What are 2017's most disappointing albums?

What are 2017's most disappointing albums?

i'm sure most people have long forgot this album

The Machine That Made Us

HECK.

All of them

The lack of a new DG album
If you count NOTM, this is the first year they haven't released an album

>He listens to fantano

Shut

the photo album of my friends and I

for now

also Hidden Gabber was solid I guess..

The new WITTR was pretty underwhelming

Fuck off, this is their best since LYSFLATH

Oh shit, this
I actually blocked Humanz from my memory

The more I listen to Born on a Gangster Star the better it gets, but I’ll admit Jealous Machines still hasn’t clicked yet.

a few good tracks but most of it is really bland generic Maus

So fucking bad.

a few good tracks but most of it is really bland generic Ariel

Ty Segall for sure
Fried Shallots was decent though

Haha aw shiiii

DTBJ is aoty

let me guess you're a fatbongo drone

listening to it right now for the first time

jesus fuck this is bad. what went wrong?

Ok listen up you fucking dickhead, I LOVE Ariel Pink, more than you, guaranteed. Bubblegum Dreams and Time to Live are some of my favorite tracks he's ever done. Don't ever accuse me of being a drone of that tasteless melon. Apologize to me right now.

I wish it never happened

It’s still good, but 2nd worst after Neon Bible imo

Honestly their best album, but nobody understands the energy of it. So great 10/10

Lmao
>being this booty slammed

To be fair, you’re right imo though

Fuck off, this is unironically a 9/10

>people with taste this shit are allowed to post

Bet you forgot about this one. Wish I had.

bonobo has always been shite

xiu xiu's album

Dial M For Monkey was a solid album. It's just hard to remember/realize now because chillout music is lame as fuck.

No one's talking about this album anymore, desu

Did people initally talk about Big Sean?

kind of fucked up by having a full leak like 2 full months before release

Fever Ray - Plunge
Gorillaz - Humanz
LCD Soundsystem - American Dream
Arcade Fire - Everything Now
Kendrick Lamar - Damn

Street Sects

Damn was exciting though, marked a new transition for him.

heaven upside down

these are more like 6/10s than absolute bombs though

Agree with these, bonobo and gotillaz were pretty bad imo, maus was just underwhelming

Wah no way, probably my aoty

Most disappointing is no MGMT album

Delete this right now!
RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!

t. people who get easily impressed and have no criteria

>and have no criteria
Oh the fucking irony.

It's a good album but I expected much more from him

+
Grizzly Bear
Cloud Nothings
Spoon
Future Islands

people who think that is their best since LYSF should off themselves, especially when post-rock is almost a dead stinky pile of shit of a genre at this point where even GY!BE fell for the insipid crescendo-core meme, now a band with an arsenal of guitars who don't know jack shit what to do with them.

The only way someone can say that LT is bad is if they have no experience with post-rock or GYBE. How to recognize a good album? See how many similar, albums you can find. LT stands out not only from post-rock but from GYBE own discography as well. It's not their best but it's good enough considering band's age and genre's health.

P.S. Unnecessary comma

This

No

Fuckt up with
It's good.

>LCD Soundsystem both yes and no
Wut

Spoon was good, wtf, WhisperIlllistentohearit is one of their best tracks of all time

>The only way someone can say that LT is bad is if they have no experience with post-rock or GYBE
>It's not their best but it's good enough considering band's age and genre's health

This proves my previous point, you get easily impressed by anything. LT sounds like a generic copycat of GY!BE without the delicate composition.

Even if it sounds "different" (whatever the hell that means to you) it doesn't justify that it isn't their worst, or that even one of the best bands of said genre can't do proper shit this time and sound as uninspired as ever. If anything Luciferian is another nail in the coffin for post-rock.

this was so disapointing after how brilliant HCE was

Either this or Humanz

Came here to post this. Fucking Manson.

Shit album, but great tour.
He's still same old manson live luckily.

But those singles were awful.

>great tour.
Are you fucking kidding me, he is awful live, like he always has been. Especially for the last ten years

King krule was really fucking bland, someone needs to take his reverb pedal away.

>didn't see the gun fiasco

Classic manson.

I did, that doesn't make for a good performance though.

At least he isn't promoting "love beats hate" like most industry faggots.

He could at least learn how to sing his songs properly. And what kind of thing is he even promoting right now? The dude is pretending like he has something to say in his newest albums and tours, but he has fucking nothing to send, which he used to have, his music lost energy and all the amazing musican ship that was there in the Triptych era, not just that though, it lost any meaning or message.

I would say he's been a little reinvigorated. He's exploiting the tension globally well.
Normies must get triggered hard.

>Normies must get triggered hard.
I wish, but no one really cares, people only write about him when he gets into fued with Bieber, or part of the stage falls on him harming him.

what went wrong?

It wasn't disappointing, it's clear gorillaz are shit

This.
He's no longer relevant. Nothing he says or does is shocking or controversial anymore. The stuff that made him infamous 20 years ago is now the PC mainstream stuff. He also got fat and old. When you're that, you're neither sexy nor threatening, so singing about sex or violence is just cringy. He is clearly out of ideas and is just continuing to beat the same dead horse that was already a pulp by now.

a long procession of disappointment since PIB.

The new weezer was a total betrayal again, the new mount eerie is the worst parts of sauna distilled. also the new fever ray is just full tumblr garbage.

I liked it.
Why is that.

No, it marked him stepping back into his comfort zone and making an bland trap album like everyone else

WRONG

>Spoon
Nah mate HOT THOUGHTS was great

> Hiss
How does it feel to this retarded? How do you function in real life? I'm scientifically curious.

dunno man. i feel demon days and the self titled were really good albums

not true

maybe i don't like bogged down shitty doom with melodies that sound written by an ape.

Fucking hell I almost forgot about these

yep a ton of low-tier hip hop albums and boring indie albums, scaruffi is lucky this year not to review barely anything since all of it would be 5/10 to 7/10 at best

I liked it although peripheral vision was much better

"No"

coming off CV2 (one of their best and a return to form IMO), i had high expectations. but it's just a bunch of kind of boring samey trance. not really the inventive sound design i listen to them for. i like the cover art tho

MASSEDUCTION

AOTY imo
can't say i really expected that to be good

It's definitely a grower. Just hard going into it without expecting super catchy pop tunes like on BGTTFD

classical mushroom is my old fave

Could've been such a great return to form. Could've...

it managed to be even worse than delta machine somehow