Holy shit

I am actually starting to like this. Am I becoming an autist?

Correct

Yes. And you're stuck here forever.

yes

thats the first album i really liked, the next 5 years of your life are going to be terrible, enjoy

congrats on taking the loveless-pill OP. you're still a basic Sup Forums bitch

why should you not be a basic Sup Forums bitch? by caring about this web page enough to use a trip code are you not a mu bitch as well?

I do wonder how people form such close bonds nowadays given how individualistic our media consumption is becoming

I really never meet anyone who shares more than a few of my media interests, and my closest friends as much as I like em are all utter plebs in a lot of their tastes. It can be pretty alienating at times. How do you actually become friends with someone who listens to something even as basic as shoegaze? How on earth do you bring this stuff up without making 99.9% of people think you're a freak for listening to hoover noises. Idk, life is so lonely nowadays

because you've got a shit taste senpai.

You are on Sup Forums talking about shoegaze right now though. You probably could find friends who listened to shoegaze because you're right that it isn't all that rare. But once you consider all the other things you like, the number who tick all those boxes becomes really small, you need to accept that not everyone you enjoy being with shares all your interests and thats ok.

I sympathise though

>thats the first album i really liked, the next 5
OP here, it's not like I just started listening to music, I just never liked this album and always considered it overrated. But today it just (as much as I hate that word) clicked. I think I'm just a little bit sadder than usual these days.

>likes dream pop rock songs
>is this weird?
no, you're 100% normal

>But today it just (as much as i hate that word) clicked
its okay OP, not everything makes sense right away and that goes for music too. sometimes you gotta be in the right head space to understand what the artist is getting at

loveless is highly accessible if you've listened to anything other than top 40 and the most agreeable selections of pitchfork's BNM. seriously they've BNM'd deafheaven and sunn o))) - you're not autistic, you're an entry level hipster. You might not be able to see the forest for the trees, but you're actually more normal for liking this album.

Oh god this is the life I currently live. I try pretty hard not to be pretentious about music to my friends but all they do is swear by whichever song is big at the moment on the radio or listen to pop hits from the mid 2000s. If I were to try and bring up even the most basic albums that would be considered toe-in-the-water on Sup Forums such as Demon Days or OK Computer they wouldn't give it a chance. I just want to relate more to the people I hang out with...

go to small shows and talk to people

Huh,when i was in high school Gorillaz was one of the first acts i liked that my friends actually fucked with.

just realize that unless you're a trained musician the only thing separating you from them is your purely subjective taste that you've picked up from artistic virtue signalling autists obsessed with the history of rock on a macadamian fishing forum. accept that your taste isn't as authentic and integral to your identity as you've told yourself and you'll stop resenting "normies" so much. accept that you aren't superior to them in any significant way for appreciating swans or whatever. especially when you've only been listening to them for like a month and a half and you'll probably forget about them in favor of some new Sup Forumscore by the new year.

The real red pill is Ride. The greatest shoegazerz

You can want to have friends you share a taste with,without looking down on others though.

Yeah that's true. Learn to pitch and sell music to normies then. You have to make it seem sophisticated and weird but not lame, like an art film or something like that. Make them want the experience of hearing it, whether or not they think they'll like it. It's all about exposure and enthusiasm. It helps if you're cooler than the people you're introducing music to, nobody wants to go listen to the velvet underground with the greasy loser of the gang.

Just be tolerant to every music genre. You don't have to like what you're friends like, but at least don't judge them based on what they listern to and don't force a change. At the end of the day, music isn't really that important. Ideas and views are, and they are the things that form friendships.

Oh I'm not him, my taste is broad enough that i generally can find common ground with people on music, but i do understand his impulse because i have made good friends talking about everything from hip hop to pop punk with people

Would love to but unfortunately I live in a small town in a small country so there aren't any small shows going on anywhere near me.

Thanks for the guesswork on my life but it wasn't very accurate. I do think I define myself through music but only in the fact that it is my main hobby and the thing I spend most of my waking time doing. I also am not overly critical of what they listen to nor do I think they should like everything I say is good. I would just like them to at least want to hear new things without it being forcefed to them by the radio. I would love it if they could make recommendations to me that I haven't already heard being over-played constantly. At the very least I would like them to listen to albums instead of singles.

this

it's pretty easy desu. if you know what they like, play something similar and move step by step further away. people don't just jump into swans after 4 years of playing the same disclosure song (not saying swans is that 'deep,' just aesthetically different.)

nice