This is Coltrane's best. Prove me wrong

This is Coltrane's best. Prove me wrong.

It's boring and kind of blue (get it ) compared to THIS FUCKING EPIC!!!!!!!!

the objectively best album here

Coltrane is fucking boring, prove me wrong. He and Miles Davis are like the Beatles of jazz.

>soprano sax
instantly dropped. way to pick the most pussy sax there is. have some dignity, come on.

Agreeeed. I like this record as much or more than A Love Supreme

jesus, coltrane was THICC

This post gave me aids

His best is definitely a love supreme but my favorite things is my favorite coltrane release
Take this opinion at what you will Ive only listened to 8 of his albums

Jazzfags truly are retarded. Ask yourself why the genre is basically muzak today ruled by soulless technocrats. It's because of them and the useful idiots who imitative them.

here's a (you) for the effort

Theres good live jazz culture in certain places but in terms of record sales/what people are aware of yeah its fucked to death

Man, if only there was another huge American genre around the 50 and 60s that killed the mainstream appeal for Jazz. hmmm, let me put my thinking cap on.

I think his jacket is just open outwards

It doesn't matter. Plenty of other musical communities are insular and underground but still creative and thriving. Jazz is none of those things. Fusion took a great big shit on the American songbook and now nobody knows how to play with any feeling or sincerity.

He deuted with Thelonious Monk
Giant Steps

Blame blacks for that, they invent Blues and leave it for Jazz, as soon as Jazz isn't popular anymore they leave it for Fusion, as soon as Fusion isn't popular they leave it for Soul, as soon as Soul isn't popular they leave it for Funk, as soon as Funk isn't popular they leave it for Hip-hop.
I think you'll find that without European "technocrats" the genre would have died in the 60s. Atleast there are still people creating original music, the least can be said for Soul. And the standards are still taught all over the world you idiot.

gtfo

No, blame Wynton Marsalis and the rest of the Lincoln Center technocrat fucks. The second we tried to bottle up and academize jazz it died. It's fucking awful pretentious jamband shit now, what a waste.

>MAH MAH MILES DAVIS

*tips fedora*

Its only as if music is constantly evolving.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you know we on that Herbie wave

Just going to leave this here

this is the best. period.

john coltrane wasn't even the best coltrane

Ah yes because albums like Ole, Impressions and Ascension are typical jazz albums.

Anyway OP, good choice A Favorite Things is a 10/10 for me but I have to agree with

opbp

Om, Al's, and Ascension
Pleb

>He and Miles Davis are like the Beatles of jazz

Scaruffi believes otherwise

Don't you find it odd that serious music listeners of any other genre tend to dig deep to find better artists as opposed to circlejerking over the same three guys like Jazz dilettantes seem to do?

>serious music listeners
>jazz "dilettantes"

Obviously if they're dilettantes then they're not serious listeners

how is jazz ruled by soulless technocrats lol. of all currently genres it's probably the most grassroots.

don't you find it odd that for thousands of years art was about a canonical bodies of work but for the last 20 years avant teens have decided that they know better than experts and that the random shit they scraped off a toilet somewhere is superior to the work of the most acclaimed and accomplished artists in a field? and don't you think it's even stranger that the avant teens proceed to pretend as though they are the true fans of art and the people who have respect for canonical tradition are the "dilettantes"?

fuck those literature dilettantes who pretend cervantes, shakespeare, montaigne, dante, homer, and virgil are important right? and fuck bach, beethoven, and mozart too!

its also my fav

I like Giant Steps the best
ur gay