What's the musical eqivalant of Avatar?

what's the musical eqivalant of Avatar?

Kendrick Lamar

Graceland

the Avatar soundtrack

really makes you tink

pink floyd

One of the best-selling artists of all-time who nobody you know listens to or thinks about. Maybe George Strait or Garth Brooks or Barbra Streisand?

daft punk - ram

I think you've got it exactly opposite. Avatar was this huge fuckin movie that was explosive in its time but became forgotten and left virtually no impact on popular culture, it's so insignificant that people still constantly call it "James Cameron's Avatar" to avoid confusion with a much older children's cartoon. Pink Floyd on the other hand has had a consistently chart topping album for decades among several other massively successful works with massive appeal.

In a way you've kind of got it though, even though people love it, they are both painfully mediocre when you get right down to it.

Any album that is extremely popular upon release but is immediately forgotten about and whose effects on the industry amount to overblown gimmicks that don't last a year.

Fpbp

Dubstep?

Hugely, insanely popular for a brief period around the same time and then forgotten forever

I'm gonna kick your ass for that last line

>was a big deal when it came out
>everyone was talking about
>considered a landmark film in visual innovation
>critically acclaimed
>a couple of years later no one talks about it anymore
>everyone realizes it's actually an overrated piece of shit movie that deserves none of the acclaim
pic related

"meddle" and "animals" are objectively patrician albums, though..

most of floyd's catalogue is trash, you're right. especially "the wall" and anything made in the 80's.

The Life of Pablo

if anything tlop is gonna become more important and interesting as the years go on

Maybe this album, there is a whole lot of talent behind it but it's ultimately a forgettable experience.

macintosh plus floral shoppe

this actually makes a lot of sense

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

The Black Eyed Peas

Ed Sheeran. He's a super successful pop artist today, but he isn't iconic enough to become a defining pop act of this decade.