clyp.it/rbjycqwi
youtube.com/watch?v=Dza0RKSVLCo
clyp.it/1fdddbtt
clyp.it/piq3g1lv
clyp.it/znlfirry?token=3e9c96819574464d075441543d3385a0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RYTM. I have it it’s great.

Push 2

I have a digitakt and I really like it. But the usb-audio integration has not been relesed yet.

What do you think of my studio?

Are you making fun of me?

Lacking.

may be what you are looking for
can load samples and edit them idk about usb

0/10 monitoring situation

What do you think of my studio?

How hard is it to load samples onto it via USB?

I shoulda said, i plug it into some studio monitor speakers when i do the bass parts and the mixing

Was considering it but it can only load samples via SD card.

A Push would do everything I want but it doesn't have line outputs, so I can't use it without a computer / with effects racks easily.

hi patrick
haven't visited since early 2016, is the vision's automation computer finally fixed?
are the ib1s still there?

32 khz is probably fine but wouldn't you rather that be 44.1 ? why tfuck did they make it like that

'lofi' sound, muh early digital appeal
cheaper

You leave the computer on and turn the screen off and use the outputs on your interface

You can do it through either overbridge, or someone released an app that lets you drag and drop them into the machine. When the RYTM first came out sample management was terrible but it has been greatly improved. It’s still not perfect but once you get it setup with all your stuff you should be good to go

>allows you to load samples via USB, but also edit samples on the device
So you want a sampler not a drum machine?

>may be what you are looking for
can load samples and edit them idk about usb
No usb, no line outputs (it has a 3.5mm stereo output jack), no real sample editing

>Was considering it but it can only load samples via SD card.
Nope no SD card on the volca. It loads audio via the sync cable.

Does anyone in these threads actually know what the fuck they are on about or is it just pure shitposting now and giving advice about stuff they know nothing about?

Needless.

Sounds crunchy as fuck on hip hop drums innit. Fucking thing is a beast. It’s a compromise between a SP1200 and modern standard.

quick question for ableton.

is there any way to move the selection area without having to redraw the entire thing again?
like adding a few little steps on it.

>move selection
not sure

>add a few little steps on it
hold shit and click to the end of the area you want to add

>hold shit and click to the end of the area you want to add
many thanks

Yeah cut and paste it, don't drag it, but it'll take a few times to get it lined up and some of your automation might trick out. Save the file as another name before you do it because you can fuck it all up

EXACT same thought while scrolling through

I believe what you have pictured is your best option - there is no need to sample from usb if samples can be taken directly via the audio in, just playback what you need and the digitakt can sample it in.

It has midi in and out options so can be used to control anything from your DAW to your synths. You can record and trigger all of your lines into the digitakt. DESU buying this should eventually move you away from ableton because its a DAW in a machine, you dont even need ableton if you have further gear&sounds.

Once I have the cash its my next investment, can only advise what you have pictured

has anyone ever moved from ableton to protools?
how jarring is the move?

Dear friends. I use EQ, Compressors, Limiters, Gates when mixing and mastering and my music sound unprofessional as hell. What am i doing wrong? I'm talking about the quality of sound here not the musical content. When mixing do you have any rule-of-thumbs that keep you in track?

both are way too different to even compare, I don't know why you would want to make that move, especially when you're creating electronic music.
this is coming from someone using protools at work since pt9, pre hdx

>tfw moved to FLSTUDIO

try to find out what is different from your mixes when directly comparing to the ones inspiring you, try to narrow it down to what sounds the most flawed about your mix and think about what tools you need to fix that, then move to the next
training your hearing and your abilities to spotting problems and solving them is the only thing that helps, there's no secret mixing tricks or even basic rules that can make up for a lack of experience and training

>especially when you're creating electronic music
nah, it's not for that. i've been getting some commissioned audio work regularly and i'd like to try doing some of the smaller projects on protools mostly so i can be familiar enough with it to be comfortable putting it on a resume.

it's fine for that as any daw, just be aware of the limitations of non-hd that might screw you depending on what you need to do

Any comments on this tiny short piece of mine before the clyp dies?
clyp.it/hees4jlz

the track limit thing stuck out to me (even the track limit on HD would force me to resample on bigger projects). does the plugin limit basically work by restricting the number of inserts and sends you can run on individual tracks?

yeah, there's 10 insert slots and 10 possible sends per channel, after that you have to cascade channels and use up another voice
that's just protools for you

Thanks!

>hold shit and click

how are you going to post here without a reasonable number of shit keys

it's a bit odd, but running compressor+eq+waves s1 as inserts + a reverb return covers 90% of the tracks i work on so the plug in limit shouldn't be a huge issue.

not looking forward to bussing things constantly tho. ableton's groups are a bit of a godsend in that regard.

Thanks, that sounds nice.

So I can just run a line-in to the Digitakt and record samples that way? That would be really easy, I could have samples in Ableton and just play them into the Digitakt.

for really crazy sound design protools means a lot of rethinking and possible compromises, the cleaner and simpler the stuff you're working with is the better does protools, there's no grouping or folder tracks that help you organize stuff except for maybe the workspaces and windows config snapshots which still become a major pain in the ass with huge projects

yeah, i suspect i'll end up doing a lot more work inside kontakt to work around the protools quirks.

the new QOL improvements in ableton 10 are also really well suited to what i do so there's even less reason to switch now. hopefully they've stuck aaf and omf support in there and just forgotten to mention it.

still, can't hurt to know protools just so i can communicate better on the rare occasion i'm dealing with guys on it. also the 'muh industry standard reasons'.

hopefully

>-hopefully*

absolutely, even just being able to reliably open a project and then getting the material the fuck out of the program is a good enough reason to keep a licence around at any times when working with audio professionally, because you WILL run into protools sessions eventually

>QOL improvements in ableton 10
What does this mean?

[hint]: download reaper

Have you done your homework, read books tutorials etc?

overall tone is the struggle

quality of life. new fades behaviour, new automation view, sample tagging things like that.

getting some mario 64 dire docks feels, good shit

Oh ok.
Thought it was some actual production or software term I didn't know.

When comparing your mix to pro reference mixes, turn the reference mix down to meet the volume of your mix and try to match the tonal balance from there - don't try to push everything up in your mix to meet the volume of the mastered reference track

live 10 crack when

btw, are those cracked betas stable to use for "real" projects or should I wait for a full release?

>Ableton is supposedly god tier compared to FL
>Can't even move a selection without it fucking up

Look into Sound on Sound, Pensado's Place, Mixing With the Masters, basically any youtube or podcast series you can and learn the logic behind their actions.

Work on picking out individual problem frequencies

When EQing, duck, don't boost.

Don't use compressors in series if you can help it. Parallel compression is a whole world of mixing magic and can even be used in place of EQs.

Parallel reverb is great too.

Don't push your compressors, use multiple compressors doing a little bit rather than one compressor doing a lot.

Don't put limiters on your tracks.

A lot of it is subtlety and knowing what to use, when, and how much. A few dozen very slight but effective changes to harmonics and dynamics is what makes a mix, not having one EQ doing a thing in one spot. It's a slow thing to learn, get access to as many resources as possible and practice consistently.

Sound choice would be my guess. If you're using the right sounds, then your actual producing/songwriting ability would be the source of amateur-ishness

there is no crack for the betas right now.
check audioz or audionews for updates.

i'd be surprised if any scene group puts out a release during the beta phase. i wouldn't trust any p2p releases until then.

Check out Reaper. 100% more flexible than anything PT has ever done and just as well, if not better, constructed overall.
Very similar workflow, great for audio-dominated work.

Varg made Nordic Flora pt.3 on a Ipad

>Parallel compression is a whole world of mixing magic and can even be used in place of EQs.
You mean parallel compression or multiband compression?

>Parallel reverb is great too.
Isn't any reverb with a dry/wet knob a parallel one?
Or you mean multiband?

Also:
>Don't use compressors in series if you can help it.
>Don't push your compressors, use multiple compressors doing a little bit rather than one compressor doing a lot.

No one's mentioned the new Neutron and Ozone, thoughts on tone control plug in, does it work

Different user here. But you can also transfer via usb. They have a elektron transfer program, but sysex transfer works also. Easier when you have lots of samples

Not him but the thing with parallel is maxing out the effect then adding a some of it as a send, the advantage with parallel reverb is you can eq before and after the sended or add other stuff (distortion?) without effecting the main track. This guy's series have lots of ways to do it

youtube.com/watch?v=muzh3TBbbIM

I know what parallel processing is.
I just don't understand how you can use a parallel compressor instead of an EQ, unless he's using a multiband one.

yeah don't know I assume it flattens out resonances or adds more like to make it sweeter

eight billion dollars

Yeah, mostly resonance and harmonic distortion. Eg using a FET/1176 type compressor is a great way to get more punch in the 2-4k area that pushes vocals and snares through a mix. Opto/Fairchild types have great low-end colour and can really fill and smooth the low end in a mix.

Using parallel compressors like this running too hard and then being mixed in to colour is a cool way to do complex EQ adjustments without actually trying to pull it off in an EQ.

Can you please elaborate on that?
Any video that explans how it works?

>When EQing, duck, don't boost.
Good rule of thumb, but subtle boosts after getting a baseline mix can be the difference between a flat, clinical mix and a tingly one.

I'm a little bit confused by the Parallel reverb comment as well. If it's just about running your Reverbs on returns instead of inserts everywhere, then ignore this.

Also the logic re:
>use multiple compressors doing a little bit

Again, if you mean use compressors in series (while being cognizant of the fact ratio multiplication might still be a factor) to shape different parts of the sound then ignore this.

I did more research on the Digitrak and its fucking mono sampling only?

All sampling hardware is overpriced as fuck and limited in retarded ways. Fuck this.

clyp.it/tvecst1u
meow meow me-me-meow meow meow meow

On a kind of sampler (actually sample based tracker for psp) without any antialiasing, i get clicks every time i trigger certain sounds, and i have a feeling that it is because their waveforms doesn't start at zero. Is this true?

could be any number of things, but it's probably what you think. add a bit of attack to the sample to see if the click disappears.

fucken fantastic

Hows this? My monitors are cheap.
Sounding too much like Goofy Goof?

clyp.it/quv4tco0

reference: youtube.com/watch?v=Hf1e9aNQ1x8

You posted a wrong reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=9a7ud-xyyj8

I agree with everything the guy from the previous thread said. You don't have a proper technique, by the way you're pronouncing the words I can tell you're shaping your mouth wrong, and you're probably straining your muscles too much. I don't know what to say, maybe lessons would help, but not everyone can be a good singer. I have a similar problem, but that's why I stick to everything else and don't even attempt to sing, colour of my voice it terrible IMO.

the strings need to either be turned down a little or have an eq cut to take a little strength out of em.

vocals are pushed up front too much and could do with some delay and reverb to soften them up a bit. maybe roll off the low end a little as well.
they need a bit of help, honestly.

soundtoys reverb is pretty good but they need to release the big version

>trying to get a good mix with water sound effects
fucking nightmare, honestly.

cute and mspa-esque

thanks fellas. do you happen to know where i can find iconic meow samples

theyre mostly raw waveforms but i think i can shift them sideways until they are in phase so to speak, it's just a lot of work converting to the right format and transferring to the psp so i wanted to know if i was completely stupid first

That is a simple recording of the song with just a piano and guitar. The one i posted is a closer reference of the mix sound, also the forced throat tone i did is more like elvis' stile.
I get that i have to take lessons, but i really want to do this cover. Does it sound bad regardless of the technical ear point of view? Also maybe you should sing more, weird voices can sound cool.

Ok, did these you mentioned.

clyp.it/k5b0xj2s

That is a simple recording of the song with just a piano and guitar. The one i posted is a closer reference of the mix sound, also the forced throat tone i did is more like elvis' stile.
I get that i have to take lessons, but i really want to do this cover. Does it sound bad regardless of the technical ear point of view? Also maybe you should sing more, weird voices can sound cool.

Ok, did these you mentioned.

clyp.it/rbjycqwi

Ah ok, fair enough. I just posted the song you are covering, thought you pasted the wrong link.

I don't know man, the instrumentation is good, but I'm not feeling the voice. Thing is, when I hear that straining, my voice start subconsciously straining as well, I just can't listen to it for very long.

Maybe weird voices can be cool, but I'd also need singing lessons. I did a fair amount of singing in choirs at music school, but I definitely don't have a proper technique. My range is completely fucked and I can't hit anything remotely high without going to a falsetto, while I also can't really sing super low. So I usually sang bass anyway, even though my talking voice would probably fit more with a tenor. There is no way I'm going to sing without a proper practice because it hurts, although I don't really have a will to do it anyway, I'm interested mainly in instrumental music, and my instruments are my voice.

How much more elaboration do you need?

>Using parallel compressors like this running too hard and then being mixed in to colour is a cool way to do complex EQ adjustments

Do that and listen to the results with different instruments and voices, then you'll know what it can help you with.

Can someone give me a good video to learn all the ableton hotkeys and shortcuts?

theyre in the manual im sure its alot faster to just look there than watch a video of this

>What am i doing wrong?
You have to know when and how to use everything.
>When mixing do you have any rule-of-thumbs that keep you in track?
Don't get carried away, mix quiet.

Not bad, but it sounds distorted/clipped to hell, and sometimes it feels like it's rushing in tempo.

Whenever the thing comes out, check rutracker.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dza0RKSVLCo

who here VintageWarmer/MicroWarmer?

it makes my stuff heavy and punchy when i need it.

september master
clyp.it/1fdddbtt

today's master
clyp.it/piq3g1lv

i guessed that, ha
didnt feel straining when i did it but for some reason my throat is hurt today.
my range is narrow too.
i was nothing into singing but i started doing it because i needed vocals for my covers, and now i kinda started liking my singing voice, hue. maybe i should leave it away again.

guys I want to go as analog as possible
(I'm using "analog" referring to everything that's not digital/sotware: no vst ofc, but USB/midi are fine)

atm I have this volca beats, an akai mpk249, an akai midi mix, a roland spache echo re-201 and a multi-fx pedal board (zoom gx3n)
I was thinking about buying a moog mother 32 OR a kaoss pad

they're pretty much different, not only for the budget I know:
-one path leads to a deep understanding of of modular synths work
-the other one is more about texture, adding atmospheres and shit

I mainly make ambient music, but I'm often more focused on the rhythmic section rather than the melody, and I'd like to change this in some way

I spend a lot of time in my bedroom and I wanna try make some beats and see if I like it. What cheap drum machine should I grab.

i dont care i'm all digital i dont even have an interface

kaoss pad seems a bit gimmicky, Id pick the mother

>-one path leads to a deep understanding of of modular synths work
>-the other one is more about texture, adding atmospheres and shit
for the learning and understanding part, cant you just learn with a synth vsti?

clyp.it/znlfirry?token=3e9c96819574464d075441543d3385a0
Is this too messy? I had a bunch of ideas that were good on paper and i still like what i did but maybe it also sounds like i dont know where i wanna go with this.

>mpk249
Anyone have some thoughts on this? Considering buying one today

I wanna make get a eurorack system to make ambient. Is this an ok setup do you think?