/daily/ - Music Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/62ckXALWn1M?t=33s
youtu.be/62ckXALWn1M?t=53s
youtube.com/watch?v=t6T_DCe5bt0
youtube.com/watch?v=s8G3Xtx3xwM
youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A
rateyourmusic.com/~selib
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/busdriver/perfect-hair-1/
instagram.com/p/BbM-Wspge3g/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hiatus_kaiyote/tawk_tomahawk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I gotta lot of shit to do tomorrow and I gotta sleep

eurobros if this thread is dead when I wake up I'm gonna be pissed

I'm new to daily and not sure what to do. what do i do here?

>Horaflora - The Gland Canyon
>EAI
Some slicing on here that sounds like it belongs on house tracks, but put to heavy hums, glitch, and tribal rhythms. Wanders quite a lot, and most likely meant to be heard live.
6+

>Kassel Jaeger - Fernweh
>Field Recording, Musique concrete
Malice and beauty. A-Side AND B-Side are both moving. If you like Helm, specifically for mixtures of brightness and nasty drones, listen to this.

>Zeitkratzer - Whitehouse electronics
>Industrial Electroacoustic
I thought this was going to be Power Noise but there's a whole performing chamber group here, christ. It's Whitehouse's sound interpereted by a acoustic instrumentation, and the result is just as grinding and intense as you'd expect. It reminds me of Michael Gordon's Dystopia with much more disarray, and it kinda washed over me without effect. Not bad for a 27 minute album.

>Robert Horton - Adronal Music
>Electroacoustic, Avant Folk
Strangely whimsical and psychedelic folk. March of Endless Worries stood out, for the somewhat familiar filtered brushes on drums, as well as Swing Path's post-minimalist accordion. Not amazing, but pretty varied.
6+

>Courtis/Moore - Brokebox Juke
>Free Folk, Electroacoustic
So this... is the power of free folk... and psych/post rock...

There's some dainty moments, dragged through the mud by haunting strings or corrosive guitars. Lots of buildup, the good kind, and a great finishing track.

Make charts
rate albums
share thoughts
expand taste
don trips
autistically argue
post memes

so that's why the dl took so fucking long
i should really check these things beforehand

The usual concept is to make a calendar and listen to one album per day

Here's a chart of our tastes if you're wondering

Whoever curates/keeps this chart up to date, my stuff needs a desperate update

>Ensemble Dastan stays
Other two replaced with
>Lingua Ignota - All Bitches Die
>Huun Huur Tu & Bulgarian Voices Angelite - Fly, Fly My Sadness

if possible

Dude did you miss the like three threads a couple weeks ago :-p
Basically I'm gonna curate it from now on and update it about once a month so yours will be fixed soon B)

>the like three threads a couple weeks ago :-p
yeah I've been away so probably yes

>so yours will be fixed soon B)
:^) Kewl!

Ah!
Also I'm kinda mad that you're gonna remove Batlord

>Also I'm kinda mad that you're gonna remove Batlord
Still consider it among the best metal albums tho, just fell from the super top echelon of all time albums.

So... which thread should we post into?

Mew - Nothingness and No Regrets

Nyar wins the tiebreaker!

Onto the next round :0

i kinda wanna do a tournament as well.

how do i start one? do i just say "hey ima do a tournament. send me albums"

>Pisces - A Lovely Sight

First experience with a Numero Group release, always seen em in record stores. Anyways, this is fantastic. Some experimental stuff here, below something like United States of America but sounds better than something like July. This is what you think The Velvet Underground sounds like before you listen to them.

>The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat

So uh, I've actually only heard TVU&N. Wow, this is amazing. Way better than TVU&N, god that albums a bore. I wasn't too far off actually. Pisces is kind of like a middle ground between White Light / White Heat and TV&U but with less spoken word and more effects. This is great though. Those two notes on the opener, youtu.be/62ckXALWn1M?t=33s and youtu.be/62ckXALWn1M?t=53s are beyond perfect. The Gift was fun, the dark turn surprised me. Being a fan of long songs from the late 60s that aren't prog, Sister Ray was a treat. I finally get the SHE'S TOO BUSY SUCKIN ON MY DING DONG reference, I thought he was gonna say that once or twice but nah, Lou Reed shouts it all throughout.

>Trifle - First Meeting
This just in: Progressive Jazz-Rock is still boring! Nothings repulsive, but nothing's really "great." The saving grace is the non-prog non-jazz rock song that I discovered it through because it was sampled in some Faithless track. Save your time, just listen to youtube.com/watch?v=t6T_DCe5bt0 and pretend the rest of the album sounds like it.

I've never listened to next to no synth punk or minimal synth, especially not the essentials. If I like this, what should I listen to? youtube.com/watch?v=s8G3Xtx3xwM

Yes
Can i reserve a spot

Also, if I like this, what should I listen to? youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

Yes
Feed me jack - anatolia

hell yea

what album do u recommend?

here's my rym btw:
rateyourmusic.com/~selib

You have to pay the toll first.

holy shit try and keep up you dense fuck its not like youve been here at least a month

This boy

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/busdriver/perfect-hair-1/

Hooray! What sort of album should I rec for round 2? And tell me your thoughts on angles 9 and that Jens Lekman song

instagram.com/p/BbM-Wspge3g/

(Post the template)
Todd Terje - It’s Album Time

loool

so which one is the right thread?????

oh nooooooo

Fish linked to this thread in the last thread tho

both at the same time

nice

Lol

is like having two realities, like in that rick and morty episode

it's uncertainty

> If I like this, what should I listen to?
Solid Space - Space Museum
Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft - Alles Ist Gut
The Units - Digital Stimulation
Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express
Suicide - s/t

Only if you don't put it on Reddit mr r/indieheads mod

oh also check out Oppenheimer analysis - New Mexico

thanks my man. I'll make a chart of brief chart of favorites and a listen list, and see where it goes. I've been kind of disillusioned with the whole board lately so maybe spending time in /daily/ will be the next logical progression

>put on Quatuor pour la fin du temps
>from the first notes I see where Jonny Greenwood ripped off half of the score for The Master
wew

seeing jurg frey tonight!

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hiatus_kaiyote/tawk_tomahawk/

This thing is so fucking beautiful, damn....

anyone got a preferred version of Quatuor pour la fin du temps?

i wake up and there's two threads now? The heck?

you made the 2nd one you dolt

>new thread wasn't linked in the last thread
this is how we've done it for years for literally every thread unless it died early

so no, I made the first one

>not ctrl+f+"daily"ing the catalog

>not just having one tab open as a designated "/daily/ tab" while opening new threads when bump limit is reached and riding that until the threads end forever
literally who doesn't do this

I have like two tests and a big project due this week but I wanna do a tourney super bad

someone hmu with the pentagon shaped one that herb guy made and I'll make it probably after my current chart

just gonna streamlline this and delete my thread

migrate
migrate

well great, I can't delete a post this old. Super.

I guess lets just let this thread die and everyone migrate to nat's thread

This is now a /daily-without-tripfags/ thread, come on anons