youtube.com/watch?v=cyVMQ-1lJ6c
youtube.com/watch?v=nRxhU176QyI
youtube.com/watch?v=AMy-pTscB78
youtube.com/watch?v=kluI-nFlNtg
youtube.com/watch?v=6zCwvCmA5Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not a nu male but I can weigh in. Sure, oasis were big. But because they were big they were hugely mainstream. They were like the arctic monkeys of the 90's. They took influence from shoegaze and grunge and made britpop (debatable) which for the most part is just noteworthy chart-making hits with filler tacked on the albums. Definitely Maybe has tons of good tracks but it's clearly just an advertisement for Live Forever. They inspired shit bands and stupid arguments. I don't hate their music, it's very good actually. I just hate their attitudes, their fans, their eventual turn to shit, and the fact that they bury other excellent bands with their legacy.

because theyre hard
youtube.com/watch?v=4QR6u_9m5lY

where exactly? never noticed

They we’re a great act in the 90’s too bad they completely blew it for themselves, could have been huge

WOOO HOOOO

The real question is why do nu males like them so much?

what do u mean couldve been?

Because they're not that great, especially lyrically. Their music is normie Tier.

>a bunch of obnoxious working-class alpha males playing loud, unsophisticated, aggressively life-affirming meat-and-potatoes rock

Nu-males like self-pity, self-consciousness and pseudo-intellectualism. Of course they're not gonna like Oasis.

>Oasis
>taking influence from grunge

No. Noel Gallagher liking grunge doesn't translate into a musical influence.
Oasis came from an entirely European tradition in popular music, which is one of the main reasons why they never managed to become as big in America as they were everywhere else.

I'm talking Smashing Pumpkins. Big Siamese Dream walls of fuzz and distorted guitar.

because I'm a murkin in addition to a numale and see them as kinda chavish and therefore a british analog for murkin white trash artists like kid rock and toby keith

except they're english, so NME won't stop tooting on their fuckin whistles, which to me seems like a blatantly anglophilic double-standard

the influence comes from shoegaze ya dolt, which SP's just happened to be influenced by to. But Corgan was more directly influenced by MBV whereas Oasis' sound came from the alt-rock FM end of shoegaze (you can hear a lot of where they got their sound in Catherine Wheel's first album)

Oasis were not influenced by SPs at all, SP weren't even that big a deal over here

because this band is designed for nu-males from the ground up

The real question is why I keep returning to a place where people lack the most basic self-awareness.

Definitely Maybe clearly takes notes from the vein of shoegrunge (a word I've invented just now) that early Radiohead also used to their advantage (another influence on Oasis)
It also innovated on these sounds by refining them but the influence is clearly there on songs like Rock n Roll star, up in the sky, etc

you're chatting absolute bollocks m8

when DM dropped the only thing anyone would've even known radiohead for is creep

>Big Siamese Dream walls of fuzz and distorted guitar.

Ehh, Creation Records specialized in this sound long before the Smashing Pumpkins made it commercially viable. It's why they signed Oasis in the first place.

What
Radiohead was performing in sold-out shows by the time DM dropped. Just look up Reading 1994

Radiohead is trash, kid

Go listen to your numale band somewhere else

>(another influence on Oasis)
what the fuck noel and liam both have shit on radiohead throughout their careers, there's no influence

The irony is if anything Oasis influenced Radiohead as much as the latter camp would deny it, Oasis are the reason The Bends was so much more britpop, so much less grunge and way louder.

Remember this is all highly debated and nothing can be proved anyways
I can hear a clear similarity in their music, especially between Radiohead songs like "million dollar question" which was released at least 2 years before definitely Maybe and songs off that album that have the grunge-ier sound

Acquiesce is their best song

Wish Liam and Noel traded vocals more often

how exactly?

they were mainstream appeal, and rocked hard, didn't take shit from no one and broke up because the bros argued of copyright over clothing and sales. It's literally the opposite of numale: regular men doing business and being transparent about it.
I'm also certain they hate the mars volta:
youtube.com/watch?v=8MySVpdG25w

>music is just whiney acoustic ballad love songs

Hmmmmm...

why does anyone born after 2000 even think that oasis are anything other that trash?

hm...
I wouldn't know from this board m8...

By that logic both Oasis and early Radiohead were most influenced by Blur considering Leisure perfectly fits "shoegrunge" (and btw Blur actually did invent Britpop)

>(and btw Blur actually did invent Britpop)

No, Suede did. Their debut is generally accepted as ground zero for Britpop(even if the whole phenomenon wouldn't truly blow up on a global scale until 1994-95).

>I just hate their attitudes
That's half of their charm though. I wish more bands had their attitude. They enjoy life and being in a band and don't give a fuck if you feel the same. They also aren't afraid to give their honest opinions. So much better than all the bands who pussyfoot around trying to act humble and not piss anyone off.

t. Has only heard Wonderwall

You don't know what you're talking about. You honestly think Oasis were influenced by Radiohead's one album that came out a year before their own debut?

this is some epic bait bruv, fuck me

both oasis and are numale trash

>you will never be on such an insane creative roll that you record songs like these and think "yeah, we'll put these out as B-sides"

youtube.com/watch?v=cyVMQ-1lJ6c
youtube.com/watch?v=nRxhU176QyI
youtube.com/watch?v=AMy-pTscB78
youtube.com/watch?v=kluI-nFlNtg
youtube.com/watch?v=6zCwvCmA5Ng

>be provided with several opportunities to solidify yoursef as a major star in America
>instead spend your performance time antagonizing the audience and your bandmates and making a general mockery of the whole MTV experience

youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g

Liam Gallagher is probably the ultimate alpha.

Blur's Popscene came out in '92 though and Modern life is Rubbish came out at the same time as Suede's debut,so yeah I'd still say Blur made the genre