Why do you watch baseball??

Recently, baseball has become a minor sport, and most of the viewers are older people who do not like bat flip. Nowadays, baseball is really boring without star players. Why are you watch a baseball? huffingtonpost.com/laura-hanby-hudgens/the-decline-of-baseball-a_b_9630782.html

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2015/05/18/baseball-is-beating-the-nba-and-nhl-playoffs-in-local-tv-ratings/#205b774b369b
slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2017/04/seventy_years_after_jackie_robinson_mlb_is_still_a_white_man_s_sport.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do you care?

I don't know why people watch baseball.

Because they enjoy the sport.

Sorry, but the baseball is dying thing is the biggest sports myth there is.

A lot of these "journalists" uses ESPN ratings to make their case, which is retarded since baseball fans will likely be watching their own teams on a regional sports network over a nationally televised game.

And regionally, baseball outdraws the NHL and NBA playoffs.

forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2015/05/18/baseball-is-beating-the-nba-and-nhl-playoffs-in-local-tv-ratings/#205b774b369b

Participation is fine:

>Baseball and softball combined to rank as the most participated team sport in 2016, according to the annual report by the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, a leader in sports participation research.

The only people who peddle the myth (left-leaning journalists) are those interested in seeing apehoop supplant it because they think since a lot of black people play basketball, it's "progressive" and "diverse."

Case in point:
. slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2017/04/seventy_years_after_jackie_robinson_mlb_is_still_a_white_man_s_sport.html

Fact is the MLB is the most diverse league out of the Big 4.

>huffington post
Your post may be completely true, but the fact that you posted that horrible website made your opinion irrelevant

They probably enjoy it. I know I do. I believe baseball also does fine locally, much better than the NBA and NHL do.

>huffington post
wew

Wow..... No one watched it in 94?

there was a strike

Because of strike. How can you less know than me ?

Probably not included because of the lockout.
>tfw Felipe and the Expos were robbed

>dat phillies resurgence

arent all cable ratings down?

i dont want to read huffpo

>2013

All those teams were terrible were in 2013. And the dipshit who made that conveniently left out Los Angeles and Boston, both of which had winning teams.

Let's how baseball does in "Lebron crazed" Cleveland.

>The club’s April 11 home opener against the White Sox drew a SportsTime Ohio single-game record with a 19.58 household rating.

That's higher than any regular season Cavs game ever.

Baseball was the first love of my life.

It's a traditionalist sport

America's pastime

Why does the nu-left hate baseball so much?

basedball is the most comfy sport though

>Why are you watch a baseball?
holy shit I read that in a gook accent and laughed pretty hard

baseball is fine and will never die

maybe one day they may shorten the schedule but that won't happen for decades if it even does happen

MLB has not done a good job of marketing their players since the end of the steroid era but they have a done of money in the coffers to start marketing whenever they feel like that's necessary. A lot of the top players are high profile within their own cities, yet very rarely is this the case with NHL players in American cities.
Whenever MLB feels like it needs to feed its stars to the tabloids it will start doing so.

That was the dodgers year and it wasn't even close
The braves had nothing on them that year

You misspelled Yankees wrong. That was going to be Mattingly's first and only WS ring

>Phillies have been shit since 2011
>Less people want to watch them as a result

Shocking.

Because it's on and I like watching the pitching

>Huffington Post

This is the most accurate and underrated post.

>Huffington Post
tabloid garbage.

Biggest issue with MLB is that there are a lot of broadcasting restrictions that don't apply to football. Cuts viewership by a huge amount.