Black Mirror

What is moral of story "Playtest"? Don't play video games or what? There is no proof that technology they tried on him was deadly dangerous. If he didn't turn on his phone he could have finish the test without problem and live. Or did I miss something?

Call your mother and tell her you love her?

if you joke and fuck around as a white male you will die

One thing I didn't get - Did the black woman do it on purpose? That girl he fucked wanted him to take pictures, and he did. The woman comes back in and says "I could've sworn I told you to turn your phone off," then she checks the phone and gives the main character a kind of angry look. She acts like she's switching the phone off, but then in the end, the phone is still on, and the main character's brain is fried.

so was she punishing him for stealing company secrets?

Maybe yes, but that's just isn't Black Mirror as I know it. Every episode is about threat of technology and future, not relationship problems.

What was the point of White Bear? Reddit's favorite episode also completely lacking a point. Season 3 in general was dog shit

There was no moral, it was just a stupid episode.

It was a sub par episode but does everything has to have a moral?

>implying San Jupernegro isn't reddits favorite

There's no moral to any of this show.

It's "DUDE TECHNOLOGY LMAO" by someone who does the same things he complains about as if he's somehow better than everyone else.

This.

It's that scolding of others as you do it yourself. People were glued to screens last night, some even crying.

Moral of this shit episode by the way: don't be an annoying goober.

>What was the point of White Bear?
same shit as white christmas, something about lack of empathy for criminals or something

>OH SHIT OH FUCK DUDE LMAO

>does everything has to have a moral?

Well, yes? That's the niche that Black Mirror has always capitalised on.

>The woman comes back in and says "I could've sworn I told you to turn your phone off," then she checks the phone and gives the main character a kind of angry look.

That part didn't actually happen like that, he started having a seizure or whatever the moment the phone started ringing.

I feel like it didnt have to do with the technology at all it was more about avoiding your problems and fears

It was about not breaking NDAs
i've broken hundreds of NDAs lmao.

If they tell you to turn your phone off, TURN IT THE FUCK OFF!

Nice digits

White Christmas tackles a lot of themes, anong them the one you cited.

The moral is to make sure you log enough data so that you actually get some use out of playtesting, rather than just "he said mum" and learn nothing.

So this guy is Kurt Russell's son? Who'd have known.

Whats not to get? The whole Black mirror series is to make people aware of the danger of technology.
To answer about the phone: He was a test person, he got paid to do it and he signed a contract. The developers didnt know about all the dangers.

Don't violate an NDA

poor guy, didn't inherit any talent

>dude overaction man

>dude lemme talk way more than I have to
Drove me insane.

He was acting a typical stupid yank

>Lets use this technology that can literally fry your brain if something goes wrong
>If someone calls you the radio waves are going to fuck everything up
>Lets just leave this phone riiiight here next to it
>Yeap, that will do
What the fuck

This. The protagonist was undone by his basic dishonesty.

fpbp

You can't actual put important things off and ignore reality (juxtaposition with VR in the show), and the more you do the worse it gets

Yeah it was a fucking stupid premise for an episode lel

Literally shark jumping, the episode

really made me think

Why did it need to be wireless? If it did have to be wireless, why didn't the receiver implement any error detection/correction?

I find it hard to believe that they would overlook this kind of shit.

>dude actors write their lines

But that's what ameriburgers are really like

Don't use wireless shit. Stick to cables.

It's a beta

I thought Shut Up & Dance was the worst one.

Since we saw the kid go bonkers when his sister had his laptop, surely he would have had better storage protection? Surely someone who obviously knew enough to get an anti-malware program in the first place would know not to just download and install some random software?

Also, how many episodes were there where it was
>surprise, the protagonist was a BAD PERSON all along!
That was the storytelling equivalent of
>did you enjoy this piece of art? Well guess what: HITLER PAINTED IT

Yeah and he also directed Cutthroat Island. Fucking Hollywood nepotism.

fun episode*

not really, no.

>Surely someone who obviously knew enough to get an anti-malware program in the first place would know not to just download and install some random software?

You have no idea how normies use their computers if you don't think this is entirely possible. I used to be like that. He literally just googled "antivirus", you think googling a word makes a person automatically tech savvy?

White Bear is the Media's/countries attitude towards criminals

> Surely someone who obviously knew enough to get an anti-malware program in the first place would know not to just download and install some random software?

This nigga was lookin at cheese pizza without using shit like TOR. I don't think we can hold him in very high regard.

>they didn't know it'd fry his brain
>he put the phone there and turned it on

this.

>guy protective of computer
>guy interacts with child
>guy masturbates to google
>video of guy makes guy terrified
gee i wonder what it could be

All seems like normal stuff to me, but then again I'm not always thinking of pedos

>tfw you just want to put your face on her ass but every prostitute gives you 1 star ratings for being an ugly creep and now you can only manage to get racist drug addicted paraplegics to be with you

there's no reason to show him interacting with the child, unless it matters somehow to the plot

same for the bees, early on the zoom in on one for no reason whatsoever, then there's a murder
oh noes

TURN OFF YOUR FUCKING CELLPHONE ON AIRPLANES!!!

well not necessarily, it's a 10 second way of making the audience like the MC.

Fly privately like the God Emperor does

>What was the point of White Bear?
exactly the same thing as in Hated In The Nation

don't enter experimental programs for anything

Sam email is that you?

Turn your fucking phone off.

It's actually a technique to deceptively make the MC appear to be the likeable protagonist, but subtle enough that on a re-watch it goes from being heart-warming to quite creepy.

yeah, it fills two roles, but it would be a useful scene even without the twist at the end

>What is the moral

You aren't a Charlie Brooker fan are you? Almost every episode of Black Mirror are based on jokes he's been telling on Screenwipe for years. There isn't a moral, they're dark jokes.

i dunt get it

Yes all episodes are about technology, but in the way that technology relates to our humanity. That episode is about fear. The fear of calling his mother, the fear of ending up as his father.

The second the phone rang, he died. All that we see from that moment onward, is what he "imagined" in those 0.4 seconds.

you aren't a smart guy are you? Even dark jokes have morals.

Yeah I got the timeline confused, I thought that scene happened right before they plugged in the "mushroom"

Delete this

if he'd spoken to his mother on the phone once, she would've called less, and he would've lived
if he had called her when his account got hijacked, he would have avoided the test entirely, and he would've lived
if he hadn't been greedy and tried to break the NDA for money, his phone would've been off and he would've lived

I felt sorry for him, but honestly he dug himself a hole and I knew it the moment he broke the NDA (although I suspected they would be watching the room, and then do something to him because of what he did)

Ho! Maddon look at those digits

Oh me maddon again those numbers!