What are the best movies to come from 2016?

Pic unrelated, my buddy told me it was great so I'm about to watch it. Also I've just finished Swiss Army Man it was weird but enjoyable

pls no capeshit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p4-6qJzeb3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Captain Fantastic
Hacksaw Ridge
10 Cloverfield Lane
The Nice Guys
The VVitch

POWER GAP

Snowden (if you are pro-Snowden)
Kubo and the Two Strings (if only for the visuals)

Those are the only movies I don't regret watching of the 40 or so 2016 movies I've seen. Everything else this year was mediocre at best.

I LIKE RICE.

ME ALSO.

Good to know your schizophrenia is visibly peaking now, Koz.

Arrival was good. Wilder people was good.

Hell or High Water was overrated but good.

literally unwatchable

gave me cancer fuck linklater for even making this piece of garbage

Lol yup

this. surprisingly good

i was hoping for more mew tho

I loved Swiss Army Man. Went in expecting farts and a dumb comedy, ended up getting hit hard with those feels...

>hacksaw ridge
Go see it in theaters right now. Oh my good Lord Jesus Christ bless his holy name that movie was amazing. Missed the first 2 minutes because screw watching trivia and trailers, had to blaze it up in the parking lot, so I didn't know it was based on a real story until the very end. So amazing the interviews made it all the more better.
>please Lord just one more

>please Lord just one more
Best part of the movie.

Got alot of Full Metal Jacket and Band of Brothers similar feelings from it too.

Please mel make just one more movie

worst year

t. friendless shut-ins

No particular order obviously
>High Rise
>13 Hours
>The Nice Guys
>Green Room
>Hell or High Water
>Hacksaw Ridge
>Nocturnal Animals
>Arrival
>The Witch
>Batman v Superman

Replace 13 hours by Tickled, and you have my top 10

I liked Dont Breathe

that's the only movie i've seen this year though

>pls no capeshit
>I've just finished Swiss Army Man

make up your mind

Explain yourself

>10 Cloverfield Lane
never have i seen a movie that i enjoyed so much and then have me completely hate it at the last 15 minutes

It's will sweep the Oscars

Lol not really

Sunshine?

Guys can we not call Dr strange good and just say it Was The only acceptable capeshit movie this year?

Other than that.
The Nice Guys
Train to Busan (kr)
Sweat Bean (jp)
Cloverfield Lane

It's this by far. Nothing else comes close.

Im sick of the marvel crap desu so maybe Im disillusioned but Batman v Superman was a breath of fresh air for me actually involving the political side to the idea of superhumans existing

But that's what watchmen was about but with a better director

BvS has a better script in my opinion. Watchmen felt like it dragged quite alot

it really wasn't that amazing bro, decent war flick but the acting was cheesy and the battles were overly dramatic. Vince Vaughn and Andrew Garfield were noticeably bad

>implying i want to watch some murican propaganda flick

I really enjoyed Arrival but it's probably going to get meme'd on forever purely because some critic called it "the thinking mans sci-fi" despite the movie being relatively straightforward.

Didn't it have the same director?

>thinking man
>sci-fi
really makes one think

Why don't you Google it man

It's not. I'm not even American and people clapped in the cinema.

>people clapped in the cinema
>not american
kek

youtu.be/p4-6qJzeb3A

I'm also not American and there were Christfags selling bibles/his biography outside of the theatre.

true but it felt kind of tacked on imo. I definitely get and appreciate what they were going for. It was still a bit bland especially the whole deus ex Martha thing

this desu pham

I thought Nice Guys was pretty mediocre.

All their funniest bits they'd revealed in the trailer. All the rest of it felt a lot like filler.

The action was boring, and all the one-liners that weren't in the trailer were easily forgettable.

If I'd paid to see this I would have been disappointed with myself.

Also Russel is starting to age poorly.

I think this was a bit of a non entity death of cinema year, even though I liked some movies and I actually see them in the cinema, unlike all of Sup Forums.

I liked Nocturnal animals, dont breathe, hail caesar, everyboydy wants some, 10 cloverfield lane, the nice guys.

hell or high water, batman vs superman, dr strange, were ok.

But there was no big deal stuff

If you liked this film, you have some awful taste desu

Pic related

This movie was one hour and some minutes or whatever of fucking nothing, barely even had any jokes, get the fuck out, faggot

It was good. You have awful taste desu

Batman v Superman

>really makes one think
>really making one think
really makes one think

Civil War was good for capeshit, but it's best to leave these out of top movie lists.

My list for the year so far

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet which I was really surprised I enjoyed as much as I did: 10 Cloverfield Lane.

This year hasn't been as bad as some people say, I really appreciate that this year it's not all dominated by reboots and sequels.

The Nice Guys
The Accountant
Hell or High Water
Sully

Haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge cause for some reason they aren't releasing it in the UK, and I'm watching Arrival today. I also enjoyed War Dogs, a lot of non-blockbuster decent movies really.

I liked:
Sully
Age of Shadows
The Wailing
The Handmaiden
Shin Godzilla
Don't Breathe
Weiner

good year for asian flicks, too bad the new kiyoshi kurosawa was a well shot lifetime movie.

How do so many people like this movie? It's like a kids movie that they tried to make edgy. What an overated piece of shit.

>le pretentious every movie I watch has to be deep posting man

I really can't tell what percentage of people say BvS is good a meme.

Its definitely high, but I think some Sup Forumsedditors actually fell for it. Youd have to be completely illiterate to cinema to think so.

Even IF you thought it was good it's easily worse than the many other movies in this years top 10.

Did any good action/martial arts movies come out this year? And I don't mean Hollywood blockbuster shit.

Never Back Down: No Surrender, if you can get over bad acting. Surprisingly good.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople was brilliant. It's basically 50% Sam Neill's facial expressions.

I was thinking the same so I looked up all releases for this year month by month.
here is what ive seen so far.
>13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
Ok action movie,seriously few good scenes and mediocre actors.
Raises questions why was CIA there in the first place so did they deserve what they get.
>The 5th Wave
A movie by our favorite Chloe as I am big fan of solders vs aliens or invasion movies,this is one of the worst ones because I expected at least some mystery and it turned out to be shitty teenage love story with sub par action scenes.
Dont waste your time with it.
>The Witch
For what it was its pretty ok movie,I liked the setting,cast and story.
Pretty good
>Deadpool
I dont want to comment on this.
>Zoolander 2
Do not wast time with this,featuring Justin Bieber,Kanye West and shit ton of cameos to a a stupid story that was not funny at all.
It is shit compared to the original.
>Midnight Special
Great sci-fi movie with good cast and a good plot.
Ending leaves some people disappointed but i think it was ok that it ended on that note.
>Triple 9
Starts very strong and by the middle of it you can see whats comi ng from a mile away which makes it not so good movie.
If you liked Training day you will like this.
>Knight of Cups
Ive talked about this in past thread I think it one of the best movies this year.
If you want we can talk in detail.
>10 Cloverfield Lane
Good movie over all,highly recommended
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
I watched the Ultimate Cut and it brought nothing to the table even if it was 3h long.
A lot of things to appeal to everyone but in the end you get shallow experience.
I dont have opinion on it
>Hardcore Henry
Good scenes over all with fresh take on FPS camera.
Fun movie to watch on a Sunday evening
>Captain America: Civil War
No comment
>Green Room
It may be just be but everything A24 publishes tends to be above average.
Good movie.
>The Neon Demon
Possibly best picture all year

to be continued..

I watched The Nice Guys recently and it's pretty forgettable, no way it's one of the best movies of the year

>Independence Day: Resurgence
Good follow up to he original movie,for me it was just that.
If you have time give it a watch.
>Sausage Party
I dont know why i did it but i will not watch anything by Seth Rogan again.
Even my teenage brother though it was miserable and he is the target audience.
>ARQ
For low budget has a great story to give.
The set is very low tier but you cant have it all.

I probably missed few more but those are the ones I can remember from this year.

>Snowden (if you are Pro Snowden)
In other words, if you're at all educated on the subject. Ok, thanks.

Hell or high well

I curious about Knight of Cups, it got pretty controversial grades.

3deep5u: The Movie

It's artsy and more of a cinematic experience than a film.

I was ready for something new considering the director.
The camera was not best at all times but it give a new angle on a protagonist that narrated his life through a story of a prince lost in the world.
I think it was a fresh way to represent something that we have seen a thousand times such as family problems,shallow people,and repetitive work.
Its pretty obvious that the movie had bumps along the way considering there were scenes made in 2012 but managed to get to release,so kudos for that.

Thats a stupid look on things.

Considering the description you gave, I think the only way for me to decide if I like is to watch it. But other than that, it was way more informative than the synopses on the Internet, so much obliged, mate.

This was comfy as fuck

the shallows was a nice fap flick but really bad besides taht
Rest mostly true tho

Hacksaw Ridge

the lobster
elle
swiss army man

are off the top of my head the most memorable films i watched this year. cloverfield was ok, i really hated the ending
dont breathe was a huge let down
>turkey baster/10
uh some other stuff i watched like dr strange was pretty boring and ill forget it by 2017

WTF This movie made me a pedo.

Top 3 for me.

I'm biased though since I played baseball in college and Dazed and Confused is my favorite movie.

Speak AMERICAN or your film doesn't count.

are you sure that movies from 2016? because i saw a compilation of movie posters edited with bane on it back in 2014 with this edited to "the big guys"

Hell or High Water was pretty great, the atmosphere made it

Any other recommendations?

This is a decent list, except BvS, he's memeing on that one.

It was also right-wing as fuck

>anti-banks
>pro-guns/gun ownership
>pro-white male/non-white female sexing
>pro-racial bantz
>pro-oil

how was nocturnal animals? thinking about watching it today.
arrival or noc animals?

absolute best i saw was NocturnalAnimals, of of maybe 4 or 5 10/10 films i've ever seen.

I thought BvS, the VVitch, Nice Guys, neon Demon, Hardcore Henry

I also really enjoyed Suicide Squad nd Warcraft, but i wouldnt call them good films.

>Freefire
the fuck that already came out?

>look at this fag and laugh

Saw it at TIFF. Definitely worth seeing when it comes out. Wheatley's best movie by many miles

>captain fantastic
underrated af

ah that explains it, cheers bud

How was Cheese Larson? did it make up for High-Rise, I heard a lot of people slammed it but I'm probably gonna give it a go for objectivity sake

Did you watch Arrival?

Wasn't a fan of High-Rise, though I admired it on a technical level. Larson was good in FF, as was the whole cast. Sharlto Copley stole the movie
Seeing it tonight, famalamadingdong

My Top 5 of 2016 (so far).
1) Moonlight
2) Cameraperson
3) Hell or High Water
4) The Handmaiden
5) The Nice Guys