Hey Sup Forums I don't post here often but I need your help...

Hey Sup Forums I don't post here often but I need your help. My gf had a seizure this passed weekend and was diagnosed with epilepsy. She is my entire world and finding out that she is going to be held back by a disease for the rest of her life has really hit home. What should I do Sup Forums? What can I do?

Support the shit outta her. Epilepsy is something she can probs live with without toooo many issues, but still. Also don't make her feel like you see her differently, she probably hates that people see her as 'damaged' now or whatever, act normal as much as possible. Peace out my frube

Work to find a balance between making her feel like a queen and making her feel empowered. Best of luck user

Thank you for the support. I honestly wasn't expecting good things from this board.

I can say from someone with cancer, the worst part of it is when your friends and family start treating you with kid gloves and constantly, every minute of the day, asking if you are ok, do you need anything?

Support is one thing, but I was always a very independent person. It was bad enough I depended on my girlfriend occasionally, but every time someone asked if I was ok or needed something reminded me of what I was going through.

OP support the fuck out of her, anything she needs, jump. Just dont constantly treat her like she is a butterfly who is a second away from being smooshed

My fiancee has a heart/circulation disorder that limits her far more than epilepsy. I've been with her a couple years and my best advice is to be ready to shoulder more than your share of some things. I do more around the house than she does, and it gets hard sometimes not holding it against her, but you can't. As long as you treat her well, and support her in doing all she can do, it's your job to do the rest, no matter what. I do feel for you Sup Forumsrother and know that you aren't alone in this situation.

Im
Thats the depressing part for me after everything else. I pray my girlfriend doesnt resent me. I am deeply sorry Ill leave her alone someday. I wish in parts of my heart she would leave me to die alone like an injured animal and find someone else to take care of her. At the same time, I really cant live without her some days even beyond emotional support.

Im eternally grateful I have her, but I also know my existence is doing nothing but hurting her prospects at life when im not here anymore

lobotomy

I'm sorry to hear about that. I know that if she loves you as much as you love her then she will love you until the end, and forever. She will move on, but never forget and will always have her heart set for you.

Marry her. She needs reassurance that this "disease" will not affect your relationship and it shows how much you care.

Its a really messed up feeling. I dont want to die. I am only 32. But at the same time, I wish I would die tomorrow so she could have her own life.

I know how things will end, but ive been told with proper treatment and care, I could have as much as 2-3 more years. Im already on oxygen for an hour or 2 a day. By the time its over I will be on oxygen 24 hours a day and struggling to breath. She will have wasted the best years of her life just waiting to call 911. Its hard enough for me to accept what will happen... knowing what she is doing makes it fucking heart breaking though

Don't flip out every time she has a seizure, and no you don't need to call 911 every time either or go to the hospital. Unless the seizure lasts more than 10 minutes or she smacks her head hard on something. Understand that she will not be herself when coming out of the seizures and my fight you or say terrible things, this is just the postictal phase and will wear off and does not reflect what she really wants or means as a person. She will generally feel terrible after a seizure and may take several hours to return to full normal, be patient with her during these times.

Epilepsy can be controlled with medications to an extent and research is being done into CBD oil or medical marijuana.

Best of luck to you both.

i have a friend with epilepsy, hasn't had a seizure in over 5 years. It isnt as worrying as it first seems if she is somewhat careful she can live her life happily without any problems

Just turn on good vibrations and fuck her

>I wish I would die tomorrow so she could have her own life.
That's not how it works, idiot.
You die tomorrow and her world gets fucked in the ass even harder because now she's down the closest person in her life. Would she move on some day? Maybe, but the shock of losing you would be far more harmful than your dumbass brain thinks.

Just do as the other anons have suggested; support her but don't coddle her. Epilepsy is pretty damn manageable.

medicinal marijuana. epilepsy is a huge reason why medicinal weed became so prevalent

My dad and a couple of my friends are epileptic, just support her, she'll find meds in time and be ok, it's not as debilitating as it seems

good point, seek out a strain called Charlotte's Web

This exact thing happened to me. Grand mal seizure, pissed my pants, bit through my tongue. It's nothing, no big deal. She'll be fine. Just as long as she takes her carbamazapine like she's supposed to.

Don't worry.

We both know how things will turn out. She actually wants to get married before then so we can be husband and wife in heaven. Ive so far said no because I dont want damn her to Hell if she ever remarries after me. But the other part of me wants to marry her this second while I can still stand and walk more than 5 feet without gasping and begging for oxygen

High CBD / THC Cannabis oil, Hemp Oil

Will Do.. Thread is done for kthxbai

Move to a country that dosen't bankrupt you when she needs medical attention.

Take her out back and put her out of her misery. Its the human thing to do.

Or live in the US and have health insurance. Fuck off and suckle at the teet of your nanny state

I feel like I'm talking to the wrong user. What's your condition?

also
>I dont want damn her to Hell if she ever remarries after me

kek

It's going to be hard but you need to take her out behind the barn and put her out of her misery

You totally should show us nudes. Sharing is caring you know

fucking kek

Then post us a vid

How many people is it that is covered by a health inscurance? That's right, it isn't the majority of the country.

But my suggestion still stands. Move. Start a new life, in a country where you would be supported in any way possible if the worst happens.

Incorporate it into your sex life

Ketogenic Diet

I'm married to a woman with epilepsy. As long as it's treatable it's no big deal. You can no only cope, but thrive.

She drives, has a good job, and we have two children.

My only real advice for you user, is to take care of her when/if they are trying different drug cocktails on her for treatment. Some of them have REALLY bad side effects (anger, sleeplessness, depression etc.)

But don't despair. We've been together for 10 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Fuck her and then turn on a strobe light, induce a seizure and turn her into a giant vibrating fleshlight for your own enjoyment.

fuck off

I have Adenocarcinomas Lung Cancer. Im one of the lucky people who get lung cancer without ever smoking or being around someone who smokes.

Actually before the ACA the overwhelming majority of the country was covered by private insurance. In fact the ACA covered less than 15% of the US who didnt previously have private health insurance

perfect time to pick up smoking weed then

cucked by genetics

Environment or genetics, no one really knows. I actually met my GF hiking back in college. Every year on our anniversary we hike to the same spot we met. This last fall was the first time I REALLY became aware of how things are progressing. Its 11.3 miles from trail head to our spot. 6 miles in I dam near fell over and needed oxygen (which she brought in her pack... oxygen tanks arent light)

That was the first time I simultaneously realized I am not as good as I once was AND she knew that, and took on extra weight to make sure I was safe. We never made it to our rock, and the heart breaking thing is, I dont think I even want to try it again this October

Unfortunately, I have access to a lot more powerful feel good pills than weed these days

been talking to you for a few posts, its op. If you get married then it is until "death do us part" so just do what feels right. While my gf was still undiagnosed, we were expecting the worst and I was prepared to marry her that day. just my two cents

I do hope we get married, so this is reassuring.

student nurse if that helps but i've known a few people with epilepsy and they can still live normal lives. Support her, learn as much as you can about her condition.

Does she know when she's going to have one? how many episodes has she had?

maybe she's just trying to shake things up in your relationship. you should try harder to seize the moment day-to-day. she's probably just chomping at the bit to do something fun.

she has had many miniature seizures before without realizing it, and these came in the forms of eye flutters and jolts awake. every time I wake her up she would shake like it was a nightmare.

Thanks buddy. I know she loves me. This entire thing sucks, but it hurts so much worse knowing Ive brought her along for the ride.

Maybe, tell her that. That you love her no matter what, and you wouldnt give a second of it back for anything... You regret nothing, and wish for nothing other than this moment with her.

Just trying to help... and vent. Ive been near tears most of the time typing and refreshing this thread.

Just help her. Love her. And remember you might be her only hope in this world

Dump her obviously

How far apart were they? The seizures. Like a couple days or weeks or months. Have they placed her on any medication and how long has she been taking them?

give her an out of this world light show.

shes definitely been having trouble coming to terms with the condition, and it has been very emotionally taxing.
I would take your own advice for your situation my friend.
Your gf needs you and I can tell that you want to marry her. Just do it. Take the time you have and make memories.

bbreak up and find a bitch that doesnt have shit genetics

Use this as an excuse to break up with the bitch before she gets her hooks too firmly in your wallet and starts fucking niggers behind your back.

they were frequent. every time she would wake up like that.
she says the eye flutters were also frequent.

Mercy killing

Buy this

Take her to a rave to cheer her up

Sick bro
I've been smoking since I was 15 (I'm 27) and nothing has happened to me

you should definitely fuck her while having a seizure.

/Thread

It wont until you hit 35-40

You are right but I kinda want to just fucking die

ketogenic diet can help, if she can implement it without too much day-to-day trouble it can work as well as drugs without the price/side effects for some people.

But people vary in their ability to stay on diets.

Text her this pic.

Hey op good news. With modern meds, chances are the only thing she won't be able to do is serve in the military. I have epilepsy and i take 3 pills a day, i worked as a paramedic for years and no side effects. oh, and she won't be able to drink much because of meds. aside from that, she will probably be fine. Make sure she dosen't skip her doses.

unsupported BS.

thanks for the info. She already knew about alcohol and was seriously let down. shes never really had a drink, and now that shes been diagnosed she will never get a chance.

One of my best mates has epilepsy, he also can't stay away from vidya. He is used to seizures now. But he's still extermely happy

Stick your dick in her as she's shaking. Bet you wouldn't even have to move it. Just hold still and let her do all the work.

Not this way. Im going to bed now. Good night and good life friend

stick with her through it, learn up on how to treat seizures when you're not around medical technicians, and just love her to death if you really do love her. Depending on the severity, it may not hold her back so much. I have a friend who has epilepsy and has a seizure about once every 6 months, so he's able to cope with it. Don't let her feel like she's a victim, keep her feeling strong through it.

My girlfriend has Crohn's disease, and she has to get an infusion every 6 weeks so she can digest food. I know it's not as immediate or scary as having epilepsy, but at ransoms times she'll have to go through excruciating pain and all I can do about it is cook her food and give her comfort until it goes away. She's a cutie just like yours is. Unfortunately we have the same problem. Once she comes to accept the disease it'll be easier to cope with, and staying calm during flare ups (for my gf) and seizures is one of the best things you can do. Good luck to you and her, it really is sad to see something like this, but I feel your pain.

Best regards

that seems worse than epilepsy, mind sharing a photo?
I do love my gf, and I will take your advice.

Bro... look into cbd and how it reacts to seizures. Ive seen it work.hope you look into it .

I would, but she's 17 (I'm 18) and I don't want her face around the internet. if you really want to see I could show you through Kik or other means but I would rather not show all of Sup Forums

Crohn's is a swelling of the intestines that prevents the affected from being able to properly digest food because there isn't enough surface area on the celia exposed. I'm not sure how it works, but sometimes she will be brought to tears by the pain in her stomach. her immune system is weakened and she bruises easily from the medication she's on. im grateful that she's as strong as she is, because I doubt many other girls would be able to live with it.

I love her more than anything. she's the cutest redhead I've ever seen. One of the best singers I've ever heard. When I learned about her Crohn's I felt so bad because I couldn't believe something that horrible could happen to a girl as cute and as sweet as her. I imagine you probably feel the same way about your grandma as I feel about mine. It's easy to overlook an issue like this when you have a girl that's perfect for you, trust me. Even given the amount of time I spend treating her for it, it's all worth it to be with her.

lol its nbd. i felt the same about my gfs face on Sup Forums but convinced myself to do so for this thread. I appreciate you sharing as well as all of the other anons doing so on here

My dad had chronic seizures when he was a kid and the one thing better than the pills he hated was weed, he smoked a lot of weed.

Thanks man, you'll be able to get through it with her. It's nice to see some people in Sup Forums with a heart. I know that's not what it's for, but it's refreshing. Lots of love for you and her.

I could not imagine that this many people would actually be supportive of me and my gf. it just doesnt seem like Sup Forums, but this shows there is still some hope for us yet.

smoke dank