Avant garde music

post avant garde shit u guys think pushes the boundary for music. Here's something a friend of mine showed me: youtube.com/watch?v=4fCyUTXvKR8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMtXaRUMFjg[/embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=b-QS6fPJASk
youtube.com/watch?v=TzviuBoD0jo
youtube.com/watch?v=9F6I38fm3Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=IrjeMN_U1hw
youtube.com/watch?v=5iqkt3GihWY
umbah.bandcamp.com/album/alien-formulas-to-corrupt-human-dna
youtube.com/watch?v=RcFdgfPwxf4
youtube.com/watch?v=qm5CHeajoFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K62Ono4IhM8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWGAlNXJTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=6wi_C7Qoygw
youtube.com/watch?v=IC3KMbSkYNI
youtube.com/watch?v=LDQ2NHMYhMY
youtube.com/watch?v=3VYTf6n6BGI&t=117s
youtube.com/watch?v=3v3u2sU54Os
youtube.com/watch?v=LFz2lCEkjFk
youtube.com/watch?v=K_O0DHvtjXo
youtube.com/watch?v=wsWAmOejiP0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hh2-29n_qE8
youtube.com/watch?v=MmiPeahMHCE
dreamdisklab.bandcamp.com/album/laugh-exe-mixtape
youtube.com/watch?v=yXAmTY33xmI
youtu.be/hrDdQNjjpoU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY
youtube.com/watch?v=D0ALkNKQzmA
youtube.com/watch?v=yRVlog6ZGtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not avant-garde music, that's subpar libertarian internet pop rap degeneracy.

You first

u responded in 2 minutes, u clearly didn't even watch it dum fuck

i posted a link at the top g

>pushes the boundary for music
Thats just someone rapping over oval-esque glitch music

the rap is only for a fraction of the piece

Here have some Steve Roden [embed]youtube.com/watch?v=OMtXaRUMFjg[/embed]

youtube.com/watch?v=b-QS6fPJASk
you cant tell me my band isnt pushing boundaries.
Now i dont think its good but it was sure fun to make.

the recording quality of this album is really good at first glance, nice job
I dig the variety of music i'm hearing from scrubbing

Nice example, but glitch-related sound might be now considered kind of a retro thing for it's been around for about 30 years already. That said, this track isn't really more or less than a collage of a few retro styles, could still be intriguing but nothing "avantgarde" about it, and honestly I don't know if nowadays this definition can be applied to anything in non-ironic context.
Here's a few that IMO could be tagged as "forward thinking pop music" today:
youtube.com/watch?v=TzviuBoD0jo
youtube.com/watch?v=9F6I38fm3Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=IrjeMN_U1hw

youtube.com/watch?v=5iqkt3GihWY

The guy is a legit madman genius.
Just have a look at all his bandcamp releases.

umbah.bandcamp.com/album/alien-formulas-to-corrupt-human-dna

more like you avant garde a clue

>first rhyme was made by Milo in 2014

Motion Graphics's beats are so cool. Wish he didn't use such shit vocals.

Motion Graphics and Visual Cloaks is some of the only stuff I've heard in a while that really gives me the "new" feeling. You guys might like this: youtube.com/watch?v=RcFdgfPwxf4

Qebrus has been doing pretty much one unchanging style for a long time, and he's been around for a while, but his sound design still sounds very unique and weird and his composition is way more interesting than a lot of similar far out stuff: youtube.com/watch?v=qm5CHeajoFQ

Not avant garde anymore, styles sounds dated, but I think the best flashcore stuff is still the farthest things have been pushed in a certain direction of composition.

youtube.com/watch?v=K62Ono4IhM8

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWGAlNXJTJE

2 minutes is enough time to figure out if something is innovative or just shitty. Not even your music so don't get butthurt, faggot.

As others have said, I think the term avant garde has become less applicable somehow. Maybe because we've kind of exhausted a lot of the interesting sounds possible with computers and processing gear at this point so you can't just be avant garde by using tech anymore. This track is very obviously referencing old styles and there's nothing new about any of the sounds in it but the idea of moving between techno and trance styles in a single track is pretty odd and I've never heard it done as successfully or intentionally as here: youtube.com/watch?v=6wi_C7Qoygw

The whole album Turns by Barker and Baumecker is really interesting in this way. It's high quality Berlin techno but with other styles mixed in in a very interesting way.

youtube.com/watch?v=IC3KMbSkYNI

Yep I have the same feeling about them, kinda the same level of novelty as R+7 for me. Have to check out Oliver Coates soon, thanks m8.
I've heard that Qebrus guy, seems he's into some serious DSP fuckery and low-level signal patching or whatever, also it reminds me of this monumental work:

youtube.com/watch?v=LDQ2NHMYhMY

Shapeshifter's "Reticulum Flux" sort of raised the bar up into the sky as far as this type of sound design is concerned.

>flashcore
Huh?
Datach'i's stuff is quite funny though, have yet to give it a proper amount of time to go through the whole album. I believe it's from the very beginning of the 00s and back then it was something unfathomable for most of humanity (although from what I can hear he used some Reaktor machines there).

Lol sorry wrong link
youtube.com/watch?v=3VYTf6n6BGI&t=117s

youtube.com/watch?v=3v3u2sU54Os

youtube.com/watch?v=LFz2lCEkjFk

youtube.com/watch?v=K_O0DHvtjXo
youtube.com/watch?v=wsWAmOejiP0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hh2-29n_qE8
youtube.com/watch?v=MmiPeahMHCE

Good choice.

Have you checked this -
dreamdisklab.bandcamp.com/album/laugh-exe-mixtape
?

my nigga

nope but cool aesthetic

> AS TRUTH
Wtf exactly is going on in this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=yXAmTY33xmI

You might like this too youtu.be/hrDdQNjjpoU

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY

my niggah

youtube.com/watch?v=D0ALkNKQzmA

eh. Motion Graphics and Visual Cloaks are both way more interesting to me than OPN. They all use old midi module sounds and loose, abstract arragenements. But for whatever reason OPN's music is just boring and feels uninspired to me. MG and VC are doing a lot more interesting stuff sound design wise.

Try Buckethead.

listen to pic related, a lot of glitch music like Oval still feels like music, but albums like dataplex is so much more minimal. also mentioned Steve Roden, similar stuff but even more abstract

These are field recordings, you meant to post this.

CAN YOU DO THE CHICKENSKIN SWIM
CAN YOU DO THE CHLORINE GARGOYLE
CAN YOU WRIGGLE LIKE AN EEEEEL

I wish they didn't go full noise on some of their songs. That's why you never became a dancer is such a great piece without having to go straight to ear blistering noise.

Is this bait?

youtube.com/watch?v=yRVlog6ZGtI