Holy shit guys, this is way better than Doolittle

Holy shit guys, this is way better than Doolittle

Of course it is

Haha hello me aged 16, good observation you made!!!

Nice one you fucking dunce, everyone knows rosa is the superior album

Go to bed Albini

This album is great, but Doolittle is one of the best albums of that decade. I might even go so far as to put Bossanova above it, but maybe not quite.

Doolittle is amazing but I still couldn't help be a bit disappointed after having heard Surfer Rosa first.

this didn't need to be a thread we knew this already

Truth.

Why not both?

No. Doolittle is superior in songwriting, complexity, production, variety, musicianship. Doolittle is more consistent and has no bad tracks. Surfer Rosa has at least two. Surfer Rosa sounds like each member was recorded separately in a closet, and then mixed together on someone's home computer. Wait, that's exactly what they did? Bravo Albini.
Doolittle sounds like a band at their absolute creative peak playing together as a nuanced, multi-faced unit. The push and pull between Frank and Kim is palpable. The fucking guitar sounds are next level. The drums actually have some depth. It is the best pixies album and as this user and his dubs confirm, its easily top 10 for the decade.

This and This.

Do you have another opinion?

preach

Yes, Trompe Le Monde is better then Bossa Nova

anybody who arbitrarily ties musical taste to age is an underage user, guaranteed. such a childish habit. get perspective.

i prefer doolittle by a large margin

>no bad tracks
>Silver

Surfer Rosa is a 10/10
Doolittle can't be a 10/10 only because it has Silver on it

Bossanova > Sufer Rosa > Trompe le Monde > Doolittle

>hating Silver

Listen harder

this except for the drums, the drums on doolittle have more of that shitty 80s reverbed production on them on some tracks, while all of surfer rosa has those crisp ass heavy albini drums

steve albini is a pretentious wanker

>audiophile expresses an opinion on music