How do we fix Half in the Bag?

How do we fix Half in the Bag?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MLVim0vTEkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't watch it. Why do you insist on listening to other's opinions on film? Make up your own mind.

Remove Jay

no more capeshit reviews. ever.

This is actually a damn good idea. I get they want clicks but it seems like they don't even bother reviewing something unless is has a 150 million+ budget.

We kill ourselves

>no aids faggot
>no beard faggot
>always has Mike in it
There's nothing to fix, it's a 10/10

The bearded one is too SJW, and feels akward when talking

Jay? In what way has he ever been SJW?

FUCK MOVIES

Have Jay wear less clothes

*fewer

no*

Thanks, Stannis.

More filmed sequences, which were the gimmick of the show in the first place.

Without them its just Mike and Jay saying "i liked this I didnt like this" and clips of the trailer.

Make them black

100%

Legally change their names to Dyke and Gay

kiddie pool filled with KY, they wrestle in it naked while they discuss film.

Have Hollywood make movies worth talking about.

If you're a white man with a beard and you're less than 40 years old than you are a sjw nu-male.

This.

They used Space Cop as an excuse to slack off on that bit but now that excuse is gone.
They need to get their shit together and stop being lazy with the show.
Now they started Re:View.. which I like.. but It seems like they don't want to do any of the fun stuff anymore... they're too young to be acting like boring old grandpas who have to sit in chairs all the time.

Jay needs to crack the whip and get Mike on a treadmill to work off that fucking booze-gut.

its only if you're balding and are trying to use it as compensation for your hair loss or your lack of any other masculine characteristics.

>More filmed sequences, which were the gimmick of the show in the first place.
Not really. The point of the show has always been the film discussions. They used to do more elaborate skits back when Half in the Bag was the only thing they did, but now they have multiple shows, thus less time to focus on the skits. Most people have always complained about the skits anyway.

>They used Space Cop as an excuse to slack off
They literally never did this. Find me one comment from them where they use Space Cop as an excuse.

If you weren't a leftist then you'd already have those masculine characteristics. There is a direct link between low testosterone and leftism.

holy shit this

Stop this shit:
>Jay: I liked it.
>Mike: It was subpar
>Jay: Yeah I guess you're right

They've reviewed 19 movies this year and only 6 of those have been capeshit

Despite the memes, this literally never happens. People that don't actually pay attention to their jokes or discussions try to point to the Jurassic World review.

Review stuff other than capeshit.

See

This.

Like Green Room or Stranger Things or Me Him Her or The Revenant or Hateful 8 or Krampus or Creed?

Forget about Half in the Bag. How do we fix Best of the Worst?

>inb4 every reply is hyperbole complaining about Jack and Josh despite the fact that they've been a part of RLM for a decade at this point and aren't going anywhere

Stop watching HiB episodes reviewing capeshit, they will catch the message.

You realize those episodes get 3 or 4 times more views than non-capeshit episodes right? And that's why they keep doing them. A dozen people on Sup Forums not watching them will literally have no impact.

hi josh

Vote Donald Trump -> fixes economy -> more artistic risks -> movies are better -> Make HITB Great Again

The entire point of the show is to review the big dumb blockbusters.

Thank you, your grace*

>fixes economy

Is this what Trump voters believe?

>we
>our show
>this youtube show with literal who's
you fuckers are pathetic

>lower taxes and regulations aren't going to improve the economy

Yes, yes we do.

Low tax doesn't improve the economy if the government spending falls or government debt increases to finance the low tax rate.

>Not making up your own mind and then hearing what others had to say and considering their thoughts based on their merit

But that's fucking wrong you piece of shit. Government spending doesn't improve the economy and a large national debt is a good thing as long as GDP is going up. You must follow the teachings of Saint Reagan. Lower taxes, lower spending, increase debt.

Someone post that collage of people who like Sup Forums on Facebook

Remove Jay and add a black brother, the tension between racist Mike and the brother will make the show hilarious.

In my experience the hard white elite are hardworking, intelligent and physically beautiful monuments of traditional masculinity.

add a second Jay

Add Rich to the reviews
Reviews of smaller films

Is he our guy?

Review more films starring women and people of color.

two mikes, no jay

So you would want two bored, miserable looking fatasses that put in no effort and very little to say in every video?

sure

Reagan increased spending, and significantly increased the size of government

Something like Half in the Bag is dependent on the quality of the films being released. Or, at the very least, how interesting they are to discuss. If the movies suck, how can you expect Half in the Bag to be much different? You can only say "yeah, this movie was whatever" in so many ways.

We could call it Sup Forums!

Or

We could call it Two in the bag!

youtu.be/MLVim0vTEkE

end every episode with a current affairs segment featuring jack or josh

They have though. A year or two ago they made a video where they apologized for not churning out new content because they were busy with space cop and footage for the doc of the dead.

Bring back the fucking qt's. Goddamn sausage factory around here.

we don't

it's too late

Link?

I'll wait.

this

also not half in the bag, but get jack a different wig for each video he's in

Yeah but if I did that I wouldn't be able to feel superior to everyone. Nice try faggot.

Agreed, and I'll expand on this.

The problem with the capeshit reviews isn't that they're capeshit and capeshit is bad, it's not because we hate capeshit. No. It's that all capeshit movies are pretty much the same. All the Marvel movies are the same, and all the DC movies are the same. They wind up just saying the same shit over and over.

They also don't care about these movies, and the reviews wind up being these passionless "whatever" reviews. They aren't just not informative (since, as stated, they just repeat themselves), they're also not entertaining because it's clear they don't give a fuck.

So why do they make them if they have nothing new to say and don't care? Money. Capeshit gets clicks. Those capeshit reviews are, in essence, clickbait. They're just as guilty of the clickbait videos they make fun of.

Essentially, again, no more capeshit reviews. Ever.

Now that you mention it, I do miss the skits. The silly storyline they had going was half of the appeal.

This to be honest. Its mostly Mike because Jay seems to still care about actually reviewing the movies and Mike just does his dismissal like he couldn't be bothered with the review. Also, to add to it. Reviewing capeshit takes no effort in their part, they've gotten lazy and they'd rather review the next Disney/WB movie than to tackle smaller movies where they would actually have to put effort in to reviewing and talking about it in length.

If you watch RLM for the reviews, you're doing yourself a diservice. There are better channels out there that analyze movies better. They are comedy reviews and they even manage to make their brand of comedy get stale and trash.

Unless Mike starts giving a shit again, nothing will change since Jay is too much of a cuck to actually want to change so he will keep behind Mike till they both plummet in to obscurity.

Like their reviews of the last circus, drive, her, etc?

Yeah sure.

Maybe it's the old "don't make your hobby your work" problem?

Probably, thing is if they were doing things right they would enjoy making the money they make on their hobby. Somewhere along the line Mike just lost his will to live. They'll just feed on patreon or whatever sort of donation service they can get their hands on and keep on with the same old tired format till they die or people stop caring. They comformed and don't have drive anymore. It really showed on the The Star Wars Awakens review, it felt like he did it because he had an obligation and not because he wanted to.

I predict by 2018 they'll reach Nostalgia Critic levels of mediocrity or worse, Spoony levels.

>Spoony levels
Come on now, he's not THAT bad. Definitely not worse than NC.

Nobody is saying they NEVER review smaller films, just that the main focus is the big ones.

I'm being too rough on Spoony, I suppose I mean he does have legit mental issues that cripple him. At least NC is consistent with his output of material and reviews. Spoony is by far a better reviewer than all of them in terms of comedy and actual technical reviewing of a movie as well as reviewing dumb shlock, also his early game reviews and DnD talk are amazing videos to watch. His boozing and prescription med cocktails fucked him over though and he can barely put anything out that isn't wrestling vlogs(when I last stopped watching his channels).

They e literally gone in the opposite direction of Nostalgia Critic and Spoony. Every couple of years, they've tried out a new format to expand on and do in addition to their existing material. It used to just be a Plinkett review once in a blue moon, then they added Half in the Bag. Couple years later, they also introduced Best of the Worst. Now they've recently added re:View. They've made feature films and weird stand alone videos in between as well. Whether you find RLM funny or not is up to you, but they're very clearly not lazy.

>Spoony is by far a better reviewer than all of them in terms of comedy and actual technical reviewing of a movie
Are you shitposting or do you genuinely belive this? Because if you're serious, then I know to completely ignore anything you say from here on out.

what a jabroni

Have you not watched early spoony? Like back in 2006-2010(Jesus Christ, its literally been a decade) his movie, videogame reviews were some of the best mix of comedy and actual reviewing of the movie/videogame around at the time. I feel in my opinion a lot of those reviews still hold up.

I guess I just don't like Mike, like I don't know. It most be me but the vibe he gives out on every video I've seen recently he feels like he doesn't want to be there and it makes watching the video annoying for me so I've stopped bothering.

They're an annoying bunch of assholes. Stop giving them views and also advertising them on here.

Jack is great. Very funny and talented.

that's because you idealize your own beliefs because you're just as mentally cucked as the cuckiest lib. Sup Forums is comprise solely of fat teenage neckbeards

economy has performed better under clinton and Obama than the 2 bushes and reagan

reagan raised taxes multiple times

I agree. Mike doesn't care (why would he, it's capeshit) and Jay tries his best to do what he can but, at the end of the day, it's capeshit, there's only so much you can say. This is especially true of the Marvel movies since they're so formulaic. They're both doing it for the cash which I can appreciate but the videos still suck.

>a new format
>plinkett: talking trash on movies
>half in the bag: talking trash on movies
>best of the worst: talking trash on movies
>re:view: talking trash on movies
None of that is new. It's just the same shit repackaged.

Nostalgia Critic and Spoony are trash, don't get me wrong, but RLM aren't any better.

>>plinkett: talking trash on movies
They're meticulously edited feature length dissections of movies, and they're not all negative even.

>>half in the bag
Reviews of new release films with a sit-com style wraparound.

>>best of the worst: talking trash on movies
This is your only point that's accurate.

>>re:view
Breaking down older films they love.

>meticulously edited
not impressive. 10 year old kids can edit

honestly this, the skits were at least half the fun

they're phoning it in these days

>10 year old kids can edit
Prove it. I mean, you're clearly a child by the way you think.

no u are

something something jews

AM I RIGHT?!!?

>AM I RIGHT
no

>Jack and Josh
wow i love both of these patriots

This XD

>They literally never did this
they literally did

I feel like they've watched a bunch of movies, and somehow think that makes them masterclass directors.

When in fact they've only made one movie that banked on "so good it's bad". They're know how to make reviews but they don't have experience with making a good movie.
They're kind of like every other kid from film school that does basic annalaysis of a movie and complains about popular shit selling well.