What's your favorite horror movie? Mine is The Thing

What's your favorite horror movie? Mine is The Thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2MO-GFfMWyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Evil Dead because it makes me feel like I could make a horror movie

If we can include horror comedy, I really like The Return of the Living Dead.

One of my favs

Yes let's.

In that case evil dead II and army of darkness.

This movie is also one of my favorites

Event Horizon.

I love the concept so much I even enjoyed the prequel. Wouldn't mind seeing a monster like the thing pop up in some future production.

Tucker and Dale Vs Evil.

Legit

There are so many shit movies out right now. I guess Sinister was pretty good?

That one got me a few times but I'm not a fan of jump scares.

Will check it out but I'm not a huge fan of the serial killer genre.

Fuck sakes, sorry I meant to post this.

This motherfucker calls the girls from thier attic, thats terrifying. Serial killer living in your attic.

That's more like it

youtube.com/watch?v=2MO-GFfMWyA

The Thing is nothing short of a classic.

I couldn't agree more, is a beatiful gorefest. One thing tho, is not a Horror film is a Slasher.

I opened this thread to post this but no need

One thing is for sure, many people will post a bunchload of Slasher Films, remember: If the characters die one by one, is a slasher. Usually Horror films deals with the minds of the people, as The Babadook

Brains? More Brains... Watching this thing biting into the cranium of the poor sod makes me cringe, like the screeching sound of someone scratching a blackboard.

truth be told

sausage party

i can't handle the visuals; unfeeling organic things suddenly being able to experience an environment that isn't meant to be sensed

from their perspective horror is the mundane, the ever day. its terrifying to put yourself in that world.

and certainly not something you wanna dwell on while high.

My Life: The OP Story

kys yourself

The exorcist - thought it was overhyped and generic but actually watched it.

Yea fucking classic

Film made me obsessed with zombie/contagion films ever since.

Send more paramedics

thats a hard one. Horror doesn't age well, not literally and not subjectively. its hard to watch any horror film twice and feel the same horror, and doing it kinda ruins the first experience for you. my favorite horror film is generally the last one i watched. For me that was 'mother'. jesus christ that was unsettling. i know its not 'true horror' but the nightmare logic worked so well, i had never seen a more realistic dream sequence in my life, and it wasn't even a dream. and for two hours? jesus. that was a good watch.

the more recent annihilation also comes to mind though thats not intended to be a horror film, it definitely felt like one. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to go to the cinema soon. im seeing it AGAIN tomorrow, though even if i dont find it as terrifying i will find it just as beautiful. that screaming scene though jesus christ.

as for classics im big on nightmare on elm street and all of its sequels. its a sort of 'nostalgia for something I wasn't alive for' kinda deal. dreams, nightmares, sleep are all big things wtih me. I'm actually in the middle of editing my first horror film and its about insomniacs.

Didnt discover this til I was in my 20's. Released a part of the big trouble little china era/ed of the world series thar john carpenter made. Forgotten gem

This is probably the goriest movie i've ever seen. I can't believe Peter Jackson directed this. It also goes by the name Braindead in New Zealand. This movie is hilarious.

Underrated, best horror around.

Get Out because of its powerful message and amazing black director Jordan Peele
This movie deserves every Oscar

the dark knight is the perfect movie

fuck you. its terrifying.

Back door slut 9

to think that Sam and Bruce and the rest of them were just homies and went into the woods and made one of the best horror movies ever is just really cool

the original is great. very underrated. when the guy would call... shit gave me goosebumps

Are you on pcp?!?!

babadook was great. not my favorite but it's awesome. don't care what anyone says

kys yourself

my nigga

wow

respect the trips newfag

>only two seeders in torrents

is it really worth it?

Slashers are horrors. It's a subgenre.

The vvwitch.

I am sorry, did I hurt your feelings you big silly doodoo head?

no its shit

That is literally the fucking scariest motherfucking movie I've seen. In part because it was a boner thriller yet ate my soul as that skele was scary af.

Its just low-budget.

>not a huge fan of the serial killer genre
Why not?

God I just wanna blow my load on your microwave..

low budget horror thrives just fine, but two seeds and a 2.5 star rating says a lot

Just saw this shit tonight. Was okay but I feel as though it was kind of try hard and made the ending shit. I liked the atmosphere and vibe from it tho. Also hot af witch must've blew caleb so many times he went cold.

This film effected me in a way other films never have. It's a shame every film tried to copy

Only the first one was good or rather the old ones.
>pre2000

if you haven't seen the Void go find it at once. Not a similar story but you will definitely enjoy it.

That's right, but John Leguizamo

I jacked off to this film....

Wild West Horror movie. Love it.

Do you faggots even Horror?

Damn good film!!!

Nigga what if I told you I was telling the truth tho...

Do you faggot even know englay? ENGLAY?

Ex Machina.

It's like that shit.

Weekend At Bernie's 2 VS Fulci's Zombie 2
Zombie shark fights

It's honestly the ONLY horror movie that has caused me to lose sleep. Either you think its a few retards waving around a video camera or you legit find it scary. Im one of the people that find it scary.

Exorcist III was surprisingly good - this scene alone scared the hell out of me...

When this movie came out it was widely ignored.

The last 6 or 7 presidential elections + the next one.

It had bad timing. Critics panned it because it was a remake, and audiences were too busy watching E.T.

I suppose. I guess I'm a little biased with the older exorcist films as those genuinely gave me chills but then again I saw it as a kid. Also sixth sense wasn't bad.

Insidious

80's Thing was a remake?

Re-Animator
I spit on your grave
Nosfarato.

>
>Exorcist III was surprisingly good - this scene alone scared the hell out of me...

God I loved this movie. The carp... And the acting was amazing

Stuart Gordon == wet, nasty, scary special effects. None of that shitty CGI

NO!!!

yeah, original was from the 50's. aged like a black woman covered in milk.

The Thing is very mediocre...I dont know why it gets hyped here...thats what made me watch it a few weeks ago and i was like meh..

meh. First one was scary but the rest were just kind of whatever. I only thought it was scary as a kid because I was dumb and naive thinking that shit happened for real.

Yup. The Thing From Another World was a Howard Hawks produced movie. It was released during a time when horror movies were aimed at kids though, so it has a different sensibility.

>based on a true story

interesting, thanks!