I say, get liquored up and take 'em to the Peach Tree Dance

I say, get liquored up and take 'em to the Peach Tree Dance

I just shit my pants

Thanks for engendering those feels again OP. Jesus fuck that was intense.

Good post.

>only reference to women in the entire run time from Daniel
>at a bar with Henry where there actually are liquored up women heard in the background
>Daniel completely pissed in the corner

what did PTA mean by this

what did he mean by that?

>I think if I saw that house today it would make me sick

what did he mean by this? sick from too many milk shakes?

he doesn't have *any* relationships, not just with women. He is a soulless enterprise magnate.

Likely had a bad childhood and doesn't want to be reminded of it. Henry mentions him hating his father and he's protective of children.

impotent =/= incontinent.
He is a family man. In fact, this is his son and business partner, H.W.

JUST A BASTARD IN A BASKET

He was very close to HW

What was the Peach Tree Dance? Was he trying to make a joke here?

I think it's some reference or inside joke to the childhood he and "Henry" shared. "Henry" barely reacts and Daniel starts looking at him with intense suspicion

>yfw Henry was played by this man

was he autistic?

HEY DANIEL
IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE I'VE GOT ALL THE BANDY TRACT

HEY HENRY
IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE PIPELINE

what an actor

that's acting right there

you see the subtleties there leo?

it's something you can never fucking do but they gave you an oscar anyway because memes

at that point he was already suspicious so he's not gonna bang broads and let down his guard around henry.

for the first time in his adult life he finally opened himself up to (who he thought was) his brother, and he was betrayed

>implying he could have gotten it up anyway

he unintentionally dropped a shibboleth on henry and henry didn't "get it"

I know the line about being impotent is present in the screenplay but I think there's a reason PTA left it out of the actual film. imo it cheapens the whole story if all his misanthropy and ambition can be explained away by impotence

I'm not saying it explains everything about his character, and I also understand and appreciate that the line was left out, but the dude is still most definitely impotent imo.

women steal your time and money and Daniel didn't love a single thing. He really only lusted over power and money

>Daniel didn't love a single thing
He loved his adopted son... but he hated that he did lol.

>his career reached greater heights than brendan fraser

>tfw everyone but me got invited to the Peach Tree Dance

Underrated post.

Thanks OP, now I need to watch this again. I aspire to be like this great man.

>getting angry when asked about fucking women
was he gayu-,?
no the house represented richness when was young and had no money. at the beach the house was already too cheap for him

YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL

he meant by that The Peach Tree Dance was the local annual dance in whatever bumfuck hick town he comes from and his fake brother had no idea what he was talking about.

also his brother was Benny from the mummy

Anyone else remember watching this for the first time and having the realization that henry was a grifter at the same time as daniel and having the same emotional reaction?

>grifter
fuck dude, don't reference that even accidentally...

Why was he such a monster?

What went wrong?

Where does it imply he was impotent?

I

DRINK

YOUR

Capitalism fought religion and won

MILKY

Ye

SHIT

so what was the name of the farm next to the boathouse at hereford?

big guy ranch

I thought he was talking about getting drunk with girls and fucking them under the peach tree

How the fuck would I know?

what peach tree?

DAT FILE NAME THO

I think it's possible the dance was a lie, and the lack of any reaction either way was the tell

>what should we name our great new town in this land we've settled by our own hands Cletus?
>Hereford, because it's here

Didn't he not know he had a brother until he showed up? It's been a while so I could be wrong. But if that's the case it's not a shibboleth