>cant hear the difference between flac and mp3>yfw earlet

Other urls found in this thread:

abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nobody does. hifi is a scam. mp3 vbr 0 is the ultimate form of music

I can only hear it when the mp3 is REALLY bad.
Granted I've only got shitty speakers but still.
Don't think i've ever noticed distortion/clipping in the highs in most mp3's.

You just need a nice stereo

Fuck off I got a 20 tb hard drive full of dozens of great flac albums

Of course, no human can hear the difference between FLAC and 320 kbps MP3s.
abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html

>elitist friend only listenes to flac
>frequently asks me to help him find flac releases
>download mp3s, convert them to flac and send it to him through skype
>been doing it for literally years
>mfw listening to him talk about there being a substantial difference between flac and mp3 once you've been spoiled with flac
I'll tell him one day and it'll be hilarious

Kek

>he doesn't even know

Too many years listening to shitty 96kbs rips back in the day have pretty much numbed me to audio quality.

This is the same meme with 30fps and 60fps

except the difference between between 30fps and 60 fps is very obvious while 320kbps vs flac is not
320kbps vs flac is like comparing 90 fps vs 2000 fps. You won't tell the difference between the audio unless you're a dog and you wont see the difference between the frames unless you're a pigeon

The difference between 30fps and 60fps is just as obvious as it is that you're trolling.

>90 fps vs 2000 fps
more like 60 vs 144, for a real-world comparison

the difference is there but it's hardly consequential and it requires certain hardware

there is a difference, a very slight one. well compared to Spotify's OGG. those have a thin layer of "dried mud" if you will, wipe that shit off then you have a clearer surface of FLAC. or dust, if you may

Literally this. Most people can't even hear the difference between 128 and 320

I feel like hi-hats and cymbals usually sound a bit choppy and weird at 128kpbs but sometimes I really can't hear a difference between 320 and 128.
but I definitely cannot hear a difference between 320 and flac, and I've made several attempts to compare lossy and lossless tracks while using high end headphones

I used to think I could hear the difference listening to .flac files and spotify. Turns out my .flac files were just different masters of the album so they sounded different. Inb4 "autist" yes I know, thank you.

if you have a decent set of studio monitors flac sounds amazingly clear compared to mp3. Listen to this album in mp3 and then flac, and then kill yourself.

>Listen to this album in mp3 and then flac
you probably downloaded two separate vinyl rips of that album.

convert your flac version to 320 kbps, try to hear a difference, then take sleeping pills and take a bath

y-you monster

you a bad frind i hate you

you can hear the difference with a good DAC and a sound system with integrated preamp.

this. also, from a spectogram point of view, all mp3 files have a partial freq cutoff at around 16 KHz while flacs extend cleanly all the way to 22 KHz, so while the difference is small it is noticeable with proper hardware like anons have been saying.

it is not noticeable with 320cbr

There's certainly a difference but it's nowhere as huge as pretentious audiophiles make it out to be. I certainly prefer higher quality audio, but it really doesn't matter much.

Thats because there is no difference that can be detected by you only machines can

>I feel like hi-hats and cymbals usually sound a bit choppy and weird at 128kpbs but sometimes I really can't hear a difference between 320 and 128.
I'm the one who's posted a link to the ABX test and I agree. Especially on jazz recordings, drums can sound muddy or appear almost inaudible when bitrates are lower than 320 kbps.

Thread ended 10 hours ago. Why are people still bumping and replying?

I would fucking kill you. But then again he's retarded for not checking the frequency peaks using a spectogram.

Most popular audio players check audio quality automatically and display it in a very visible space. I doubt his friend hasn't noticed.

i get my absolute favorites in flac
even if it's a placebo it makes me feel nice

It's not placebo, ears of humans are incapable of hearing all frequencies in FLAC format. On the other hand, if you're using FLACs for archiving purposes, there's no problem with that.

As someone with a 144hz monitor can confirm the difference is barely noticable

ahahahaahahahahahaahah

t. some pleb who probably owns a few pairs of these

>all these replies
>nobody knows it's a pasta