It's 1971 and your teenage daughter comes home from the record store holding this cover. what do you do?

It's 1971 and your teenage daughter comes home from the record store holding this cover. what do you do?

be glad it's not negro music

Beatles > Who > Kinks > Zombies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stones

>daughter
Well, that explains it.

Smack her on the face and give her a Perry Como album or some other such real music.

It's literally negro music transmuted into cracker music

what happens when she puts the needle down and you realize it's actually negro music repackaged by some sleazy brits?

>has actual zipper
the madmen.

Right, so teenage daughter living with her parents, she ought to be somewhere between 13 and 17, most of the time. This means that she was born in '54-'58. Assuming I was in my mid-20's when she was born, I was born during the Great Depression. This puts me on the Silent Generation.

Eh, I don't think I'll see it as much as a big deal as most people would, I'm assuming that I recieved a similar upbringing as I did today, which would put me as a possible beatnik. Yeah, wouldn't care about it too much.

I'd ask her why she didn't just borrow my copy.

Tell her that shitty rock music is not welcomed into our household and that she better choose to lust after good looking dudes instead of fugly mongoloids like Mick Jagger and Co.

nice taste, daughter. You wanna go to a stones concert?
How about marrying Keith Richards or Mick Jagger?

my thoughts

I agree that the Stones suck, but Sticky Fingers is their 1 good record.

Exile on Main St you FUCK

Ask her why is she listening to homosexual music and buy her Vanishing Vision by X instead.

Wrong and wrong, pic related.

Dude...beatniks were a tiny subculture in NYC. The vast majority of average working class Joes of that generation didn't listen to anything more challenging than Andy Williams.

You do realize this is bait?

>Stones suck
>Wrong
You might be the Reddit one here friendo.

Dude, I'm from NYC. I'm assuming I recieved a similar upbringing (my family is very much a family that is very, very interested in the arts, and I definitely fall into upper middle class). I agree this is a corner case that is a lot more personal than others, but hey, it asked what would happen given me as a father in 1971 so I took a few assumptions.

Is it accurate? Probably not, but it's definitely not impossible.

Damn druggy filth music. Whatever happened to nice singers like Doris Day?

Put it on the record player and commence our daily "father-daughter bonding" ritual.

are you stupid?

>no you
You can't even explain why they suck - thank you. Everything from Between the Buttons to Exile is great.

My mom was 17 in 1971. I think my grandparents were into polka and old shitty country music or something.

Ask her why she didn't buy The Yes Album instead.

>"Dad, are you a nerd or something?"

That's ok, they had Wild Horses for your Aunt Rosie to listen to.

Kill yourself

My mother brought home Beggar's Banquet when she was a teenager, and my grandfather threw it in the bin.

Beatles and Kinks never made a coherent album. The Who is proto-cockrock garbage. The Zombies were a fluke band. The Stones were in a league of their own in the 70's.

*unzips dick*

>Village Green
>Something Else
>Arthur
>Abbey Road
>Sgt. Pepper's
>Revolver
>...Sell Out
>Tommy
>Who's Next
>Quadrophenia

>I knew you were a faggot son

How do you justify opinions this bad to yourself? The Stones had 2 great records at the start of the 70s and then it was fucking over for them

WHEN YOURE SITTING BACK
IN YOUR ROSE PINK CADILLAC

>"mine's bigger"

What is Let it Bleed?

>The Who
>Cockrock
Wtf, they're the least cockrock band of all time

They're a pop art band. Basically, if they were far less popular then and sponsored by a big name artist we'd probably see them like we see TVU now, perhaps even better.

This is one of the stupidest thing I've seen posted on mu.

lel

>It's 1971

>The Beatles
more innovative and higher highs, but couldn't make a cosistant, tight record to save their lives. Even their absolutely best albums are a bit of a mess. Only band here that could be called better than The Stones. Even then, they never made anything better or up to par with Exile
>The Who
Bland. Boring. Weak.
Lumped in with other fantastic bands constantly for god knows what reason, the single most overrated classic rock band
>Kinks
literally 1, maybe 2 good records. Have stood the test of time the worst out of all these bands
>Zombies
Are you kidding me? They have one good psychedelic pop album and that's it. They're a one hit wonder

The Rolling Stones had an incredible, consisten album run (granted, everything's shit after Some Girls). Look at the Beatles' white album and compare it to pic related, their attempt at making a double album is a bloated mess with a couple of great tracks. The Stones dominated rock, blues, and country.
correct

Tell her to play it. I love The Rolling Stones.

i just want to clarify im laughing at that bait, its truly a piece of art. i love the rolling stones.

Have anal sex with her

Yeah you just don't get it on a fundamental level. The first minute of Baba O'Reilly is better than anything by the Stones or the Beatles.

The Who literally influenced an predicted everything that went wrong with rock music in the 80's

so whos dick bulge was it?

This is the stupidest post I've seen on Sup Forums for several years.

Who Are You single handedly killed disco and united prog and punk fans alike to put an end to shitty dance music.
Who does he think he's impressing by saying that the Beatles couldn't make tight records?

>A Day in The Life
>I Want You
>While My Guitar Gently Weeps
>Strawberry Fields
>Midnight Rambler
>Gimme Shelter
>Can't You Hear Me Knocking
>Wild Horses
>Tumbling Dice
nah nigga

disco>>>>>prog

It's crazy to think that cover was too edgy for 1968.

andy warhol's

Woah, is that an Andy Warhol cover?
I've got another album with a Warhol cover you can listen to, it's even better
She'd have much more luck with Wyman

Ignore her and listen to Comus.

Why did Warhol like dicks so much?

One always wants what he can't have.

>Beatles never made a coherent album.
what is everything up to Rubber Soul

>The Beatles
The epitome of rock music. Paul McCartney by himself is better than every other musician in all of these bands combined.
>The Who
Almost the epitome of rock, except that instead of functioning as a unit like the Beatles, each member seems to be trying to out do the other 3 members. Easily the most technically skilled of these bands as a whole.
>The Kinks
Very solid band. The Davies brothers are really only outdone by Lennon/McCartney. Too bad their albums were very inconsistent.
>The Zombies
Probably the best straight up psychedelic rock band of the 60s. Not as many gems as the Kinks, but Odessey and Oracle is better than most British Invasion albums.

>The Rolling Stones
The only redeeming thing about them is that they became a decrepit, boring dinosaur rock band so that we got "This Is Spinal Tap" to parody all the worst parts of Rock Music as a movement.

Spinal Tap made better music too.