XXXTENTACION

Thoughts on his music, is he overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lS4D6F_vl40
youtube.com/watch?v=hwCLVBCNIt0
youtube.com/watch?v=qLKVB6-m3zE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the absolute state of hip-hop. middle class, drugged up manlet rapping about being a degenerate over soundcloud trash.

those damn niggers

his new shit is bad but some of things he put off were good. i feel like his holding same meme as death grips

"middle class"

hmmm, really makes me think. I bet you listen to Beethoven or some shit nigga lmao.

youtube.com/watch?v=lS4D6F_vl40

His new album was great, had to warm up to it first, also his melodic/sad songs are great to listen to when you in the feels.

There was something really going for him early on. Fame is definitely changing him

i spcifically didn't say black becaus there a way more white kids on the same vibe like lil peep, etc. my description applies to.

i like hip-hop just not this fucking retarded drivel. it's literally the metalcore of hip-hop. muh depression, just shut up faggot. it's soulles. brokehampton is a much more interesting newer act for example.

still blacks are filth and started the trend

I feel fame changed him a decent bit but not really musically imo.

"muh depression"

Yah, doesn't speak to you, so fuck off.

>le alt-right boogeyman
i literally said that a group with gay members is better and that i lik hip-hop. and depression in the context he uses it is a gimmick.

word

Except death grips are actually good

I think he's great. One of the few SoundCloud rappers i would describe as a genuine artist. Although the intro (the explanation) on his album was one of the cringiest things i have ever heard, i feel like all of his sad songs are genuine and pure, actually coming from his troubling experiences. Whereas I feel like too many rappers nowadays force themselves to write sad songs just to appear more well rounded. If u get co signed by kendrick u know ure doing well.

I'm listening to 17 right now for the first time, and as a non-fan of rap, I really like it. This is the first example of emo rap I believe in. The emotions seem genuine.

>non rap fan
Listen to actual rap first before you claim this is good

besides 17 which was a total disaster, hes got a lot of songs worth listening to, the guy has made diverse tracks, stuff like riot, vice city, i spoke to the devil, lets pretend we're numb, even his retarded bass boost crap is listenable, hopefully he releases something worthwhile soon because hes been acting like a faggot recently on social media

I have heard actual rap and it's shit. If this isn't considered "actual rap" then that just makes that much more sense that I'd like it.

it kind of makes me mad knowing people listen to this guy's lyrics and say he has vision or lyrical ability, and he even gets a shoutout from kendrick, and it just confuses the shit out of me and makes me feel like shit because not only is he a piece of shit, but he is horrible at rapping. i just dont get it. the production is good for him usually but he has almost nothing to do with that. how do you guys like this shit?

his character is by far the most redeeming thing about him.

>s
what the fuck? the abuse allegations? silencing the beat for XXL and talking immortal technique bullshit into the mic?? talking like a fucking buffoon?

How is he 'horrible' at rapping?

read the case report he beat a women with coat hangers inbetween minecraft sessions this guy kills me

>I'm nauseous, I'm dyin'
(She ripped my heart right out)
Can't find her, someone to—
(My eyes are all cried out)
Lost it, riots
(Gunfire inside my head)
I've lost it, riots
(Gunfire inside my head)

>doesn't speak to you
Christ

xd

I think he's an example of a rapper who was actually meant to be a rock musician.

I can see this, makes sense

actually laughed to the point of being cross eyed

nice meme

Hes awesome he should make more music

He does suck at rapping hes good at yelling rap lyrics though and making weird voices it sounds really hardcore over bass boosted beats

he should have died in 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=hwCLVBCNIt0
decent feature from x

hes a huge faggot but some of his songs are okay new album was dogshit and his fans are the rap equivalent of rick and morty see

17 is dope but this dude is fucking wack. I wouldn't fuck with anyone that shaves their eyebrows.
Agree with . Look At Me was helplessly generic and his singing is much better than his rapping

>his fans are the rap equivalent of rick and morty
Fuck no, not even close bruh.
Just was listening to this, damn.
I like his singing tracks a bit better.

So why couldn’t there be some experimental rock musician fuck to make music with X

his music is written like emo lyrics you would read on someones myspace page in the early 2000's but because it's over a hip-hop beat black people are like "aye he on some tortured shit bruh, listen to this is you have a heart" "dam man he changing the game"

No that’s Run the Jewels

If we get more Jocelyns I'm down.
I'd like to see Bon Iver do something with X to be honest.

His pre-17 music was awesome. King of the Dead honestly might be one of my favorite songs of all time.

17 was good but disappointing coming from him. He's made much better sad music in the past.

nah that belongs to someone else

literally just charles hamilton 2.0 but instead of boom bap it's for the booming 808s trap crowd
>has a near god-complex about how good his music is and how it's only for certain people
>has a very public image and in turn a very public look into self destructive nature
>the misunderstood outcast jim crow-lite hip hop artist with suicidal tendencies
he will probably be diagnosed with bi-polar disorder down the line too
as for the music it was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale genre but 17 didn't live up to the hype or what he made it out to be

youtube.com/watch?v=qLKVB6-m3zE

I TOOK A WHITE BITCH TO STARBUCKS