Whats up fuckers. I bought some alcohol to keep at my desk...

Whats up fuckers. I bought some alcohol to keep at my desk, so that I can have a bar at it and offer people drinks whenever they come over. Just made myself a martini, and fuck this tastes like rubbing alcohol. How do I drink this thing?

Get drunk and it goes down easier, you don't even taste it

Mix your cocktails correctly or use less booze until you enjoy the taste?

Man that picture looks so cozy.

The fuck you talking about? All that's in this damn thing is gin and vermouth. What the hell else am i supposed to mix in it?

Didn't know if you went too heavy on the gin. Don't drink martini's if you don't like the taste of booze. Or make them dirty to take away some of the alcohol flavor

Buy better Gin?

My girlfriends dad drinks Martin Miller and as someone who personally fucking hates gin I love that shit.

Explain for me? I do also have olives and olive juice in it.

that is one comfy lookin pic

You put too much of a high proof alcohol in it, or you added too much alcohol in to it period.

The olive juice is what makes it "dirty." If that didnt do it for you, I'd suggest cocktails with mixers until you develop a taste for booze

Or eat while you drink till you get a buzz going. If you want to be fancy, smoked meats, cheeses, bread, or olives pair well wit ha martini. If you're alone, a bite of a peanut butter sandwich will kill almost all alcohol taste in your mouth

To be more specific, I used 2.5oz of gin, and .5oz of vermouth

You went way too hard on the gin. It should be a 2:1 mix of gin to vermouth, from what i was always taught. Martini's are a rough cocktail unless you actually like the taste

Was following a recipe online, but I will try this next. Are fruits/lemons good to garnish it with?

Short answer, you don’t drink it...

>my alcohol tastes like alcohol
>how do drink?

try again when you're older maybe?

to be fair, i am only 20

Not with a gin martini. Vodka maybe? I've never tried that. You'd want to try bitters with gin. Experiment around.

Martinis aren't for everyone. It looks cool and James Bond drinks them so they're popular, but as a starter cocktail it's pretty harsh. Consider a Gin Hound instead: 2 parts gin, 1 part vermouth; shake with ice, top off with grapefruit juice.

Yowza

When i was 20 i was drinking screwdrivers and whatever i could get mixed with soda. It took me till i was 25 to actually start developing a taste. You jumped into the deep end with martinis boi. You dun goofed.

This is so not true. The standing advice on the amount of vermouth in a dry martini is a Winston Churchill quote, which is you should glance briefly in the direction of Italy. A drop in the glass, swirled around then poured out, or a drop more if you want it a little wet. The martini stopped having more than a tiny amount of vermouth in like the 50s, so idk where you learned you're drink mixing but I'd send that shit back.

Real dry, 3 olives and shake it real good, that's a perfect martini. If you don't like it, it's cuz gin is real acquired and most people hate it. You mite just be too much of a puss for a gin martini op

With a vodka martini, lemon can work. You don't want to put a lemon wedge in there or anything, just lemon zest (peel a lemon, take the rind and rub it around the lip of the glass, then drop it in)

Also, tanqueray is pretty much the lowest quality option for a martini to be good. Shitty gin makes a shitty martini.

A garnish of lime could be acceptable for a little juice to mellow it, but don't quit the olives. The martini Olive is really the best part of the drink so if you don't like gin or olives, choose another drink lul

Checked.There's different ways to make the same drink you turd. But keep referencing old ass mixing recopies. Probably works well with the fedora you rock.

Fer real gins real acquired, and a vodka martini is a fancy glass filled with vodka kek

I like gin and tonic though? Is that a deep end drink too?

You do know that a 2:1 recipe is ancient, a drink from the 30s that fell out of style in the 50s almost completely, and the MODERN way of making a martini is almost no vermouth.

So... how about you learn the way a drink is expected to be made before thinking that's an old fashioned way to make it.

Hell a gin martini itself is old fashioned, cuz fags like you drink peach sangrias lul

Naw gin an tonic is like a vodka cranberry but less gay to order cuz it's not pink. It's usually sprite instead of just soda water, and is real easy to drink way to many of em lol

Are you actually autistic?

aw shut the fuck up why dont ya. not op, but jesus christ what a try-hard.

Also, here's a picture of my glass. It was about half way full, I can't finish this thing though.

No, they're fine. I still drink vodka tonics all the time. Honestly it doesn't really matter, you're just drinking a cocktail thats all alcohol, instad of booze and a mixer. Drink what you like and the rest will come ina few years. If you want to keep a home bar, good starters are vodka, whisky, rum, and a silver tequila. 2 darks and 2 clears. Add gin as a 5th if you'd like. Then keep a few types of mixers in the fridge and you'll be set for 99% of people you'll meet.

No, but it's a solid one. Gin and tonic garnished with lime (or gin and soda, if you don't want to fuck with tonic, which dehydrates you further and has hell of calories). Vodka soda with lemon is good, too.

Or maybe gin just isn't your thing and you'd have better luck with bourbon or scotch. Ultimately, though, all alcohol is sort of an acquired taste and it'll take some time.

Drinking out of that type of glass is going to suck too. Because its so deep, its hard to take sips and you'll get a huge whiff of the alcohol through the nose. Try an actual martini glass and see if it makes a difference

Listen to this guy.

PS Seagrams 7 is a swell utility whiskey. Fine for mixing, cheap, surprisingly easy to drink straight.

Next up is a gin and tonic with some lemon and lime. Should I add ice?

Yes. Ice is usually good. Start with the tonic first and add small pours and mix till you like the taste

this

shitty gin == shitty martini a martini is 100% spirits, you're not masking flavors with anything.

Now this is so much better. Added a generous amount of lemon and lime juice. Should've kept the wedges and put them in the drink as well.

There ya go boi. You can go to bars and ask for "gin and tonics with a splash of lime" and get that exact shit. Everyone needs a go-to drink. I'm out though homie, good luck on your boozy adventures

yikes

Thanks bud, my adventures are just beginning

Seriously. I thought this was going to be a comfy thread before reading OP.

thats the friggin point u dimn

No bitters?

I did not use bitters. Looking back, I shouldve bought some orange bitters.

Alright, next topic. I've got a big ass bottle of dry Vermouth. Can I drink this shit by itself? Is it disgusting? What do I do with this thing? It expires.