"Every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly...

>"Every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so Spider-Man never actually punches anyone."

comicbookmovie.com/other/tom-holland-reveals-how-many-spider-man-movies-hes-signed-on-for-as-he-a146653

Will they pull it off? There's potential for some solid web action.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So just like the 90's show?

I'm out, Spider-Man.

So i'm guessing there will be no impaling of any Willem Dafoe? Fuck this.

If this Riami, Spiderman would be running around with a gun shooting everyone in the head of he wasn't punching anyone.

Were PG-13 movies just more violent back then?

Every fight scene will be him webbing people in cocoons and making puns

No, it's just that the whole dynamic of PG-13 has been replaced. It's no longer about pushing the boundaries of PG; now it's all about removing the best parts of R rated movies in order to get the kiddies into the theater and make more money.

This is some serious bullshit, raimi Spider-Man movies had tons of punching and those films were box office hits, child demographic played a large part in that. Fuck this Disney channel bullshit

the flying fuck?
also
this

What the fuck?

I know Disney and Marvel want to be seen as family friendly, but isn't this taking the cake?

SHOCKERRRR!!

Don't worry, guys. He'll just kinda' suck at fighting.

>Q: How does Peter Parker differ this time from his previous two incarnations?

>TOM HOLLAND: "You've seen the billionaire, the scientist, the soldier. Now it's time to see the kid. And every decision we make on set is based off how would a kid react in this situation, so every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so he never actually punches anyone. It's all done kind of by accident. I think the biggest difference is his youth and innocence."

What the fuck? I want to see Spidey beat the shit out of bad guys!
youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

Could be some Jackie Chan tier fight/comedy but I doubt it.

>almost child-friendly
Like Sup Forums in a white van.

Raimi is rolling in his grave.

>"Nurse, hand me the chainsaw"

This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. It could give the movie a more whimsical, lighthearted tone, which would be a nice contrast with the ravishing grimness of BvS, Civil War, etc.

>Anybody here take shop class?

>fights are going to be shit
>Spidey is going to be Stark's personal bitch
>Mary Jane looks nothing like Mary Jane
>DC is going to force Spidey to be exactly as powerful as every other Avenger

Despair. A bleaker hell than mere mortals can fathom.

>DC

(You)

tbf in the comics he makes up his own punchless martial art because he's too strong to go around punching regular joes

The points still stand.

Spider-Man was basically my favourite superhero when I was a kid.

It's not like I follow capeshit around, I haven't seen a Marvel movie properly or in its entirety since the last Thor came out I think, but this is ridiculous.

In the comics sometimes he'll get beat up so bad he'll be gasping for air because his ribs are broken, pic related is a prime example of how bad things get when he's fighting top dogs like Morlun. Then the Raimi movies do a great job of portraying that wear and tear that follows a lot if not most of his battles, since his Spider-Man is a bloody mess in every movie at the end.

This is some goof shit Marvel is pulling. Fuck the kid they cast, fuck the entirety of that casting. If there was one chance in hell I was in a good enough mood to let my inner child out and watch this tripe, it's dead now.

I can see straight through your b8.
The whole Morlun arc was fucking golden. Even the shitty follow up where he's revived and all his family comes after the Parker we know killing a lot of the other ones from other universes in the process.
Only thing that comes close in my mind is the Spiderman: Blue series.
Good taste, tripshit.

>Don't worry, the main superhero will never throw a punch!!

What the fuck?

Ezekiel is such a badass

You guys act like this ever had a chance at not being pure horseshit

>Good trips
>Good post

we need more people like you

No big. Spidey isn't a brawler contrary to those Raimi shitfests.

Amazing Spiderman as shit as it was the Lizard/Spidey fight scenes were ace and he didn't punch IIRC.

This.

Also, where was everyone on that show getting their laser guns? Even the lowest street thug had a laser, which you think they could just pawn for thousands of dollars.

Man watching this now it looks like a horror film. Pretty cool.

Fucking incredible scene.

>shoulder tackles everywhere

>Spidey isn't a brawler
see
what are you 16?

They were probably really early models that were dumped.

The ammunition is probably the expensive point.

Of all places, a bunch of laser guns were dropped in Manhattan?

>1 scene from 1 combat
>it's clearly not working out for him

weak b8

You provided zero examples of Spidey being a brawl except one comic page out hundreds of thousands.

maybe if you read the comics you'd know how full of shit you are?
srsly, weak as fuck b8

The lack of music made this scene terrifying.

Really? Ya got him to say "OLY SHlT" in the captain America movie with his pre pubescent voice and NOW you want to be 'child friendly'? This isn't 70's wonder woman! It's the MAN OF SPIDERS.

>Leave Tom Holland to me

Not only that but you only see one person die throughout the whole scene. Raimi is a genius!

This is it people. Stop paying for Marvel movies. Stop paying for Star Wars. The Mouse is going to rape everything you've adored even harder.

the pov of the claw is very evil dead

>Spider-Man never actually punches anyone
Fucking lame. I wanna see Spidey HEEM a motherfucker.

keep that shit in wraps, there aren't many faggots here on Sup Forums who know of it

I see no reason why Spider-Man should punch people, it's a pain in the ass to measure how hard he can punch someone without killing or permanently crippling them.

>there will be a Doctor Octopus as good as this
Gee, thanks.

This is great news. More focus on unique Spidey choreography instead of retarded haymakers that somehow don't kill. You know what's damning though it that "designed in a way that's almost child-friendly" I know Leddit will say ITS COMIC BOOKS BRO ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WEIGHTLESS XD, but I'm not a faggot so it doesn't sit right with me. Even when I was a kid I preferred weight to my action. Numales need to be put on spikes.

They're saving punching people for the black suit storyline in the sequel.

wow i do not remember this scene being dope as hell

I hope that's not an example as he his clearly not punching.

I think this sets up a pretty interesting dynamic in how Spidey will take down bad guys.
It just sounds like they want to more utilise his abilities.

sounds pretty cool DESU

means the fights will have to be more inventive, straight up beat downs got old

now jackie chan does punch people, but I'm imagining a sort of jackie chan type fights as a point of reference anyway because he's still did lots of other random inventive shit

i think this, there will be a lot more webbing people up focus on web slinging. It will actually be cool because then if he does get super pissed and beat someone down it will be outside of the norm

i like how raimi had all the doctors be jews so that way it would feel like a triumph

Huh I could've swore this scene has a spatter of blood in it.

Snyder is the only capeshit director who isn't a complete pussy.

youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

Should read adult-bodied, child-minded friendly. The paying demographic of capeshit

fucking prick that was going to be my interesting fact to contribute to this BUTTFUCKING thread.

Are you happy with yoursefl!??!??!

OUT, ARE YOU?

>shit b8 still

More nudity too

That's kind of retarded but at least it means they have to be creative about it.

Although it means shit like this where Spidey gets his ass kicked is out of the question and that really kind of made things more intense when Gobby was just all kinds of fucking his shit up.

But what about the Chink lady?

A rare breed of chink jew

>le edgy batman
>good

Fuck Marvel and the idiots giving them money.

Ben Affleck was a great Batman. All of BvS was good, people are just too dumb to see it.

>We really wanted to capture a little bit of an homage spirit to the Sam Raimi movies a lot of our audience now has grown up with while still keeping things fresh, fun, and separate. We found the best way was a few fun little references and nods, some of them were even improvised! Tom Holland is SUCH a talent, we've been trying to keep in mind our Raimi influences, and in one scene Spidey takes down this mugger and then hangs him up in webbing from a lamp post. Without missing a BEAT, Tom just shot out a very Raimi-esque quip, "Hah, fucking nigger, lookin' like your grandpa hanging from the old sycamore tree. Die you fucking coon." It was such a great moment everyone on set almost ruined the take by cracking up and laughing at how perfect it was. Needless to say that's the take that'll be in the film, and we're very proud of how it's turning out.

What the fuck Jon Watts?

>All of BvS was good

what get's me about the conversation about cbm is the whole "FUN" thing

this shit right here, this is 'fun' to me, no one on screen is laughing, and i don't care if they are, but the drama and action of scene and it's portrayal on camera and all tricks they pull out of their bag is what gets me to enjoy any movie, and i love the way raimi does raimi and rides the line of making a horror scene even with a bunch of established horror signifiers (shadows, serpentine movement, reflections and outright cliches like the nails screams and chainsaw) and making it funny by the focus and almost exaggerated presentation of elements at certain points

it's the classic raimi slapstick+focus on facial reaction type of humor

jesus christ raimi

ITS YOU WHO'S OUT GOBBY. OUT OF THIS WORLD

>>"Every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so Spider-Man never actually punches anyone."
This shit gets worse and worse as the time passes. I smell a stinker. A huge PC SJW shitty juvenile Spiderman. May Sam Raimi helps us all.

>Spidey isn't a brawler

Please be kidding. Spider-Man is all about punching people in the face till their teeth fall off, getting punched in the face, mask destroyed, nose and mouth bleeding, etc.

He's a brawler. A big one. One of the most physical superheroes Marvel has. Every street hero they have is like that. Spider-Man is a web-shooting Daredevil.

You don't read comics do you?

Ya got me, cunt.

don't respond to the retard, he was already told off by several people

>Without missing a BEAT, Tom just shot out a very Raimi-esque quip, "Hah, fucking nigger

Mite be cool if they actually get creative with the choreography because of this but it remains to be seen

Advanced Idea Mechanics just doesn't give a shit, man. Case of laser pistols here, nuclear mini-sub there. Sometimes you just need to find a way to maximize your budgetary spending.

god fucking damn it

>no punching

he web theirs feet, says a quip then cacoons the shit outta them

this is spidey101 is anyone surprised?

>Batman mowing people down with a machine gun
Lmao and I thought Superman killing Zod was bad. I should probably watch this shitfest of a movie soon.

>those nails

fucking Marvel

best part of Raimi's 1st Spiderman is the brutal final fight. We'll never get a capeshit scene as good as that

>so Spider-Man never actually punches anyone

3 Spider-man movies in a row that I'll not watch. Good job Sony.

I for one am relieved that capeshit will finally be treated as kids movies. Maybe manchildren will stop caring about it then.

>Spidey isn't a brawler!

>JRJr

jesus christ my sides

also checked

>Spider-Man never actually punches anyone

No Spider-Man reboot will ever beat Raimi's.