Why does everyone hate Windows 10? IMO it's far better than 8/8.1

Why does everyone hate Windows 10? IMO it's far better than 8/8.1

Corona

Probably because Windows 10 is very transparent with how much they collect information on you and people think previous versions all the way back do not because it doesnt explicitly say it does.

Windows 10 isnt bad, but its not really much different from 8.1 for the general user IMO. Ive got 10 on my lappytop and 8.1 on my desktop and dont really prefer one or the other. I'm not exactly a power user so the network stuff and virtualization benefits of 10 are not useful to me.

itt: losers who use PCs instead of Macs

Here's your (You), now move along.

Restart whenever it wants to do the updates and also updates whenever it wants. So many times I needed to download something fast and the shit did suck up all my bandwidth. Wtf??
In windows 7 I could choose when at least.

Whoever says I can install Programms to let windows update whenever I want bla bla i did it but with every new update they just restore everything and can’t do it every time.

Makes sense!

dumbass.

I think we were happy with windows 10. Also it should ring a bell that it was for free and still occasionally is.
They collect data for sure. Also soon they’ll be laws where companies have to give to geverments personal data from their users.

loser PC users.

pathetic, really.

Whoever uses 10 is a loser so yes I am one

>IMO it's far better than 8/8.1
Not better than 7, though.

An upgraded 7 would be better than 10

Exactly, every one collects data...
Google, Microsoft, Amazon and the worst at it, Apple

how is apple worse than any other? they were ready to take on the govt to keep info private. how many others would willingly hand it over. You know Amazon does some pretty shady shit for the govt.

Idiot.

How does it feel going through life a mindless fool?

I hated Windows 8. I hated Windows 10. UNTIL I got a surface pro, I'm now onboard and realize Win 10 is a pretty decent OS. (Minus the privacy issues / concerns.)

MFW my primary desktop is an iMac. I also have a MBA.

>Why does everyone hate Windows 10?
Because GNU/Linux or as I call it Linux-based OS, is much better.

I'm religiously against this shit, partly because of all the telemetry bull shit it saves, but mainly because GWX.exe installed itself without my permission, then proceeded to download a 60gb OS in the background, again without my knowledge. I was on a restricted account (20gb/month) so if this had downloaded the whole thing before I stopped it, I would have been charged £120 for something I never knew was happening

If they'd told us about it, I wouldn;t have minded as much, but this was tacit rape of my computer

Because they've never used OS they like. I think it works well if you don't mind leaving your computer on most of the time

>no compatibility

What network stuf, sorry i'm a newfag on this shit so please explain

Install Gentoo pussy

Compatibility is superior, you can just run 26 year old software without any problems.

iSheep

Agreed. I loved 7

It has wreaked havoc on my network adapter (Asus XM451). Wifi connection drops and I have to reset. Less often of late but still a problem.

getting into someone's iCloud account is too easy, and since Apple forces their users to keep too much data within their own products (come at me, Mac, iPhone, iPod and Apple tv users ), those accounts have too much information you would not find in any other vendor

last time i tried to use linux based shit my graphics/monitor looked like they were 320x480 and there was no fucking drivers for my card so fuck that shit, i prefer to hand my info and ass to windows or mac that dealing with that shit for nerds again.

You have no privacy concerns with your iMac

With what?

Did you enjoy getting raped?

Basically what’s already been said about auto updates and telemetry bullshit. In addition to that the fact that windows still charges you for an operating system. Apple hasn’t charged for new os updates to there iOS or macOS for awhile now. Apple has started that paradigm shift and Microsoft just hasn’t got on bored yet. With regard to Windows 8 vs 10 I find that 8 is much more friendly to the touch interface of my yoga laptop where as the same computer updated to 10 now loses a lot of touch screen functionality. I have 8.1 on my desktop as well and don’t intend on “upgrading” to 10 anytime soon

Using your whole network bandwidth when it wants to install an update automatically

Best explaination is that the older versions of Windows have been refined through time and become stale operating systems. Any newer operating systems are still in the process of debugging and mag constantly with updates.

Try reinstalling windows 7 and see how ad the process is. It took 2 weeks to get all the updates last time I installed it. Back when it was new people were band-wagoning xp as if it was always perfect, it when XP came out it was garage that hardly ran on an computers. It's had 3 service packs and of course nearly 20 years later it runs easily on most computers.

From an honest viewpoint growing up with Microsoft and seeing almost ever version of Windows when they came out, I can say for the current time since release, Windows 10 is one of the top operating systems ever produced by Microsoft.

If anyone thinks different, go get a computer and operating system from the same year they came out together and see what it was like back then. You'll be begging for modern software.

Maybe most people are too young here to remember though.

Apple prices their OS into their overpriced hardware

Apple already charged you 4 times the value of their computer, it would be cynical to charge you for the OS

Holy shit, almost the same comment at almost the same time

Because it's true

in addition to this I’m tired of how windows laptops depreciate at a mind fuck rate and slow down significantly over a short period of time. My yoga is the last windows based laptop I will own. When it shits the bed i’ll get a MacBook. Now I’ve never even used macOS and as such don’t really have any idea how to use it. I’m so fed up with Windows laptops that I’m willing to learn a new os simply because it works and actually holds its value over time. And no I haven’t bought cheap windows laptops either. My yoga 2 was $1,200 new and worth just barely over $400 2 years later. fuck THAT noise

Have you not seen the prices of new windows products user?

fucking drivers, what if there is no driver for your computer then the shit is useless and no, i'm not throwing away my obsolete shit just because someone would tell me its time to buy one that its supported by that, i only use he OS for web browsing and store videos and photos so i dont care about services and shit but linux is not for me its for nerds tha have the time an patience to deal with shits.

In short: it's slower

Implying Macs aren't personal computers.
It's a pain in the ass and ugly as fuck.

$20 for the OS...

its not better than windows 7 fag

Sucking linus's cock are we?

the market dictates what they can sell it for. If people didn’t feel it was worth what they were asking, they wouldn’t sell. As I’m sure you already know they sell there “overpriced” products just fine

Yea, I can it a windows based laptop for about $200 that will do general stuff I need to do. If I want something more powerful, I can get it for about $500-800.

What does apple price their low and high grade computers at?

You should spend $500 at most in a top of the line laptop. Asus Zen are the best and cheap laptops you can buy... they invented the Macbook Air anyways

The market dictates that Microsoft is the leading operating system in the world. Stfu

Last i saw it was $100 for 10 home. But I guess it could be cheaper elsewhere. Haven’t had a need to check that as I previously mentioned I won’t be updating to 10

You've gotta edit your start-up entries and services to get your machine to boot like it's new. Check out msconfig.

OEM license dude

You're right user, I stand corrected:
The market dictated that Apple can sell their products 4 times their worth, it would be cynical to charge you for the OS

I’m sure that it is. Didn’t imply or say it wasn’t. It doesn’t however counter the point I made. nice try redirecting tho

Apple is indeed for the money first, people second. The whole os is based on user friendliness and always has been. They do everything to ensure the customers are happy with their product (while it works) from doing most of the work with settings and all that to giving hundreds of customizable options, this would include not giving out personal info. However, that doesn't mean they wont change their mind on personal info. Allow a new ceo in and everything could change. And they could be just as shady as anyone else and put on a front.

Oh and fuck the prices

I’m familiar. messed with it many times over the years. At some point, usually sooner than later, they just bog the fuck down as to become virtually unusable. Maybe I just got a bad crop of machines over the years. still wouldn’t change the fact the value plummets. Having said that I’ve made my choice. I’ll pay more for something that actually works the way it’s supposed to out of the box for and many years to follow.

People are dumb as dirt, and only buy into over-priced trash to boost their egos. Same things applies to Bose or Beats headphones. No need to supply customers with tech specs if you can get celebrities to utilize your product.

>reduces user autonomy
forced updates, forced search, forced cortana, etc

>mangled GUI
tiles everywhere, system control torn appart into normal and tiles faggotry, semi forced online integration, etc

>massive telemetry
unable to turn it off

and the main reason:
It doesnt look and feel like a windows anymore.
If i'd want to use a faggy OS i'd be using mac os or some hipster linux distribution/google os.

Windows 10 is pretty much free for home use at this point.

If you have a Windows 7 or a Windows 8 COA of any kind you can install 10 and it just works fine with that number. If you have any Dell it just installs perfectly fine and installs without any number no matter if you bought windows or not.

Plus they did that thing with the "Accessibility upgrade" for so long that literally everyone got it for free.

The HP's have shit drivers and that's why you lost functionality. We just sent in a 2 month old HP convertible to HP because their drivers are so fucking bad that when Windows updates itself it makes the keyboard not work. This is some pretty basic shit.

Moral of the story: Windows 10 is great, enjoy the unification. Also, Microsoft is very pro-Dell so only buy Dell equipment or Microsoft equipment to alleviate headaches. (Any buy good stuff not shit stuff like the inspiron line.)

It's dogshit compared to W7

The single greatest investment that I've made when it comes to my PC is the SSD. (Samsung EVO) I've probably saved months of my life that would have spent watching the computer load/boot.

Sucks being incompetent. I'm running Arch Linux on 3 computers at home. They are fast, stable and I never have to pay for an OS or reinstall.

Used to be worse, now it's much better.

The only thing that is really annoying about it is all the bullshit they put on the start menu on a default install/profile but then that's how they're paying for it.

10 is much faster, much smaller, has more support in the kernel, and if your only problem is the gui, use one of those fucking stupid gui things. There's literally no reason to run 7 anymore.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y

Same thing applies to buying a BMW instead of a Toyota

My hard drive is new with a new OS because the old one just died and i dont have the computer disks so how you get a oem OS licence?.

True!

this shit is looks like an OS for mobile devices and not for a regular table pc.
The only thing why windows is superior is gaming, but I'm adult now and there is no need to play vydya anymore so I chose linux.

slickdeals. net/share/android_app/t/8900379

The last best OS was XP.
I like having control over what is happening on the PC but I'm too lazy to use Linux.
Pretty sick of being an administrator (and the only account) and being told I can't do things because I'm not an administrator.
They're pretty much dumbing shit down to be an oversized smartphone because of dumb cunts.

>I'm adult now and there is no need to play vydya

What happened dude? Remember Oblivion? remember Warcraft 3? I 'member.

My yoga and desktop both have solid state drives. I attribute that to why it’s held up this long. I also have a windows 7 pc hooked directly to my tv and use it for media and shit. Put a ssd in that and even being 7 years old with an i3 that thing rips. Boots in seconds and from sleep almost instantly.

With it's relatively untested and mandatory updates, it's a driver killer.

Windows 8.1 is better windows 10 can suck my dick

definitely is better than 8 but these new apple and ms os's make me feel one really needs to take much time configuring and reconfiguring after major updates, it just sucks ass, makes them looks like they're soon going to deploy thought police

Fuck the police

You have no control over what happens in linux

Game companies started trying to appeal to the casual gamers and the quality of games went down for hardcore fans like us.

7 is still best

Wow, this shit is still accurate...

Which distro? nVidia?
Linus is not gay, like Tim Cock.

Windows peaked with XP. Downhill ever since.

"Give the people what they want" - Red Skelton
"Tell the people what they want" - Apple

I hate everything Iam nigger poo

Mac OS > any other operating system

>2018
>Not using Linux
>Mfw Windows cucks compare OS versions

Mac OS X sucks man. I've used everything (Windows, GNU/Linux, Linux-without GNU, OS X)

That's the truth dude. I miss the old simple UI. It gives me a fucking headache trying to change any simple settings or even find where to change the settings because they just threw shit everywhere and made it 'pretty'.

Fucking MS-DOS and any other console is the best UI, that has been ever made. Simple yet effective.