This movie is objectively shit.

Dubs confirm.

Agreed

Refn is a hack

OP is objectively a pleb

all refn movies are shit, specially Drive

I bet you like the films of David O Russel

No, I don't even know who is David O Russel

>Refn will never make a film even half as good as the Pusher series or Bronson ever again

oh well at least we got those, he has completely jumped the shark now thought

3 pure shit movies in a row

Besides fear x and bleeder which I haven't seen yet, he hasn't made a single bad movie

On the plus side it can be watched at 2x without missing anything

>give me more shitty Dogme knock-off crime movies

miles better than the shit hes been putting out lately

I bet you also think that the primary function of a film is to tell a story.

Do you even know the difference between story and plot, you turbo nigger?

>only god forgives was good

thanks for revealing youre a hipster faggot so early on, now I dont have to waste more time with you

bye

Both are irrelevant in a film.

I'm not saying his latest films are good but they are still miles ahead just in terms of aesthetic of generic gritty crime thrillers of the sort that may have been groundbreaking in the 70s dominated by the Scorsese's and Hill's that populate your dad's taste.

It is clear you have no idea about what you are talking about. No they are not irrelevant, you're just saying that because you don't know the first thing about it lol.

Interesting how there's not a single argument in your post that ends with a "lol" that is in all likelihood indicative of tears of desperation rather than those of amusement.

what did the triangle mean?

What are you doing namedropping 70s filmmakers?

Showing you what cultural era you think you're in.

The elite love making their sick fantasies reality and the fashion industry is a major tool that helps them see that end

4 girls, 4 triangles, Elle is the upwards facing one beset on all sides by her enemies.

The female form
Corrupted from virginal, serene blue to deflorated, aggressive red

I don't get the ending. Was refn trying to channel lynch or something?

It looks cool

ITT: Mad plebs who think they are patrician

This film made me want to move to California.

is that weird?

Its a giant shithole and about to be legit 3rd world country tier so yes

>"Refn, where is this going? A movie is supposed to have a beggining a middle and an end"

>"I dunno lets just have them eat her and one of them is a witch"

It's honestly a pretty good movie and not nearly as pretentious as people say if you only consider the first 2/3. That ending section is just awful though

One of the few directors I would honestly call a hack to his face

To plebs.

out of interest, what did people dislike about the film?

Personally i loved it and while i can understand people disliking it due to some of the imagery and themes, some people here seem to really hate it

Only correct answer. Name-dropping faggots who want to appear better than other plebs just make up shit to feel superior without realizing directors just put shit cause it looks cool. These movies are shallow and you might as well look at a catalogue of stock photos and landscapes.

Fuck you, we have a bigger economy than like all of the midwest put together. Only thing I hate about where I live is there's too many conservitards (orange county) and it's fucking hot all the time. Even in winter it gets hot sometimes, the only time I've seen snow was when I went to Juarez mexico in 2010.

>Im 15 years old: The Post