vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They pay off the general public.

I've come to bargain.

>projected

$750 million my ass.

>literally needs 940 million to just break even

Kinda sad really

Market research, quips, and fun. It also helps that Marvel, unlike DC, has TONS of well known iconic characters that have had toys, action figures, comics, tv shows, cartoons happening for 40 years prior to this...

DC basically just has Superman and Batman and the general public doesn't care about the others. However, I'd say the general public knows about Spider Man (and therefore most of his most famous villains), Thor, Cap, The Hulk, Wolverine, and a lot of the X Men.

Kevin Feige is a marvel fanboy working for disney at marvel and he's the one calling the shots.

Kevin Tsujihara just wants to make money.

One gives a shit about the story and make money but, the other one just wants to make money.

See how it happens?

The DC films REALLY need to be taken away from the suits, and put into the hands of the folk who actually give a shit about the property. There's a lot of good stories and characters and their disposal, and their just going ruin public perception of them at this rate.

Marvel and DC for that matter have proven that character knowledge isn't a requirement to sell.

General public didn't know much if anything about Guardians, Strange, Iron Man, and the non pasty white members of Suicide Squad.

Yeah, maybe domestic only.

Magic

Kevin Geige is a massive SJW who has robbed all freedom from Marvel directors

vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html

But how does paying people make them more munny?

From what I saw of the Suicide Squad trailers, The Joker, Harley Quinn and Will Smith were who they sold the movie with. These are not unknowns.

Do MCUcks do anything but brag about how much money their jew overlords are making?

We have fun. You should try it sometimes. Go fly a kite, kid.

>caring about how much money capeshit makes

are you a shareholder OP? If not, kill yourself

>budget of $150mil
>needing $940 to break even
simply ebin

Yeah sure is fun bragging about corporate money you shill fucking shit.

Is she talking about Evans?

>Will Smith
I didn't know DC had created Will Smith!

I don't think I said they did. I think I said he was there to be marketed as someone recognizable.

I just got back from a showing, it was pretty good but the story was just Iron Man with a sped up backstory and with magic. I liked the special effects a lot actually and it was pretty fun imo.

I only know Strange from MVC3 so I wasn't expecting a lot honestly.

Does anyone have the scene where he pretty much goes on an acid trip? It gave me some good flashbacks

The whole movie was like that painting with the stairs I don't know the name of.

This is actually a good movie for capeshit, the problem is its just too late

Theres too many, coming out every fuckign 2 weeks it seems like

this comic shit needs to be put to bed

Focus groups

Just quip my shit up senpai

They feel the need to be interconnected which makes it feel more like an ensemble cameo stretched out into two hours.

Guardians and other movies like Strange could stand on their own even if they're leading to sequels.

By creating completely middle of the road crowd pleasing flicks.

they needed another person to spearhead the mcu since manlet rdj wants to drop out of it.

I don't brag. I watch the movies and have fun.

The story wasn't that good but I'd watch it again for the visuals for damn sure.

Dude, just don't watch them.

>Market research
>Focus groups
These. If the rumors around the Rogue One reshoots are to be believed, every movie out of the Disney factory is extensively focus tested to have "four-quadrant appeal", the directors' individual vision be damned.

>focus-tested bland capeshit paid off
>Sup Forums celebrates this

>fun things are fun
>contrarians complain about this
I'd rather keep watching these things for the next 20 years than sit through another BvS.

>it's fun bro just turn off your brain and don't mind it's literally just Iron Man with more quips it's fun xD
I hope you die in a fire, you capeshiteater

I hope you have a lovely evening and enjoy your favorite movies.

>literally just Iron Man
Beyond the fact that both characters start off as rich arrogant assholes, what exactly does it have in common with Iron Man?
>Stark becomes a hero with his own science and by embracing his forte to satisfy his own crisis of conscience
>Strange becomes a wizard by learning magic and abandoning everything he was before in order to find a new purpose in life after he loses what he had

replace robot with magic and you got Dr Quips. The reshot scenes were also painfully obvious. DUDE MORE QUIPS LMAO

Its okay, I enjoy teletubees and marvel flicks as well. Too bad I have to change my diapers half way through because marvel films even though aimed at 8 year olds like myself are still too long!

>main villain of Iron Man is someone Tony has known most of his life, Tony defeats him by being more familiar with the technology he himself created
>the main villain of Doctor Strange is a monster from another dimension Strange has no experience with, he wins by exploiting a gimmick he could only hope would work
I don't know man. You might have to open it up a little on how they're supposedly the same.
>The reshot scenes were also painfully obvious
I agree with you.

This movie was utterly fantastic. The fight scene where Hong Kong is repairing itself around them was one of the most creative fight scenes I've ever seen.

Are you 12?

Was this your first capeshit?

Are you on Disney payroll?

No
No

Why are you so full of hate, user? Where did Goofy touch you?

Someone here watches BedWetterMedireddit

>I only know Strange from MVC3

I kept waiting for Dormammu to say "POWER OF THE-" at some point.

>How does Marvel do it?

I dont know.

I didn't even pirate GOTG, Ant-Man, Captain America 2.

I just don't care about this kiddy theme park rides.

The only one I plan to watch is the last Thor movie. They're the only imaginative ones.

You obviously do care since you're in this thread.

>$60M budget
>$150M for Marketing.

We need 1.000 Billions to just break even.

Fuck off with that industry.

They make genuinely good movies. DCucks always fail to convince everyone otherwise.

Will Smith played Will Smith, not deadshot.

>hot pockets deleted the thread shitting on Marvel nu-males
Ayy the Disney check is still valid I see. But let's keep this thread alive despite having no purpose but to brag about corporate dollars.

Would Jaden had made a better Joker?

Dr Strange was just as awful as you'd think. This thread has the same two Marvel shills damage controlling this turd.

B-but quips though?

>unironically enjoying Dr Quips: We Swear It's Not Just Iron Man Edition
Not fooling anyone, Disney.

What about the couple of nitwit DCucks that try to convince everyone that the DCU movies are good?
Sup Forums knows that DCU movies being good is a meme, but the sad part is when people genuinely fall for the bait.
The essay's explaining the movies is a meme too.

Here my boy, read this and learn of the background of this movie you have yet to see.

> le quips meme

Terminator 2, Lethal Weapon, Indiana Jones, Predator, Big Trouble in Little China, Star Wars, Die Hard, Robocop, Commando , James Bond, True Lies

"Marvel invented quips in action movies guys"

Jaden seems like super boy prime material

I saw this trash last weekend. It was a neverending fest of childish attempts at humor and awful action scenes.

Hey faggot, repeating the same boring joke over and over again is not funny. I had to endure a cinema that was dead quiet as the movie goes ADELE? BEYONCE? in every scene because it can't for one fucking second even attempt to take itself seriously. It's like the director knew halfway through that this movie was a joke and just tried to downplay anything that could be seen as important into quips.

This is the movie you're shilling days on end on Sup Forums and it's starting to disgust me.

This hasn't been advertised anywhere in the UK on TV, how come?

B-but quips! REEE!
They don't need to.

DC anons atleast talk about their movies. In Marvel threads, it's always circlejerks about box-office and failed memes because there is so little of substance to actually talk about. Just look at this thread. Does anyone even care about the movie? I had to struggle to remember the awful scenes because it was all so bland and forgettable. You are defending the worst thing to happen to this medium in decades. And you do so with a shiteating corporate cocksucking grin that I would punch in so hard that not even your husband would notice you.

I do love bringing people together.

Those movies had humurous scenes. They didn't force the same boring quip over and over again because it referenced modern pop culture. Learn the difference faggot. There is bad humor and there is good humor. In Dr Quips, it was bad humor. It was the result of blatant reshoots because the studio got cold feet.

you mean asian super boy prime material

Jimsim

> Ill just type in buzzwords . That will show him.

kek, at pointing out something in movies thats been around forever in action movies.
fucking underage newfags.

You should be able to deduce that I was using what we in the business like to call sarcasm.

You accidently replied to yourself there faggot. People aren't bothered by humor. They're bothered by bad humor that is clearly the result of studio intervention.

the thor movies are the worst ones kek

>he doesn't like RLM

Mike is /ourguy/ newfag.

Terminator 2 had shit humor. Arnold was fine but John Conner was cringe worthy with his quips and dialog,

Again, quips have been around for as long as action movies have been around.
No amount of using buzzwords as a negative will change this.
And you are a tremendous newfag if you think Marvel invented this or are the only ones that have ever done quips in movies.

It's a buttdevastated DC friend who still can't get over BvS not being a great financial success.

Forgot to add, the shit humor by john conner still doesnt make the movie bad. Its still one of the best action movies of all time.

You DCucks dont think things though with your asshurt posts lol.

So you are admitting that Terminator 2 had some scenes of bad humor and this defends the shitty humor in Dr Quips how? Namedropping pop stars is not humor. Unless you suffer chronic brain problems.

Objectively speaking, no.

see

>b-but DCucks Beyonce is totally good humor I laughed
Grow the fuck up, you Marvel shiteater.

Can based Feige even be stopped at this point?

Doesnt matter if the humor hit or not. Everyone has different reactions to jokes in general. Still doesnt take away from it being a good movie. just like T2 and many others action movies with humor.

Thor 2 is the worst one objectively.

It takes all the flaws of the general MCU movie (quips, undeveloped villain) and maximizes them

the only good thing about it was the final fight where all the portals came in. It was exciting, but not good enough to make it better than any other MCU film.

Not really. Here's hoping that after the Infinity War stuff we get something outrageous, like Howard the Duck, Squadron Supreme or Werewolf by Night.

No he's managed to hire a team of pushover directors that will bow to this SJW agenda every day of the week. He is reason enough not to give the Marvel jews money.

>Marvel brings out Squadron Supreme
>makes more money than Justice League

It would never happen but it would be hilarious.

Difference being that Terminator 2 wasn't forcing its shitty jokes every two minutes like Dr Strange was. The reshot scenes were obvious to anyone. Feige loves his quips, fuck what the director thinks.

Name two quips that were repeated over and over again in Doctor Strange.
There's Strange calling Wong pop star names in two (2 (two)) scenes.
The Cloak and anything involving it isn't a quip due to it not talking.
And Lethal Weapon and BTiLC most fucking definitely have quips.

>sjw agenda

why didnt he cast an asian as the ancient one then?

>It would never happen
Why not? They should try just on the off chance that the Justice League satire actually outdoes the original.

"Is she with you?"
"I need friends"
"I hear you talk to fish"
"I think hes kinda cute" (military girl says this after murder man destroys million dollar military equipment in front of them and leaves the wreckage there for them to clean it up themselves)

LOLXD right guys.

And why is the black man first ruled over by a whitey, then turns evil when there's no mighty whitey ordering him around?
This movie is like totally problematic.

Who is the most obscure Marvel character capable of earning at least half a billion at the box office?

Not to piss of China. Instead he made it into a tumblr character.

Ant-Man.
Guardians of the Galaxy is an ensemble film so it doesn't fit your criteria :^)