I currently have 2 neon tetras, 3 corydoras, 1 otocinclus, a gold mystery snail, and 2 black neons

I currently have 2 neon tetras, 3 corydoras, 1 otocinclus, a gold mystery snail, and 2 black neons.

My tank is 9 gallons

Would it be better to leave the fish in these small numbers or over stock the tank?

(I neglected to due initial research because I'm an idiot which is why I'm stuck with these numbers).

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Fluval-FLEX-Gallon-Glass-Aquarium/dp/B01MRIQW7K
aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AquTankName=&AquListBoxTank=Choose&AquTankLength=20&AquTankDepth=10&AquTankHeight=10&AquListBoxFilter=Choose&AquTextFilterRate=N/A &AquListBoxFilter2=Choose&AquTextFilterRate2=N/A &AquFilterString=cor&AquListBoxChooser=Panda Cory (Corydoras panda)&AquTextBoxQuantity=&AquTextBoxRemoveQuantity=1&FormSubmit=< Remove&AquListBoxSelected=3 x Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)&AlreadySelected=200909300019:2::,200909300144:3::,200909300153:1::,200909300134:1::,200909300155:3::&FilterMode=Display all species&AqTempUnit=C&AqVolUnit=gUS&AqLengthUnit=inch&AqSortType=cname&FilterQuantity=2&AqJuvMode=&AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TIFF ARE YOU READING THIS SOMEOBDY NEDS YOUR ASSISTANCE WITH FISH

I'd say leave it in these numbers. I mean, you could still get a couple more neons or snails and it wouldn't make much difference. For fish I like to give them lots of room and don't overcrowd. But in your case you've got heaps of space.
What sort of plants do you have? Can they hide easily? What about decorations? Castles or hidey holes to swim into?

9 gallons should be enough I have a 4ft tank with goldfish they haven't been fed in Idk when they still alive

2 live plants and one fake one that one of the cory's likes to hide under, but most of the time they just chill by the filter.

Sounds comfy af for them.

Do you want to get a bigger tank or happy with this set up for now?

DO NOT LET THE SNAIL REPRODUCE! I once got some snails when I had fish, and they took over the entire tank in about 2 months

pretty happy with what I've got right now

IT'S ALRIGHT I'VE ONLY GOT ONE

lol

fish tend to be aggressive

they may end up eating each other eventually

I'll keep that in mind, from what I've read the Corydoras shouldn't pose any threat but the Tetras might...

What type of filter are you using in the tank? Have you already established/cycled the tank?

amazon.com/Fluval-FLEX-Gallon-Glass-Aquarium/dp/B01MRIQW7K

Here's my tank, it's got it's own filter.

Tank is already established.

I'm not an expert on fish, but my dad had a fish tank when I was little.

I'm not sure if it was because the tank wasn't well maintained, or if it was because we forgot to feed them or over fed them, but we had a bunch of red fish and one of them got really big and just started ripping the tails off the other fish. One of them was pregnant and I think it eventually killed it.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me when I was young. Had some black skirt tetras, they got big, ate the tails of our guppies.

Also some fish used to get stuck on the filter and die. Filters might be better made now though. i have no idea

That's a pretty cool tank. Good on you for cycling. I'm also assuming you're using a heater?

If you're worried about stock levels, check out aqadvisor. It's okayish. I've populated your tank approximately as you've described:

aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AquTankName=&AquListBoxTank=Choose&AquTankLength=20&AquTankDepth=10&AquTankHeight=10&AquListBoxFilter=Choose&AquTextFilterRate=N/A &AquListBoxFilter2=Choose&AquTextFilterRate2=N/A &AquFilterString=cor&AquListBoxChooser=Panda Cory (Corydoras panda)&AquTextBoxQuantity=&AquTextBoxRemoveQuantity=1&FormSubmit=< Remove&AquListBoxSelected=3 x Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)&AlreadySelected=200909300019:2::,200909300144:3::,200909300153:1::,200909300134:1::,200909300155:3::&FilterMode=Display all species&AqTempUnit=C&AqVolUnit=gUS&AqLengthUnit=inch&AqSortType=cname&FilterQuantity=2&AqJuvMode=&AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple

You'll note that you've got three types of schooling fish in your aquarium and that their numbers are below recommended numbers. Those cories might also grow eventually depending on the particular breed.

Maybe they were tetras. They look very similar to the ones my dad had.

I'll keep that in mind. My corydoras are a bronze, peppered, and julii.

If my neons do end up dying I'll get 2 more black neons and another corydoras to make them happy.

Also thank you for the advice and the website

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Some fish shops will also let you sell/trade in unwanted fish. Might be worth asking them if you could swap your tetras out.

I've never heard of that, might be a good idea. Thanks for the advice.

The less fish you have the easier it is to take care of your tank.
I had 200L (50 gallon) tank with about 10 small fish. I could let it unattended for a month and everything was OK. The only caveat is that you should use water with near-zero hardness (rainwater of demineralized water) - but you should use it anyways if you are keeping Amazon fish like tetras. Snails too are less of a problem in soft water because they cannot accumulate lime for their shells and thus grow slower.

Also OP, if you're using the test strips you should eventually upgrade to one of these kits.

Much more accurate for keeping tabs on your water params. In a smaller tank you'll have to keep more of an eye on things.

Not op but bumping for more fish related stuff.