but there are a few for the others

That's because Björk/Kate have had 40+ years' time for their influence to spread. Grimes has only been around for 7 years, and examples already abound of other artists - both major and minor - being influenced by her.

Yeah but Grimes has the internet which spreads things out faster, and it took literally like 1 show in America to change the land scape of rock and roll . I can't even remember how often I used to read, when I saw the ed sullivan show I picked up the guitar, from rock and rollers and they was in 64 (their first single dropped in 62). While some things are slept on, The Beatles were able to do it in 2 years after making a record.

(I forgot to add this)
If I'm being real I think Brandon's girlfriend has more staying/influence power because I honestly can't imagine anyone wanting to be Claire when they could be Finn. Plus Claire isn't someone who's pushing song structure, or doing anything that hasn't been done. She isn't Captain Beefheart or Lorde. She's just someone who makes synth/art pop.

Take your glasses off for a second and be real. Do you think Claire will honestly have people coming 10 years down the road saying they influenced her. Seriously

bullshit.
>but she has a following of virgins and guys who like her
where is your proof? and how that influences her actual music?
>Until she makes a Hounds of Love or is able to captivate audiences years down the read
visions is far more accomplished album than hounds of love. hounds of love sounds like dated 80s mom-pop music; visions sounds like futuristic goth synthpop.
>People still remember Odd Future and they have arguably influenced more people than Grimes has.
strawman.

ridiculous opinion. could you prove it? how do you even know that? did you actually ask thousands of girls about that and did some statistics or are you just talking out of your ass?

>reporting music/artist discussion you dislike
lame and against the rules. i hope you will be banned.

>grimes is too autistic to work with people
who are bloodpop, jack antonoff, hana, janelle monae, aristophanes, majcal cloudz, sean nicholas savage, etc?

did you actually listen to what's going on in Hounds of Love.

Also maybe that was harsh about the virgins so I'm sorry.

How's that a straw man

wait I though she did everything herself

Also what a fucking faggot, I hope they find him and rape him

>wait I though she did everything herself
there's a catch: she did some extra collabs outside of her albums - except janelle monae & aristophanes who sang on 2 songs from art angels. but she was in charge of everything she did.

you're spamming the board up bro

>did you actually listen to what's going on in Hounds of Love.
yes. the first half is 80s radio friendly pop. the second half is more experimental, but nothing too inaccessible. it's no wonder why hounds of love sold millions of copies, unlike the more advanced and patrician visions.

talking about established artists =/= spam, bruh. you're free to shitpost elsewhere if you don't like this thread. no-one put a gun to your head to open this thread.

also it's ridiculous to whine about "my precious Sup Forums" when 1. it's not your board and 2. everything posted here usually disappear in 1-3 days. mind your business.

am i still being stalked?

you lost all cred when you referred to HOL as mom-pop. Most moms I've talked with couldn't finish the album during Waking The Witch or stopped listening to Kate altogether.

you're whining idiot

bump

>patrician visions.

only disgusting incels like those "Artists". only REAL women actually inspire fellow female musicians

bump

Using Marina isn't a selling point bru, but I'll give you Courney Love and Fiona are a better choice than Grimes. Fuck Lana is too

>whore musician inspires the next generation of whore musicians
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Same questions I could ask to your dumbass. I am just stating my opinion from personal experience. No serious musician considers Grimes great.

it boggles me how anyone could consider grimes to be a better song writer than joanna

Grimes fans are the queer cousins of Kanye fans

>She isn't Captain Beefheart or Lorde.
user, Lorde IS one of the artists who have so far cited Grimes as a founding influence. The existence of Lorde is proof that you are mistaken.

The legitimate best female artists, I rarely see posted here.

>Do you think Claire will honestly have people coming 10 years down the road saying they influenced her.
God yes. She already has them right now, eg greater known artists like Lorde and lesser up-and-coming artists like Lupa J.

I'd like to boggle her fat ass if you know what I mean

>Most moms I've talked with couldn't finish the album during Waking The Witch or stopped listening to Kate altogether.
really? then what's the target of that album - which includes a song named 'mother stands by comfort'?

>but I'll give you Courney Love and Fiona are a better choice than Grimes
b8. they didn't even produce their own music, ffs. they're industry plants.

>wait I though she did everything herself
Every official Grimes release is entirely written, performed, engineered, and produced by Claire Boucher personally with the noted exception of featured guest spots. Everything else Claire Boucher has done has been in open collaboration with other people. Grimes is a purposefully solo act. Everything else Claire Boucher does isn't.

>No serious musician considers Grimes great.
How are musicians like Lorde and Elton John NOT serious musicians?

Joanna Newsom is universally regarded as a great lyricist. Everything else about her music is so so.

I guess if you really like fairy pop music, sure. There's more out there though.

This desu

That's not true, no one on Sup Forums or elsewhere thinks that

>Baiting My Bait

It's like b8 within a b8 within a b8.jpeg

grimes' compositions are far better than the long and bloated dull pieces of joanna. grimes expresses much more using less minutes. also grimes has a much better voice and she produces all her songs. joanna's voice is so terrible that it makes tom waits to sound like pavarotti.

and lyrics < music.
bait-ception

>Do you think Claire will honestly have people coming 10 years down the road saying they influenced her. Seriously
absolutely. these artists are fans of her, now:
Elton John
Purity Ring
Phantogram
Julian Casablancas (The Strokes)
Halsey
FKA Twigs
St. Vincent
Charli XCX
Tegan and Sara
Shirley Manson (Garbage)
M83
Sleigh Bells
Sky Ferreira
Ellie Goulding
Chelsea Wolfe
Chairlift
Lorde
Haim
Taylor Swift
Katy Perry
Janelle Monae
Flying Lotus
Nigel Godrich (Radiohead producer)
Christine and the Queens
Four Tet
Carrie Brownstein
Ladytron
M.I.A.
Adele
Madonna
Lady Gaga (she even hired Grimes' collaborator Bloodpop)
Kathleen Hanna
Rihanna
Warpaint
Lauren Mayberry (Chvrches)

do you believe they will not be influenced by her music?

>No serious musician considers Grimes great.
joanna newsom:
>I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.

>I started to think of it as waveforms. The violin is not an uglier sound than the flute, it’s just a jagged waveform instead of a smooth waveform. There are certain things that, musically, I prefer over others: I like music that is in tune, I prefer when singers are in tune, I prefer when I’m in tune. In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.

where is your god now? you too, read this.

fan doesn't mean influence

>unlike bush and bjork, grimes does 99% all of her art by herself.
you're really hung up on this thing, huh?

I tend to see the same arguments used by Grimes fans to defend themselves. How about this, let them be alone and live their delusions. Don't pull others waifus into this