Artificial Intelligence

What does Sup Forums think of this film?

Was it underrated?

inb4 aliens

nice trips, in b4 aliens FUCK YOU

They weren't actually aliens though were they? I figured they were just advanced mecha. No point looking human when they're all dead is there?

DUDE ALIENS LMAO

The kind of movie where it's perfectly acceptable for a grown man at any age to cry

I liked it a lot. A fairytale for science fiction fans.

Highly underrated.

They're not aliens. That's the most common misconception of the movie.

They're super advance AI. Not alien at all.

So when Joe says "we'll be all that's left" he's being prophetic, and the super AI are the realization of that prophecy.

spielberg is a mainstream director go watch some godard of fellini, jesus you kids.

I think it gets overlooked because the interest in artificial intelligence simply wasn't there in 2001, the technology wasn't present enough for people to really imagine it.

Now thanks to films like Ex Machina and shows like Humans, the interest is there. But this film gets overlooked so much, it's a shame because it really is a beautiful film.

Hellooooo Reeeeddiiitt!!!!!

Same fag.

they were mecha, they even said they were

It was a good film but the whole "little boy loves his mommy" bit made me uncomfortable. If they made the film about the sexbot fighting for survival and slowly realising his own identity I think it might have made a better movie.

The film was good mainly because of the visuals and music, not because of the overall plot idea.

What's wrong with a child's love for his parent? The way I saw it, the film presented a moral and ethical question, what would the consequences of designing a robot to love you be? And what would happen if you rejected that love?

critics got wrong

it aged like a fine wine

What does Mecha tits feels like?

but that would be blade runner
kubrick wanted to question if we could handle technology changing to the point where we could actually feel empathy for a bunch of screws

No, nice try though reddit

>Thinks phone screen caps mean shit.

Autism and same faggotry

I want a city like Rouge to exist in real life.

everything is real life

Nigga that's deep.

Saw it when I was 9, kinda fucked me up for a while. I was scared shitless of losing my mom after that

They were and weren't aliens.

They were the product of robots/A.I that started in Earth and eventually left into space. fast forward thousands of years into the future, The newly evolved machines come back to Earth to learn more about where they come from and their creators.

So they were because technically they were not from Earth in their new forms, but weren't because they evolved from machines from Earth.

Oh so they were actually ayy lmao's after all.

the moral of the story is God is dead

Or are we Gods if we create life in our image?

and then we die off, so God is once again dead

Hey Joe waddya know?

Hey Jane, how's the game?