youtube.com/watch?v=Ff3AN604DyI
youtube.com/watch?v=IoXM0y_Qb8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nitro>poly

I want to protect this smile!

surf's up nibbas

Tung oiled natural>meme finishes.

Raw wood>tung oil

Sexy stuff, is that a Squire or Fender P=Bass? Mine is just a Squire, but I only paid $35 and got a good stand with it, she's served her purpose well.

May as well repost this here.

I'm looking for a cheap super strat that'll only ever be a bedroom guitar. Any thoughts on a JS22 dinky? Not interested in a Floyd, definitely want a hard tail.

Mine is actually a cheap copy by Monterey, about $200. Most of their instruments suck, but this one particular bass is great, it's pretty much my primary instrument. I'd like to get a Jazz bass soon, or maybe a fretless model.

That's not a hard tail, but the JS1X Dinky Minion is and it's $150

Don't be afraid to get a Squire Jazz Bass, my friend just bought one and it's actually pretty good for a lower end.

Squiers are pretty good quality as of late.

Oh right, didn't actually notice with the lack of a whammy bar.

This version is. I've looked at those JS1X Dinkys, but they're just too small for me.

God damn it. I really should pay attention to photos properly.

Thats still not a hardtail

Yeah, i've been looking at some Squire basses, they seem pretty affordable.

I know. I'd really like to know why the fuck it's possible to get a cheap shitty floyd knock off, but not a hard tail.

Nah. Thats a recipe for intonation disastee.

>walls literally being held together by tape.

Because people that play superstrats rarely don't want a tremlo of some sort.

T. shackshitter

Go practice your theory, Yui.

Savage

Aids. And yet the far more expensive models give you the option.

Post your living room

This was my room last night

By all means, keep posting pics of the Gabagool family. Doesn't change the fact that you live in a shack

m.soundcloud.com/nappysama/untitled-11717-925-pm

Whatcha think gg

Because expensive models are for experienced players that have realized that Floyds suck.

Nice lute. What are your favourite songs to play on it?

I live in shipping container, the walls already looked like that when I moved in. I'm not entirely sure what the tape is for, those are the only parts of the walls that have tape on them though.

Just permute every possible 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, note scale, learn their modes, then permute beyond-one-octave scales, learn their modes. Learn all the chords possible in all those scales. EZ PZ.

Man, I just want an affordable super strat that doesn't have a stupid fucking whammy bar. How difficult does that need to be....

I'm only a beginner so I haven't learnt any proper lute music yet, plus the highest string snapped because I was an idiot and mis-read the tuning information and tried tuning it too high. Not having that high string really makes a difference in what music you can play. I mostly play my own compositions, sometimes rock songs that I like. I'm currently putting together an album of early music songs, it's actually a pretty fun instrument to play. I don't have much experience with playing classical music, although I played upright bass in an orchestra for a few months back in 2012-2013.

They're out there.

I'm going to fuck the shit out of Romans mom, nut all up in those chubby brown cheeks

Just get a used hardtail Ibanez RG.

I get that this is probably a meme, but learning music is actually that easy if you put in the effort.

This but unironically

Interesting. I seem to recall Deans have an iffy reputation lately though.

I've been looking but can't actually find any near me.

Nah, they'e pretty good. But nothing in that price range is going to be spectacular.

Look into Rondo Music as well.

If you don't mind ordering from England, Andertons is running a great sale on some Charvels right now. Some hardtails on there

andertons.co.uk/charvel-pro-mod-epic-deal

Rondo makes good stuff, my problem with them is they can give you poor pickups, and the 7 string I got from then didn't have the frets filed down so it would cut up your fingers when you played. Wasn't bad the first time, but when you played a second time and scraped your scars it was ridilus

I'll keep an eye out for a Dean then.

Ah, I'd love one of those Charvel hardtails, but I can't justify the price and the postage alone would kill me.

>tfw Australia tax...

Unexpected shred (00:40):
youtu.be/rvj7vSo5vOg

Isn't this video from before Es-335s existed?

Holdsworth and Van Halen

>mfw

He's not actually playing it. THe guitarist that actually played it on the record died shortly after. THe replacement guitarist mimed it at first, then started actually playing it later.

I think the performance is from 58, not 55 like it says.

Correction, 1960

Upgraded my strat.

What do you guys think?

All the info I could find points to Franny Beecher being in the band from '54 and dying in 2014. Do you have a name for the other guitarist?

That's fucked up.

Why.

You literally butchered it.

Franny Beecher is the guy in the video. Danny Cedrone is the guy in the record.

It's a fukn strat, hard to make it shittier than it already is.

ytho

>Deformed body
>No control over tone whatsoever
>Budget Strat knockoff
>Shitty stickers
2/10

It's so retarded that I like it. Give it a new paint job

Should have done this.

youtube.com/watch?v=nrEar7dgVwI

so many haters
thanks
I'll look into this

I'm confused. Is that finish just a layer of plastic?

youtube.com/watch?v=pFOAH685KYE

That's basically what a modern (poly) finish is.

gross

Very cool factoid. I would never have known.

Is it considered plebian for me to be learning guitar for the sole purpose of playing soulful technical but kick-ass solos like Marty Friedman and Jason Becker

He didn't really learn any scales or theory. He completely made everything up for himself. He also didn't give a fuck about gear all that much either. the absolute disregard for theory and gear absolutely btfos gg.

It's fine, as long as you're comfortable with telling your dad you're gay.

wish the kiesel holdsworth sig was a bit cheaper. would love a tiny guitar like that.

Should I buy a used DS2 for $50?

>tiny guitar

where the fuck do i strum

On the body

I wanted to play wanky solos too when i first started. After achieving that, I got bored and wanted to learn actual chord progressions and slow melodic solos. Although, watching Jeff Waters makes me want to play some crazy solos/licks

youtube.com/watch?v=Ff3AN604DyI

funfact: Jeff Waters turned down an offer to join Megadeth and wanted to focus on Annihilator. Marty Friedman joined afterwards.

over the tone tubes

I have a shitty electric passed to me from a friend. I'm looking for a guitar in the $100 - $200 range, I really have no preferences other than it actually holding a tune for more than an hour and being well(ish) built. I'm looking to buy used because I don't think this is happening with a new guitar.

Is this reasonable or am I retarded.

hey i've had that beer, pretty good.

Anyone on here know how the FUCK to do a power chord into an artificial hormonic? I swear John Christ is a fucking wizard:

youtube.com/watch?v=IoXM0y_Qb8Y

Spend a bit more, maybe like $250 for a used Fender MIM Strat.

Should I buy a distortion pedal or whah first?

Is going through all the lessons on justinguitar.com the best way to learn the fundamentals?

Epiphone Les Paul standard

If you know nothing, whatever he's teaching can serve as a foundation for further learning. "Best" would depend on your particular goals. It wouldn't be the best for Flamenco. (An extreme example.)

These are good starts, my biggest thing is that there's no real guitar buying guides out there so pricing some guitars is difficult.

I'll always prefer Les Pauls over Strats aesthetically speaking. Beyond aesthetics I don't know any differences though.

I want to make cool sounds and sex noises on my guitar. I wanna be like the fat white dude with a mullet version of carlos santana. I want women to orgasm when they hear me playing my guitar so erotically and sensually, and all men be jealous of how badass i am. I want to fuck your mom and all her friends in their asses!

>going through local listings/reverb/eBay
>FENDER STRATOCASTER WITH $300 WORTH OF UPGRADES (squier)
>GIBSON epiphone LES PAUL L@@K

Fuck fundamentals then. Get some pedals and a Marshall JCM900 amplifier.

Maybe get a Dunlop Crybaby.

bump

In all seriousness im just a dude who loves music and wants to make interesting sounding things. im not at all interested in just playing popular songs or being in a band

You can block the trem with a piece of wood to make it a hardtail.