What music do 13-16 year old listen to these days? Do they even like music anymore?

What music do 13-16 year old listen to these days? Do they even like music anymore?

Literally nothing besides Soundcloud Rap/Trap

Lil Peep and other shitty soundcloud rap.

it's the new metalcore

half this board is literally 13-16 year olds

this, or mainstream rap.
There are, like, 1 or 2 metalheads in there somewhere.

t. substitute teacher at a high school

Remember when kids listened to music that was actually good? Pepperidge farm remembers.

i listen to acid bath and several nsbm bands

Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd

List some NSBM bro

screwdriver, burzum, deafheaven, the list goes on...

Not really NSBM but okay

Is that BONES?

KPN is totally NSBM

Death Grips hasn't been posted yet?

Death Grips.

Teacherfag here
>sport kids listen to shit rap and trap
>edgy kids listen to awful pop punk
>cheerleaders listen to taylor fucking swift and play it when im trying to teach free body diagrams
>not-as-edgy hipsters listen to synth pop and whatever politically charged classic rock band they can find

Did good music just stop being cool?

what do you listen to

probably the still in the mcr phase

My brothers cd colection

does anyone listen to Tool anymore?

Don't lie, we know that's yours from high school

You work at Las Lomas? Years back, a friend of mine said he recognized a teacher's comp wallpaper from Sup Forums.

SoundCloud trap.

Sup Forumscore, like I did

At most, 3 kids per school will listen to both of those. A bunch will wear Dark Side of the Moon shirts without listening to Pink Floyd and Maiden is literally who tier to the rest of the school.

>3 copies of american idiot

Lo Fi hip hop, soundcloud rap, drake, the Weeknd, random dumpster indie, and maybe dadrock

/thread

Rap/Hip-Hop has become the dominant, all encompassing genre for everything. It's all teenagers know.

>party music
Trap
>angst/edgy emo shit
Edgy SoundCloud shit like XXXTentacion
>love songs
Rappers singing badly with autotune. Shit like 808s & Heartbreaks, How To Love by Lil Wayne, whatever the fuck Post Malone does.
>political/"deep" music
"Conscious" shit like Kendrick Lamar

They literally only listen to rap.

pouya/fat nick/suicide boys/ghostemane

Depends where you live, people in rural towns mostly listen to country, imagine dragon, and 21 pilots

>love songs
hope kids still listen to spooky black and stuff like that

The only scenes made up of teenagers now, are on the internet.
Some city kids still listen to punk stuff though.

>owning anything by green day ever

I own 7 of those albums on wax.
Come at me.

Don't knock synthpop famalamadingdong

I worshipped The Money Store when i was 16

>3 FUCKING COPIES OF AMERICAN IDIOT ON CD

I do

I know this is not a progression thread everyone hates but damn when I was 13 my taste was pretty much Good Charlotte, McR, Evanescense, Patd!, LP, The rasmus, Eminem, SOAD, Nirvana, Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit, Gorillaz, Escape the Fate, Cobra Starship, Paramore, the Offspring, Papa Roach, 30STM, Food Fighters... kids these days have no idea what they are missing, highschool sophomore years are for being edgy and lock yourself in your room imagining being the singer in front of the entire highschool while your qt is watching and realising how stupid she was for chosing Chad over you

>tfw you were that kid

Is your brother from the late 90s early 2000s?

soundcloud rap like xxxtentaction

Senior who turned 18 about a month ago:
The majority of the kids in my school listen to either pop punk and metal-core, hip-hop from all generations starting with the '90s, but mostly the hip hop on the charts or anything on the charts that isn't hip hop. A select few listen to classic rock, old school metal, or '80s pop

Lmao, this is the most generic early-2000's teen playlist ever.

>athletes
Drake, Migos, Kodak, Uzi, Lil Pump, Post Malone, 21 Savage, Future, Gucci, popular Travis songs
>hypebeasts
X, Travis (seriously they know his every song), Ski Mask, Lil Pump, Carti, Trippie Redd, Young Thug, Kanye, Famous Dex, Rich the Kid, Smokepurpp, Lil Xan, Lil Peep, that rainbow haired faggot, a lot of the same stuff athletes listen to
>normal people that don't fit any specific clique
A Boogie, mainstream rap in general, Uzi, Logic, Yachty, ASAP Ferg, Tee Grizzley, Travis, Migos
>hipsters
modern alt-rock, pop punk, synth pop, RnB
>skater kids
Edm, edm rap, Logic, RnB, synth pop, some mainstream rap
>emos/outcasts
classic rock, emo, Eminem, alt-pop, some metal, video game music, anime music, modern rock in general

Also forgot to add that skater kids and hipsters also listen to Eminem and some classic/90s rap

I don't know but I want to check out Cradle of Filth because they come out with t-shirts like that.

Do you live with your brother

First of all it's spelled SKREWDRIVER, and they are basically RAC Oi! and NOT NSBM!

Why does your brother have three copies of American Idiot by Green Day?

I'm going to assume this is how most early 20-somethings got into music in the first place.

Don't lie user, it's okay, everyone here has or had those too

There are two newish Weezer albums and the new Green Day album mixed in there. Could be legit.

Mostly stuff from when i was still in my teens. Floyd, clash, new order, to list a few.

>yo check out my soundcloud
>is chill beats
>is lo-fi
>is lo-fi hip hop beats
>is beats
>buy my beats
>mfw

Who are these 'hypebeasts'?

autotune moaning, half naked popstars in fishnets, stupid edm, dubstep

Anything hip-hop
from the 90's nas,tribe,wu tang to more trendy shit like kendrick,kanye etc.
yeah trap is really fucking big, regardless of anything else every teenager knows some trap
chill beats, nujabes,j dilla,soundcloud etc.
partial myself to 70's funk and soul music, that's just me though.
also really into jazz.
desu i pretty much know nothing about rock save for really popular pop rock like american idiot.
the only rock subgenre i really like is shoegaze.

lmao

Literally just turned 18 last week. This is my collection of music I have downloaded.

City of evil is the only one that matters in there
He goes by "Corbin" now

Let's just nuke ourselves.

This is what my little cousin listens to she's 14. Favorite bands are MCR and all the mid-00's emo like it came back around.

>Casiopea
>Holdsworth

I need to fuck your barely legal butthole RIGHT NOW.

which ones?

Mate, you're on Sup Forums, home of bitter, maladjusted men who browse an anime shitflinging forum on a Friday night, you're not that special.

its monday faggot

Pt. 2

>grimes
evry time

I'll be 15 in 2 months, I listen to a lot of different artists, I like mostly rock. I listen to Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Billy Joel, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Green Day, and Jimmi Hendrix.
Most of the faggots in my school listen to the soundcloud rappers unironicly.

M O D S

hold on

listen to eyehategod and do drugs young one

Kpop, mostly

>I'll be 15 in 2 months
enjoy yur ban kiddo :^)

Would you get fired for posting on here? Saying fag and stuff? I always wonder if any of my teachers are on Sup Forums. My English teacher asked where I was finding books to read and I just said the Internet, but I’ve always suspected he knew I meant Sup Forums

>I'll be 15 in 2 months
Girls that age are fucking hot but you're not one

i was working, this kid has his earbuds in, and his mom shopping right next to him. and he was doing all sorts of gang signs, and that rap dance where you like bend your elbows and swing your arms around and flash different hand postures. he was like 13, and he thought he was the coolest shit in the world, following his mom. Make no mistake that he was like spazzing out with his mouth biting his lips and briefly sticking his tongue out. Very strange.

>3 copies of the same album
but why

He says for the lyric book.

I shit you not, a surprising amount of perfectly normal teenage girls are big Kpop fans. I can't help but associate Kpop posters with my sister's friends.

>guy on Sup Forums tries to speak for all high schoolers
I’m 18 too and pretty normal. My music taste definitely is not representative of high school. I would say migos, future, Kodak black, uzi

>he has bullet in a bible and ANOTHER COPY OF FUCKING AMERICAN IDIOT

he also has 2 dookie, 2 intenational superhits, 2 iosmniac. and that's just green day.

I'm a guy and btw no girls are hot here in north west Minnesota.

Then he should just have two copies then...

>forgetting that one kid that browses Sup Forums

>this fucking thread

Question is, what did he listen to?

5 american idiots if you count bullet in a bible

one for the main music player
second for car/discman
third for backup (too scratched to be able to play)

My daughter listens to that rap/trap shut despite having been raised in metal and country. Don't know how she picked up on it

16 year old here
>megadeth, pantera, metallica when feeling metal
>tool, primus when feeling musically bored
> black keys, dan ersbach, Cte, white stripes, gorillaz (id list more but theted too many) when feeling rock and band shit
Mainly its been metal with some primus,i suggest checking out american life ubderrated song imo

>16 year old here
bye bye

get off the site you underage faggot