Watching Star Trek Nemesis. 8 minutes in. What went wrong /tg/?

Watching Star Trek Nemesis. 8 minutes in. What went wrong /tg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S02T1j9qzwg
youtube.com/watch?v=glqDr06kDhI
youtube.com/watch?v=8cUAmsEntac&list=PLsWrpgI8usKfxz1Z-GUuTBVGE-rI_I7FK&index=20
youtube.com/watch?v=NaOFoblW5og&t=1981s
youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Starfleet_ranks
youtube.com/watch?v=EnPIPOaRUFg
youtube.com/watch?v=dmOo9yfRNZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolutely nothing.
Third best Trek film.

Nothing. It's a good Trek movie that, aside from "action hero Picard", is one of the best TNG films.

third best tng film

Nemesis isn't so bad

Nothing at all. You can fuck off.

OP here, crap, my original post came out wrong. I didn't mean to say there was something I see wrong with it. (quite the opposite) I meant to ask it in a way that was like, what did everyone else see wrong with it, So far it's pretty good.

Undiscovered Country > Voyage Home > Wrath of Khan > Master & Commander > Galaxy Quest > Motion Picture > Search for Spock > Final Frontier > dogshit > First Contact > Generations > Insurrection > Nemesis > catshit with brain parasites > Beyond > 2009 > Into Darkness

You're also not on /tg/ fuckface. Just delete your thread and post after you've lurked some.

>what did everyone else see wrong with it
Never really been sure.
Nemesis is the most cerebral of the TNG films, while also having an interesting plot that involved The Romulans, who were always underplayed compared to their potential.
Plus, Tom Hardy is a really good actor.

Mike pls

go jump of a freighter moving at high velocity you pretenous fuck.

My two favorite negros from TNG

I've always been mystified by this too. So many people bring up the "Wrath of Khan ripoff" meme but I don't really see it. The revenge angle was coming from a completely different place in Nemesis, basically Shinzon's inferiority complex and his being fucked up from all the Romulan abuse as a kid.

The cast acted closest to what their personalities were like on TNG too. Also had some stonking space battles, which, hey, it's a space movie for fuck's sake.

My only complaint so far...is the weird exposure, film quality of these desert scene on the planet Kolarious III.

pic related

Also notable for having one of the last scores by Jerry Goldsmith who by default made every film he scored 20% better than it was otherwise.

It really has some of the best emotional scenes. Data's death itself wasn't quite so sad but the ending after always kills me.

youtube.com/watch?v=S02T1j9qzwg

This whole scene looks weird and doesn't look like it fits in the movie... It's like it was shot with way way too much exposure?? Or just really grainy film

They cut out the seatbeat ending

I think it was there way of trying to convey how harsh the planet was. Like a sun that's way brighter than ours and sad and shit in the air. But I agree it feels a little odd.

Well you can't just expose it to look like the Mojave desert (which it probably was), it has to look A L I E N.

The real answer is that Brent Spiner fucking hated Star Trek and being typecast and the fandom so in order to get him to appear in the movies they had to bribe him with stuff like musical numbers, the emotions chip coming back, playing an evil twin, get a heroic sacrifice and a dramatic death scene, etc. etc.

The Nemesis score is 10/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=glqDr06kDhI

I agree. It's one of my favorite movies period, Trek or otherwise. It was a great way to send off the TNG cast.

;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=8cUAmsEntac&list=PLsWrpgI8usKfxz1Z-GUuTBVGE-rI_I7FK&index=20

this too

youtube.com/watch?v=NaOFoblW5og&t=1981s 25:06

haha, nice cameo by *Admiral* Janeway. Why is it, whenever a captain returns or is in a next movie, they're always now "admiral" is that the only next in line promotion from Captain?

I don't blame him. He's a good actor with a decent amount of range but he had to spend most of his career showing no emotion at all. The emotion chip led to some funny and interesting bits and let him grow in a way he otherwise couldn't have so I'm good with it.

is that also how you explain picard acting like an action hero?

Are dune buggies with rear mounted particle cannons standard starfleet issue?

Or was that Picards personal ride he takes with him everywhere on the Enterprise?

She survived how many fucking years in the Delta Quadrant and apparently destroyed all the borg. It's the least they could do for her.

Captains fly, Admiral's command infrastructure like bases and ports.

I think he HAD to be the action hero in the last few TNG movies, because who else was going to do it? Frakes couldn't act his way out of a plastic bag, Trek fans would have laughed the movies out of the theater if Data had been that guy, so who does that leave...Worf? All he does is try to raise the damn shields every 10 minutes.

>Frakes couldn't act his way out of a plastic bag
you take that back

Picard became an action hero because they wanted more than 26 people to actually go see the movie.

Notice that she has three admiralty pips.

She wasn't promoted once. She wasn't promoted twice. She was promoted three times.

Fucking Vice Admiral Janeway, her next promotion will place her in command over all of Starfleet.

Alright, well, he had this going for him at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

Damn...Troi looks type good in this...

Anyone have the heirarchy of Star Trek Promotional ranks? That of canon

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Starfleet_ranks

Easy enough.

It was part of the "Captain's Yacht", so he probably pulled a few strings after saving the galaxy seventy times to get it rigged up proper.

So... something that has always bothered me with Star Trek... This just may be me being slightly picky, and just a stick in the mud..But can someone explain...

WHY THE FUCK IS YOUR AWAY TEAM, THE SAME PEOPLE AS YOUR ENTIRE COMMAND STAFF???

Because Picard is known for breaking the rules, that's why.

They didn't cast patrick stewart as shinzon. Also the movie had a ton of footage cut.

Oh and BTW, let's board an unknown alien's ship..with NO fucking weapons OR any security personal. Not even one red shirt??!

Because Shinzon is way younger than Picard and lived a very different life. I think Hardy was a fine choice.

>They didn't cast patrick stewart as shinzon.
really makes you think

When does that happen?

Were the scenes that were cut ever released in a "directors" cut or "extended" edition?

No, the movie had like 50 minutes cut i think.

The real question is, who was in command of the ship during that scene?
Enterprise chain of command is
Picard
Riker
Data
Crusher
Worf
Troi
so was LaForge in command?

First Contact is objectively the best Star Trek movie ever made.

Well...looking at it that way, the ship was in better hands than I thought. LaForge, to me should be 3rd in line. He's bro status.

Who is Mike?

I think you meant The Voyage Home

Mike "Jessi left me for the BBC" Stoklasa

HeY GUYS mom let me out of space dock can i star in a movie?!?

I think you mean The Motion Picture.

Can a villain be anymore "evil" looking.. Star Trek Villains really need to be more imaginative than dark and evil and want to blow up the Federation and or enterprise..

Seriously how many times will the Enterprise face a bad guy who is bent on destroying the Federation...every fucking movie... Atleast shinzon seems to have a sort of personal grudge against picard as well

whoops, forgot pic. here's the cliche villain pic

Was Geordi an alien in Nemesis?

>According to Burton and several other members of the main cast, [Director] Baird kept referring to LeVar as "Laverne" throughout production and thought the character of Geordi La Forge was an alien.

Well in Generations the guy just wanted to get back to his fantasy world.

>Laverne
top kek

I can't blame him.

>Entire family is dead
>Find a literal heaven where you constantly live in your happiest moments
>Ripped away from it

I'd blow up a few planets to get that back.

Furthormore...as much as I'd never complain about seeing Troi in more scenes, why the fuck is she (a consouler) on the main Away team??

Are you saying an Empath would not be useful on a diplomatic mission?

I was happy that the twist in Beyond was that the alien looking villain was just some human guy who wanted the military back. It's at least believable and better than lol corrupt federation or the borg for the thousandth time.

You're wrong. In so many ways. Besides he wanted to destroy the federation as well..just proves my point.

I mean a guy who gave his life to the military only to see his society completely abandon that is way better than aliens deciding to randomly destroy the federation or Federation members fucking over the federation for no real reason.

The tiny amount of good in Star Trek Beyond was the idea of a Swarm hivemind fleet..but the concept was wasted by the total shit story and main villain... (Despite me being a big Idris elba fan)

>The tiny amount of good in Star Trek Beyond was the idea of a Swarm hivemind fleet
You mean the Borg before they were fucked? We already know they won't do that for movies.

He's a big guy.

Oh.

That cancer infests Star Trek threads now? Why?

Could you please leave Star Trek threads?

Aside from the dorky ass outfit, I actually liked Shinzon...unique sort of perspective, fighting for and defending a race not of his own... I'm black but consider myself white, having grown up in a middle class suburban area. So I can relate to how he felt for his Reman "bros"

>I'm black but consider myself white

Threads over boys. It's time for you to leave.

A cliche villian pic has the light from below pointing up.

There's almost no light in that seen, especially not any coming from below.

>dorky ass outfit

It was too much like this: youtube.com/watch?v=EnPIPOaRUFg

That's why Shinzon lighting is not cliche.

Everything

Fucking hated the movie when it came out and recently rewatch it and i still hate it.

9/10

would hit with a locked phaser

I still found it weird watching Enterprise, and seeing those weird vampire dudes in shiny purple outfits hanging out with the Romulans.

Muh retcons.

You're retarded, this movie is seriously not that bad..better than Beyond by leagues.

>one of the best TNG films.
Doesn't really mean much when there were only 4, and the first and last were pure garbage.

Good villain lighting always goes up the nose. It's the law.

youtube.com/watch?v=dmOo9yfRNZY

Now I need to watch all these again.

Is this the only movie where Remans are even shown? Were they even mentioned in the series prior to Nemesis?

No....NO....IT CAN"T BE TRUE

There's plenty of aliens that are only seen in one movie.

Your taste is in your ass.

Ive watched Nemesis 3 fucking times and i still cant remember what its about besides bane and old friend screaming at each other and a whole bunch of pointless badly done action scenes and terrible cgi

Beyond is not perfect and i hated they made sulu gay but the rest of the movie is great, coming from a long time trek fan who fucking hated 2009 and 2012 trek and still dislike them trek 2016 was fun

That said the new series is going to be complete shit now that bryan fuller has dropped out

>Beyond is not perfect and i hated they made sulu gay
>I hated a 76 second background scene with no dialogue that is never brought up again

Feel free to kill yourself mate.

>the way he just turns off the music
He hasn't lost his touch.

Fuck off cuck it was completely unnecessary and even George Takai didnt want it so you can mcfuck right off leftist simon pegg wunnabe faggot

Yes. Kill yourself and don't bother leaving a note.