Fox Planning "Soft Reboot" Of The X-MEN Movies

>According to The Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox is planning to "reconfigure" the succesful X-MEN film franchise in light of the disappointing box office of X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and Hugh Jackman's impending retirement from the role of Wolverine. A new story is being developed by producer Simon Kinberg, while director Bryan Singer has officially left the franchise to pursue other projects.

>The return of the main cast consisted of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrance and Nicholas Hoult is uncertain as they've all completed their three-picture contracts with the studio, requiring lenghty and costly renegotiations.

>DEADPOOL 2 remains in active development, with JOHN WICK director David Leitch in advanced negotiations to replace Tim Miller, who left the project after creative differences with Ryan Reynolds. The movie features Cable and Domino, and Fox is so confident in its success they are already lining up DEADPOOL 3 revolving around the formation of the X-Force.

>GAMBIT is also back in development following a brief delay caused by the departure of director Doug Liman and star Channing Tatum's commitments to Steven Soderbergh's next project, LUCKY LOGAN. Josh Boone's NEW MUTANTS, featuring Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Magik and Warlock and which allegedly overlaps with the main X-MEN series, has also been fast-tracked and is expected to commence shooting next spring.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/foxs-x-men-issues-jennifer-lawrence-unsigned-deadpool-defections-gambit-hold-945505

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/davidbhayter/status/688122562094604290
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>GAMBIT is also back in development following a brief delay caused by the departure of director Doug Liman and star Channing Tatum's commitments to Steven Soderbergh's next project, LUCKY LOGAN.

Wait Channing's out? YES!

Now he can play Shazam/Captain Marvel

Literally every film in this fucked up continuity since Origins Wolverine has been a soft timeline fuckup reboot.

Complain about me even bringing up continuity. Go ahead. But that's half the reason the MCU is so much better.

He's still in.

He's smart enough not to get into the DCEU anyway.

At this point FOX just doing whatever the fuck they want and screw any cohesion would be great, does Logan really NEED to fit into any kind of continuity? Nope, it could just be a one-off story that lets Logan handle things without any baggage of other X-Men around.

When will capeshit end

Just get rid of Jennifer Lawrence. That's it.

But that's like making a new Home Alone with Kevin as an adult but it doesn't have any connection to his time as a crime fighter. There's no point in the film being about Wolverine.

>James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrance and Nicholas Hoult
I hope they don't return. I only like Fassbender and I don't think he should be doing superhero films. He's better than that.
The others have annoying faces.

>But that's like making a new Home Alone with Kevin as an adult but it doesn't have any connection to his time as a crime fighter.

what the FUCK kind of comparison is this, I give it an F, see me after class.

>He's better than that.

They'll probably get rid of Jlaw because she's too bitchy about the role and cast someone else.

If they were smart they'd probably have a smaller group of mutants and core stories instead of huge gigantic world ending battles or extreme persecution.

Set it in contemporary times when people are ok with mutants, but there's an underlying sort of mutie-ism that can resonate with today's audience.

Reveal at the end of the first movie that Deadpool is canon to this universe and make sure Negasonic and Colossus is there. Have him mention that he still has no idea what universe this is.

Work with Marvel and have a panning shot of a mutant like Jean or Kitty in NYC sitting outside of a coffee shop and the camera pans up to reveal its Avengers Tower

Why wouldn't you like James McAvoy? He's a fairly solid actor and has been in some excellent films.

There's no point in a film being a sequel if the story has nothing to do with what the first film did. I'm not talking about rehashing. I'm talking about what makes a sequel a sequel. If these films are just going to overwrite the film that came before it, there's no point to any of them.

How the fuck are people still not bored with capeshit, especially X-men, the blandest of them all?

How many times do people need to see this boring cast of unimaginitive characters re-enect the same fucking 'save da world from hatefulness' plot?

They should just reboot the X-Men universe and tie it into the Deadpool Universe.

>muh origin movies
>muh continuity

laughing at your life man.

The Rock is already playing Shazam, it was one of the first casting announced in DCEU

I think it's the shape of his head. His eyes and lips bother me as well.

No, he's playing Black Adam.

>There's no point
Exactly the kind of commentary for X-Men universe (Both movies and comics).

In movies, X-Men had AT LEAST 3 continuities/universe existing "together":

Original timeline: X1, X2, X3, The future part of DOFP, The Wolverine
Rebooted timeline: FC, DOFP, Apocalypse, the alternate future of DOFP and presumably Deadpool
"Fuck this shit, it doesn't fit anywhere": X-Men Origins Wolverine, presumably Legion.

Just do a deal to cross over with Marvel via a total reboot. And then make sure everyone has their proper comic book costumes.

X3 and Origins never existed now. The Jean parts of The Wolverine don't exist either but the rest of the film does.

Yup, it's complicated.

That's a terrible idea.

Mutants don't fit in the MCU.

At least that's made by a director with a vision

Fox has a failing franchise and decides to keep going. Fucking morons. Just like Sony Spidercucks.
No more Hugh Jackman? The franchise is dead. fuck it. Fuck X-men, its over. Shit goddamn it. I hate super hero comic retard bullshit. Suck my balls people who like comics. I hope your comic collections get toilet stained. No more goddamn super heros, they are the gayest role models written and drawn by fat slobs.

Won't be good unless they get director Gavin Hood back.

>work with marvel
Hahaja that would cost precious shekels goy, don't want to spend anymore than absolutely necessary!

Sure it is.

>Channing Tatum's
Fuck that cunt, I don't want that faggot anywhere near x-men.

That's not true you retard.
First Class, Origins Wolverine [before adamantium], DoFP [past], Origins Wolverine [after adamantium], X-Men, X2, X3, The Wolverine, DoFP [future]
First Class, Origins Wolverine [before adamantium], DoFP [past], Apocalypse

Both Deadpool and Logan are unconfirmed. And Legion isn't in the universe, much like DCEU & Arrowverse are separate.

>cross over with Marvel
No, we don't need anymore disney/marvel flicks.

>Channing Tatum's commitments to Steven Soderbergh's next project, LUCKY LOGAN

>Two brothers plan a heist that takes place during a NASCAR event.

>Daniel Craig as Joe Bang
>Adam Driver as Clyde Logan

Based Soda Bread

>Shazam
more like shitzam

i heard you like soft reboots, so we are gonna soft reboot our soft reboot

I can understand the negativity towards Jennifer Lawrence and I really wouldn't care if Hoult doesn't come back because he never had much to do in the movies but McAvoy and Fassbender are absolutely based. The 2 best actors working in comic book movies at the moment. Not only they are great on their own but together they have a chemistry that makes them even better. Considering how they had to replace McKellen and Stewart which everyone considered grade-a casting, that's a huge achievement

actually never, or at least till 2021

Fassbender dissed the X-MEN movies lately, I think he won't bother to come back unless they offer him a lot of money.

McAvoy seems more willing, though, because he doesn't really give a fuck. And he's the key to all this.

>unless they offer him a lot of money.
FOX has two things in spades: stupidity and money.

>Fassbender dissed the X-MEN movies lately

proof?

vidya isn't better than capeshit anyway

>The 2 best actors working in comic book movies at the moment
>who is Chris Evans
>who is RDJ
>who is pretty much all of the MCU
>who is Ben Affleck

>Fassbender dissed the X-MEN movies lately
What did he say? Got a source?

>Chris Evans
Come on now. I love Laughing Meme Man as much as the next person but calling him a great actor is a great exaggeration.

Obviously we are getting into personal opinions but while the MCU has been insanely consistent with their casting choices and both actors you named have owned their roles I still think McAvoy and Fassbender are the better ones. The only time were an MCU movie had me really surprised by how good a performance was was RDJ during Civil War because after being a walking meme machine for years he was suddenly playing a broken Tony Stark and it was great. But McAvoy and Fassbender have been delightful to watch in every X-men movie they've been in. Even in the shitty Apocalypse.

Fassbender is maybe the best and only redeeming part of Apocalypse.

He was definitely the one giving the best performance.

She was great in First Class since she was not playing Mystique but the young and confused girl who will become Mystique in the future. She was fucking abysmal in the next movie holy shit.

Agreed. That's the thing with Fassbender, even though people say he deserves better than capeshit and that's true - and I'm sure he knows that himself - he never once phoned it in during the entire trilogy. He always delivered.

Jennifer Lawrence, on the other hand, clearly stopped giving a fuck about her role as soon as she won her Oscar and literally looked like she was about to fall asleep during several scenes in Apocalypse.

>he never once phoned it in during the entire trilogy.
Dude never phones it in in anything. The guy is a fantastic performer.

I bet he even acts circles around everyone in the Assassins Creed shitfest.

Logan will go down as Capekino and nuX-men will be shit.
Deadpool will make its money.

RIP X-men

They showed some footage of the X-Movies in a career highlight video about him in some event and he said he doesn't like the acting in them because "it's just shouting nonsense" or something.

He's solid overall and excellent as Captain America. Won't say he surpasses McAvoy or Fassbender but he's up there.

Agreed.

KEK

Well, he's pretty perfect as Cap, at least.

>Simon Kinberg
>X-Men: The Last Stand
>X-Men: First Class
>X-Men: Days of Future Past
>X-Men: Apocalypse

So he's 50/50 so far.

David Hayter is 2 for 2 with X-Men and X2 screenplay.

He'll never get work again after all shitflinging he did with MGSV

He was really hoping Wolves would be the start of a new age in his career.

What happened?

Got replaced in last Metal Gear game by Kiefer Sutherland. Spent two years screaming about it on twitter.

Damn. That' a JUST move.

twitter.com/davidbhayter/status/688122562094604290

>>The return of the main cast consisted of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrance and Nicholas Hoult is uncertain as they've all completed their three-picture contracts with the studio, requiring lenghty and costly renegotiations

If you don't get McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult you don't have a movie. It's as simple as that.

Hell, you could have an X-Men movie with just them and it would be fine. Just cut the X-Men from the movies, they're garbage anyway.

>Implying this isn't going to be the sleeper MOTY