Yeah, I major in music

>yeah, I major in music

>I mixolydian in music

I pray every night that I will die in my sleep and won't wake up, what can I do?

Go for a nice jog in this fall weather my dude. It'll help clear your mind.

When I'm too stressed and anxious I go for 4+ hour walks within 5 minutes of thinking about it and walk for at least an hour everyday.

>this fall weather

>this fall weather

wew

>i super locrian in music

Too cold

that guy looks familiar

is there any point in majoring in music aside from wanting to be a music educator?

>wanting to be a music educator

I really had to think hard about majoring in something like music composition, since music is the one career I could see myself enjoying, even if having a successful music career is hard.

But I was deterred by the fact that I never took band in jr. high or high school, and that I'd basically have to raise my skill level at the piano from beginner to intermediate in essentially a year to be able to have a chance at auditions. I'd be behind.

It is sad though, because I really think it's something I'd like.

you made the right choice

>know old colleague
>majors in classical guitar
>works as a barista

it's beautiful

just major in audio engineering

maybe she is happy. It still better than majoring into some boring wageslave with marginally better salary. also girls can always marry rich beta, especially with artsy girl portfolio. Sadly it is not feminist utopia yet where everyone punished equally for their poor life choices.

Study sound production and audio engineering. Unlike composition it's actually useful and you don't really need much experience to start doing it. You get trained by professional producers and engineers in fields of live sounds, studio recording, and you can even do things like theatre. Plus you're pretty much guaranteed a job after you graduate, since your teacher will have already sent you out to do work experience at live venues and studio sessions and will recommend students to other employers. Unless you live in a shitty town of course.

>barista
>happy

>tfw music major
>still have to take a bunch of Calculus and technology courses as well as a bunch of music courses while still keeping my chops up

I was thinking about doing that, but from what I've heard it's pretty menial work like just placing mics around and fetching coffee for a long time (though maybe that's just for a non-music degree internship) and the thought of just working for other peoples music as opposed to realizing my own is just incredibly depressing. I don't think I could muster my all doing something like that.

Best course of action for me I think is keep music as a hobby while working at a solid career, playing live shows in my free time and then maybe something nice happens.

>fuck up your nonmusic classes while practicing for juries
>fuck up your only career option working as a barista while practicing for auditions and festivals.

DUDE HOLISTIC LIBERAL ARTS CURRICULUM AMIRITE?

but user, Music is Math