Sup Forums

Sup Forums
your take on moral dilemmas is always at least amusing if not insightful (and there are usually a couple insightful posts in even the shittiest of threads), so here is my scenario.

I am the only successful member of my family. Not bragging, actually ashamed of this. My sister, who is a junkie pill head piece of shit and who I have not seen in 10 years, has contacted me begging for money claiming her child (who I didn't even know exists) is ill or some such shit and she can't make rent and needs a new car.
I hate her fucking guts and it's a real setback for humanity that she's reproduced, but what do I do?
I didn't work my ass off for 6 years at 2 (sometimes 3) jobs to get through graduate school just so fucking losers could mooch. I'm not selfish either. I donated a few grand to a cat shelter last week because I do have a soul (but it just seems to care more about animals than humans).
Part of me thinks she should go fuck herself because she deserves every ounce of misery and every sleepless night after all the hell she put all of us through for so many years.
Part of me thinks I'd be punishing her stupid fucking crack baby or whatever for her indiscretions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zb0zZfm8sHs
youtu.be/ByC8sRdL-Ro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not your problem.

Don't get suckered.

>it's a real setback for humanity that she's reproduced

OP is an autistic faggot and answers his own questions.

Thank you. That's what I thought. If they get evicted or her fucking kid dies, that isn't a result of my own poor decisions, so it shouldn't be my responsibility. Still, many seem to think I'm obligated to help simply because we have the same parents and because I can afford to.

Not you're problem OP.

Giving money to an addict is always a stupid idea. Don't delude yourself into thinking she'll use it exclusively for milk and diapers.

I figured that too.
My mom cut her off after seven years of paying her rent because she found out my sister was lying about the rent $ shortages to angle money for oxy. Thank you for your input, Sup Forumsro.

this is the only Sup Forums thread i've ever seen where there was total agreement. and i only got called a faggot one time.
you guys are fucking awesome.
thank you.
please accept this pic of a chick with three boobs as a token of my gratitude

and forgive the meme center logo, as i am a mobilefag right now.

Dont listen to this illiterate cunt.

Op, pretty oldfag here.
Let me just tell you this. Your sister maybe a pillcunt coming out from the blue only because she needs your help, but, no matter what's your opinion about her, she's still your sister.
I'm not saying you should give away your money without even thinking, what I'm saying is that family should be family no matter what's in the past between them.
If her son is really ill you should help her out, not for her sake for sure, but because it's your nephew who really needs help.
You never know what is coming for you in the future, and despite what you see today your nephew will probably understand you helped his ass in the time of need. In the future, this could be good for you in a lot of ways.

If I learned something about life after these 31 years is that friends are bond to be lost in the end, but family is meant to stay forever, and by forever I mean until your family members actually die. When hard times come, family is the only thing you could look up to.

Talk to your sister. Get info on her son and about the illness he's facing. Help the young lad, use your help as a leverage on your sister telling her you're cutting money off if she keeps behaving like a crackwhore. Even junkies love their sons, you could actually turn things in the right verse now that you have the chance.

Nope. Don't give her anything. You're not obligated to help her just because you're "family."

You've no proof of this childs existence. It sounds like whoever she's been spreading her legs for money has had enough of her shit and you're the new cashcow in town.
Sorry I have no respect for junkies and i dont know this bitch.

consider it like family members that come out of the woodwork if you were to win the lottery.
did you help them before on an at least semi-regular basis? did they help you? did you spend quality time with them? did they get you something thoughtful for your birthday in the last 5 years? or christmas?
then they don't need you now that you're well off.

>pretty oldfag
do you mean you're an attractive elderly homosexual?

gramps, your beliefs are ancient. maybe you're just projecting your own fears of growing old and not having your family help you out, instead chucking you into some nursing home.

seriously, family should be family no matter what's in the past between them? If she's facing some rough patches through no fault of her own and/or if she helped op out back then, I wouldn't mind helping. But she fucked herself over with her own choices.

>bu-but user, drugs are bad and environment and not her fault
Fuck that shit. As other people have said, you don't even know if op's nephew/niece exists. And even if it does and op somehow wants to help for the youngling's sake, the only way he can be sure the money will go to its care is if he takes over care himself. And that's dumb and pointless.

Don't be blinded by oldschool morality bullshit. the only difference between some stranger on the street and "family" is you share some sort of parentage. So what?

Not your problem OP, but if her kid is sick then you should help. Not because of family or anything like that but solely because the kid needs help and he hasnt done anything wrong. A little empathy towards the kid could go a long way. Imagine if he becomes something important, he'll be forever in your debt.

In saying that though, make sure it is actually for the kid and that she spends every cent on him. Dont just give the cunt money, go with them to the doctor and to buy the medicine

First off, I want to clarify that I myself still enjoy doing drugs (mj, sometimes I snort as well) from time to time, but in any way this makes me feel compassionate about a junkie lady who should not been messing with her life bringing a kid to the world while having this condition going. If you read my previous reply properly you'll understand it's for the ill child I'm speaking: nobody deserves a junkie mother. If he cannot have a proper parental figure on his side now that the damage has been done, he might as well get luckier with the uncle.

About my oldschool morality bullshit: I've been ill when I was a kid as well. I fully understand the point OP and the other regular /b lurkers are making, but I beg to differ. It's a kid we're talking about. If OP doesnt feel like laying a helpful hand on his own flesh and blood because he doesnt feel like family it's important to him, he should at least let social services (if they even exist in america that I dont even know honestly) what situation is going on.

What I meant is simply that family overcomes friendship or relationship from my personal point of wiew. I've been blessed with good father and mother, I love my sister to the bones and I know what kind of important slice of life OP is been deprived of by his own fate. Despite the angry feelings about it, nobody can be sure this is not the right chance to achieve an improvement in his life.

But I also understand the immediate feel of revenge towards something that made him suffer can be prefered to a commitment that could only bring benefits impossible to see in the present time. I'm sorry if I cannot properly make you understand that, english is not even my mother tongue.

I guess it's also true I feel parental blood is one of the most important bonds I ever personally felt in my life, and it's true I would never help somebody with actual effort and partecipation if that same person is not one of my pack members.

If you really have some nagging discomfort about denying your sister money, and you have enough to spare for this setup, I suggest this:

>Hire lawyer
>Write up contract stating that the lawyer will hold a set amount of money in escrow contingent on passing a drug test each time she comes to collect
>Only give enough to help with rent, fuck buying her a car and I've been in the healthcare business long enough to know that crack babies and their hep-c infested mothers get free rides at hospitals

You could stipulate that the tests have to be done at a certain clinic where it is easy to verify whether the test is legitimate or not. THC tests are relatively easy to beat, but long term oxy usage isn't.

Oh, also
>Random wellness checks from the local sheriff or PD

Fish plus rod.

You just answered your own question OP.

Don't you dare give a cent to them.
Instead, ask her how much she needs, and donate that amount to something worthwhile.

Ok user I didnt read the other posts because theyre all wrong. Unless they posted what I did, then they just copied my idea.

If your sister is as you say, a junkie pillhead, then any money you give her is facilitating her habit and probably won't benefit any child she may or may not have. Even if it does help her temporarily, youre upping your odds significantly of a repeat request in the near future and teaching her she doesn't need to be responsible because other people will inevitably bail her out. Even if you paid her rent and bought her a car what do you think the chances are that shell have the car in 6 months and not have sold it for drugs or had some shitty random boyfriend wreck it or something.

I have a pretty well off family. My uncle pays for everything for my cousins. My mom is not as rich but raised me well. I moved out young and had a kid young. I worked my ass off to put myself through college while working and taking care of my family. My wife did too. Now we make good money for ourselves and everyone that had everything given to them just sits around waiting for their parents to die. Life requires hard knocks to test your mettle, without them you dont appreciate the things you have and don't know how to do shit for yourself. Not everyone passes the test, and those genes shouldn't breed.

Also, if youre adopting random kids you should pick one from a nice hard working blue collar family and not a junkie. Makes no difference you happen to share some genes.

Also OP is a faggot.

>oldfag here
>31 years
Are you fucking for real? Youre a goddamn child. I have older ear hair than you.

Yeah. I can't really imagine she's being truthful about that part, but it was part of her story. Like i said in my OP, I wouldn't wanna punish the kid just to spite her, but part of me wonders why she thinks it's acceptable to turn to me after the decades of horrible shit.

Family should be like that, but not everyone's is.
I would be far wealthier writing one of those sob books about how insanely fucked up and abusive my family is, but then I'd have to become an hero once all that humiliation and shame became public. I'd pay for whatever medical bills I could for her kid, but I'm sure she probably sold her last car to buy more pills.

I buried my best friend last year and the only good family member I had, my uncle, last week -- almost one year to the day of losing my friend.
The only other person I counted as a friend killed himself after coming back from Afghanistan.
Point is, I know loss. Those were solid humans. She's a fucking parasite who has been dead to me for more than a decade. Forgot to mention that she's married, but "baby daddy be up in prison right now."
I confirmed that much by searching the state's dept of corrections site.
So I'd be assisting the spawn of a criminal piece of shit and a junkie.
I'll bet paying for college for 3 or 4 kids would be better for the world than preserving that one kid who's being reared by absolute trash.

Nah man, I get it. I don't care either if you do drugs. I'd do drugs too but for some reason I'm always looking down the barrel of an impending blood test. Fucking jobs and random tests.

I may have sounded overly harsh. Sure, if the kid exists then op can help him if he so felt like it. But I still maintain that op doesn't own them anything and if wants to help, it'll be because he wants to, not because he's obligated.

>immediate feel of revenge
op towards his sister? for what? she doesn't seem to have done anything to him, he's just ashamed because she's somewhat like human garbage personified. You're trying to say that helping out the kid is a good thing to do, the right thing to do, and also because it might help out in the future.

But nothing comes free - op even said he's had to work 2-3 jobs at a time just so he could be where he's at now. You've not just been blessed with a great family, you're also biased because of said great family. You lean toward empathy and wanting to help (the kid, at least) because of your own positive experience with your own family.

But that's just you.

If op really wanted to help, do something like this: tho I doubt op is balling enough to go through with lawyers and shit, not to mention paying for clinic fees and all that (like the sister will pay for that herself).

Amusingly enough, my gf is of the persuasion that if you want to help, it should be purely to help without strings attached. So that's where we differ.

Besides, if she was legit serious about needing help for her kid, she'd only mention her kid and nothing else.
>rent
>car
kthxbye

lol the only hard knocks that count are yours?

fuck you

be practical, but help your family.

unless i guess theyre all utter shits

Thanks for the suggestions. The discomfort comes more at the thought her kid might suffer. She can eat shit and die for all I care.
I will look into this tomorrow.
Even if I decide against it, it shows that I considered it and spoke with professionals, weighed options, etc.

I'm sorry for your repeated encounters with crack babies and junkie mothers and wish you good fortune in the future.

>my first time... when see a glitch

I'm all for the idea of only giving money if you get something in return. I remember a thread a few months ago by a heroin dealing user who got his sister addicted and started supplying her in exchange for nudes and sexual favors and it was pretty hot.

if you REALLY wanted to, you can take custody of the kid, lol. not sure if you're prepared to "help" that far tho.

Hm, so you think the majority of lurkers off /b are >30? You don't seem to know much despite being old.

90% of the replies on /b are from 20 bois. For the average of /b lurkers, >30 IS old.

If she were rational, for sure, but she's a junkie.
I don't know what to think about most of what i heard. It was sad and funny at the same time too, which just caused further confusion.

Make that bitch earn it, if that kid suffers cos of her shit, then she deserves everything she gets.

Well if it was my kid and i was desperate id contact every motherfucker ive ever met for help. Take the kid to a doctor or get her to take him if you cant and give you the proof and whats wrong. Then buy the scripts and send em to her. It really doesnt sound like you owe her and having the same parents means very little in reality

Please quote where I said that you goddamn nigger faggot.

All knocks count. People need to experience them and get over them on their own or they become lazy POS fucks like you that cant even fucking read a few sentences.

Please kill yourself before you breed.

Sincerely,
The world.

I know dozens of people who use Sup Forums (esp Sup Forums) Their ages range from 29 to 56 or 57 (I forget my workbro's exact age) and they're all functional adults -- some with very respectable professions.

This is a place parents come to fret over their children. "Jesus fuck! Is my kid doing/posting/thinking THAT?"
Wincest threads are always a groaner.

Don't user!
You give her one dollar and she will be like glue, she does not care about you, she come back after ten years, and what dos she want? money?
fuck her.

Been in situations like this before. You'll never get the money back. If you're okay with that, go ahead and give it to her, but understand she's probably gonna spend it on drugs.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have given anyone in my family shit.

your sis looks hot. i would help her out any time of the week

Sometimes I get to thinking that I'm the most misanthropic motherfucker around, then I read one of this guy's posts and smile.

>her kid might suffer.
You mean the kid carrying the genes of the junkie mother? No loss.

It's understandable you worry about the kid. I got my start in a children's hospital so I get it. If a situation like what I suggest gets her clean it would be better for the kid than anything else short of adopting him. At the very least I would call over to the nearest LEO, strike up a rapport with them, and throw a wellness check her way every once and a while.

Regarding on clinic fees, drug tests might be offered free, or you could set up something where you get billed for them. If you have insurance it might be a write-off but I think there's some tricky legal mumbo jumbo where you'd have to prove dependency. Regardless, offering money for getting clean is the best you can do.

And it's cool, I work in the OR so my main concern is making sure I'm extra careful around their poison blood.

This. Unless you can somehow guarantee that the money will be used productively, you’re going to get scammed. If the kid is real, they might get 10% of any money while the rest is lost to addiction.

/thread

Yeah.
I already figured I'd get her to sign a contract and have it notarized, but you can't bleed a stone, so I aborted that plan.

You cannot be sure the kid will end up to be a junkie only because her mother is. I mean, it's sure as hell that's what probably is going to happen, but you cannot be sure. What if OP helps make things right and the guy ends up to grow as an ok person? What value would have been lost if OP doesnt, potentially?

Helping somebody without strings attached is sure noble, but your gf should know better than that. If family bonds exist in the first place, that's the reason why they do. Being good is ok, but there must be a reason behind every action. If anythig then OP may just as well throw some money to a random orphanage shelter like some other user suggested, no strings attached, and some good would spawn from that as well. But here, it's about his nephew. It's his call to do something about a close family member or to be remembered as the greedy old uncle who didnt give a fuck about a kid being ill. The kid has no fault about his mother being that way. I respect all of your points, but I still think that being a child we're talking about the closer parent able to do something, in the end, despite everything, should def do it. No car, no help for drugs. Just help with the illness.

First off, make sure she actually has a kid. Meet the poor fucker. Then give her a loan and make her pay it off with physical work like cleaning or errands. Use it as an opportunity to help her to get her shit together. Maybe make her go to rehab or some shit.

Hey OP, former oxy addict here. Giving her money will not help her at all. Tell her to take some fucking ibogaine and sober up if you decide you give a shit. Otherwise just expect her to be dead or in jail soon. It's a helluva drug.

kek.
Sorta what I was thinking.
andnothingofvaluewaslostthatday.jpg

Relative age is not the same thing as actual age. a 5th grader is old compared to a 1st grader but if they called themselves oldfags I would still wash their mouth out with soap and tell them theyre too young to talk like that.

I guess being 31 gives you unique experience on life though, having experienced 10 years of it huh mr millenial?

Thank you for the additional info! I really appreciate. That goes for all the anons who took time to kick in responses too.
Even with the subject matter, this has remained a really civil thread.
Thank you.

>newfag detected

>You cannot be sure the kid will end up to be a junkie only because her mother is
True, but you also cannot be sure that OP donating to mom doesnt allow her to feed her habit and eventually have the kid stealing drugs from mom who shes emulating. Or OD on said drugs.

This. I have seen firsthand several drug addicts that maintain their habits through manipulation of friends and family. Some of those people are now dead. I can't say the same wouldn't have happened either way, but the family feeding an addict money is doing the opposite of helping them.

Thanks Dr. Phil

This is a clever boi.

The idea that I'd be seen as the greedy old uncle is enough cause alone to say "fuck it." The idea that my hard work and years of figuratively and literally shoveling shit somehow entitles them to anything disgusts me far more than the thought of her or a nephew I didn't even know buying the moisture farm.
The folks and animals at the shelters I volunteer at and donate to know who I am and where my heart's at. If some junkie wants to shit post about me on facebook, meh.

Thanks for the idea.
I've been expecting a call that she's dead for about 10 years now...give or take a year.

NEVER. TRUST. A JUNKIE.

FULL FUCKING STOP.

Give her just one chance. Maybe for the kid, maybe for her or just for yourself. But just one an only one chance

>meet the poor fucker
OP here.
Fucking lol'd.
Thank you for the laugh and for the suggestion.
I don't live there, but know a dude who does. Good idea.

I always think of my sister when "Just One Fix" my Ministry comes on in my car. Used to like that song, too. Fuck.

It certainly turned my life around. 3 years sober now. All I can say is that shit worked for me and literally every other junky I have recommended it to (and it's pretty easy to get online).
The hard part is the first few weeks afterwards. You have to decide if it's worth your time to be there for her, or if you just wanna let her croak..I don't know enough about you or where you are at but it's an emotionally laborious process.

This
Regardless of the situation, family deserves one chance bro. Worst case it doesn’t work out and your out a little bit of money. Even on the off chance that little bit of money/help will completely turn their life around.
At least that way if something did happen, you’ll at least know you tried to help...even if their helpless.

if u are ascared of future of her bby call child right guys or police in a proper time but noone will guarantee you in child care it will have better childhood.

dude, its an illness, all of it, addiction changes your behavior,attitude and sense of morality
the disease does this to the brain.
if she wants help ,help if you cannot then do not.
but don,t blame her for something there is no control over.

Aw, stop faking the bully part, you're not even good at that.
Bet a good bunch of money that the moment you fully grasp the difference your decision could make in this little kid's life (if the help is truly needed and his mother is not just trying to snitch money from you) you would not even think about it twice.

Even if you never felt something close to compassion in your life before, the simple idea of being truly useful for somebody else than yourself is one of the greatest feels you could ever feel in your existance and it's one of the reason why, after a serious investigation on the issue, you will not even think twice about that.

It's a goddamn kid. Just stop acting like the standard american turd, just posting this thread in the first place shows you're softer than YOU thought.

Dude, this would be like her fiftieth chance.
I tried being that "blood is thicker than water" type of guy, but that shit only ever brought me poverty, misery, and crippling depression.
This really feels like a godlike moment; provided what she's said is true. I don't wanna just make this decision without consulting others, so I consulted the internet.
If things go completely tits up, then I'll be downplaying the fact that consulted this exact url on the internet. ; )

Real talk bro, can I see a picture of your cock? It will aid in the advice I will impart on you.

No faking here.
The idea that I somehow "owe" anyone anything is ridiculous.
I look out for myself just enough to live. I drive a fucking 2001 saturn ffs. My donation to the cat shelter probably surpassed the net worth of my physical assets if you exclude my home.

As for "standard american turd" where did you get that from? Did you even read the thread? I obviously give a fuck, but the trustworthiness of a junkie and the unverified claims about a kid and an illness are most of the reason I posted this thread (the rest of it is like I said in another post: i don't think godlike decisions should be made individually. i consulted the village elders....and juniors apparently. not a knock at you personally, but i noticed a minor squabble over age broke out)

OP. Fucking lost again.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of my junk to show you, but have this pic.
Add a lot of blood and empty vodka bottles and replace the black dude with a mexican and the house with a trailer and you're most of the way to my own family.

>donated a few thousand to cat shelter

>doesn’t want to give sister anything??

Fucking kys your going to hell

Hell no. Haha. Don't need the psychological and financial burden of a crack baby; let alone the potential future legal liabilities when it gets wet or eats after midnight and starts ripping off my neighbors for smack money. :/

Dude, just personally check if your sister is lying or not. Nobody's saying your forced to do anything, even because it would be stupid to think this in any case.

Besides, it's not only money you could provide given the fact the kid is truly ill.
Even if you don't share a penny I think you could be the good guy like, showing yourself at the hospital or paying a visit to the kid, even just to introduce yourself to the little fella and make him aware he's got an uncle.
I know family stuff can be fucked up, but I keep seeing things positively. What I'm trying to do is simply an effort to distribute this positive attitude towards a bad situation to you.

First things first, btw: make sure your junkie sis is not trying anything funny.

Lol.
I've given her plenty and she's fucked it up every time.
The cats haven't stolen money from me or had their junkie friends rip off my office.
You can go fuck yourself right alongside her.

It's like a 14 hour drive, not around the block. And the nearest airport is like 5 hrs away from them.
I appreciate your advice and I'm definitely skeptical of her after this many years and this many scams.
If there's really a kid and he's really sick, I'll figure out how the fuck to pay for it since she obviously couldn't be bothered to, but what happens the next time.
Light a man a fire, they're warm for the night.
Light a man afire, they're warm for the rest of their life.

I hope you have a wealthy sibling someday and I hope it just chews your ass to pieces when they're vacationing in Disneyland and you're jerking off hobos for pocket change at the bus station.
Cunt.

If she is a junkie, every thing you offer her will be wasted. The child is already going to suffer.

If the sister can't make rent, maybe the child will get taken to protective custody.

you see, doing nothing is doing everything.

Have a nice day.

Junkies can make good of things till they "hit bottom" and start taking personal responsibility for thier shit.

Calling you and begging is NOT taking personal responsibility, so it is TOO SOON to offer her any help.

You need to be a friend to the healthy person she may become, and not an enabler of the wreck that she is.... the wreck will not suddenly become healthy... the wreck that gets within spitting distance of death MAY turn her life around and seek treatment.

Simply said, if she isn't in treatment, she doesn't get shit. If she is in treatment, she doesn't get shit. If she completes treatment successfully, the community around treatment will take care of her based on the trust she earned..

In NO CASE must you or should you "help her out".

fuck off nigger,help her once then she will come begging again
No good deed goes unpunished

youtu.be/Zb0zZfm8sHs

Try to give her a rod, not a fish.
Absolutelly no fish.

youtu.be/ByC8sRdL-Ro