I listen to real music

>I listen to real music
>"music" doesn't have a single musical instrument in it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eUoLIQR4Rg4
youtube.com/watch?v=P5iqYuFmzqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Define real music, pleb.

Being made with musical instruments. If you need to be spoonfed that much you shouldn't be posting.

But that's wrong user.

if it's good, why do you care if it's made with """real""" instruments?? Most stuff that's recorded is heavily manipulated thru mixing processes anyways. Especially nowadays

>the computer is not an instrument
and you expect me to take your opinions seriously? also:

>posts anime
>thinks his opinions matter

Guitars were invented and are therefore not real.

>thinks computer is a musical instrument
I hope you don't like any music made with actual instruments, because that's very insulting.
>complains about anime on an anime website
Oh look, a retard.

What disqualifies something from being an "actual instrument"?

explain how it isn't an instrument

oh look it's a shitty bait thread that'll probably reach 200 replies

Not being able to take music lessons for it.

bump

>I hope you don't like any music made with actual instruments, because that's very insulting.
if you mean traditional instruments, yes I do

>complains about anime on an anime website
literally not an argument you fucking retard

A multitrack recorder isn't an instrument. It's a multitrack recorder.

kill yourself retarded weeb

You can get lessons in using a DAW

Define "lessons". I go to NYU. There are tons of music technology and production courses.

>VICA VICA VICA DJ F-F-F-FUCKHEAD I HAVE NO TALENT T-T-T-TALENT

We weren't talking about multitrack recorders

>thinks getting triggered by anime is an argument
>accuses others of not having "real argument"

>I listen to music
>isn't listening to instruments
>listening to computer
pleb

>thinks all of these posts were by the same person
You're a real dumbass

>reading comprehension
seriously, can you even read?

You weren't implying DAWs were instruments?

kill yourself retarded weeb

samefag, so obvious

samefag, so obvi

I was. That's not the same thing as a multitrack recorder
yelling samefag isn't an argument

>a DAW is not a multitrack recording system
kek

I bet you also think music theory stagnates creativity

>>a DAW is not a multitrack recording system
That's one use for it.
>I bet you also think music theory stagnates creativity
Nope

seriously, you cannot read.

samefag, so obvi

semi-illiterate dunce, so obvi

samefag....

>That's one use for it.
What else is there?
>Nope
How long have you been studying music theory?

opinionlet...

>What else is there?
plugins/modules that allow the user to create music.
>How long have you been studying music theory?
Irrelevant. If you want a dick measuring contest, look elsewhere.

>plugins/modules that allow the user to create music.
Like what? Is the plugin an actual instrument?
>Irrelevant
So what you are saying is you don't know music theory, but think you still play an instrument?

define musical instruments. is there a fundamental difference between a wave generator like a string, and a wave generator used in electronic music?
if electrically generated sounds dont count, what about using any kind of pedal or other effect on an electric guitar?
if its about the effort required to manually play an instrument, does the effort matter in creating better sounds? if so why?

> what about using any kind of pedal or other effect on an electric guitar?
You aren't playing an effect, you are playing the guitar. Signal processing is signal processing, not an instrument.

>Like what? Is the plugin an actual instrument?
synth modules, mixing tables, virtualisations of conventional instruments. There's one for nearly every use you could think of.
>So what you are saying is you don't know music theory, but think you still play an instrument?
No, that's not what I'm saying.

>modules
Not an instrument
>mixing tables
Mixing /=/ instrument
>virtualisations of conventional instruments.
Not an instrument
>No, that's not what I'm saying.
OK, so how long have you been studying music theory?

>Not an instrument
Why not?

A synth is an instrument, not the module.

REAL music is what I personally like.

FAKE music is what I don't like.

So explain how a virtualisation of a synth or a conventional instrument isn't an actual instrument.

>virtualisation
You just answered your own question

Do you also think a picture of a cheeseburger is lunch?

you say that as if music is a tangible thing you consume

youtube.com/watch?v=eUoLIQR4Rg4
this is objectively the only real music

I knew you'd go the semantics route. If I can create music using only a DAW and virtual instruments such as a synth, can you explain to me why it isn't an actual instrument? I am creating sound from it, after all, so what's the difference?
>Do you also think a picture of a cheeseburger is lunch?
That analogy makes absolutely no sense.

To clarify, when I say virtual instrument I mean a plugin for a DAW.

What do you mean?
>If I can create music using only a DAW and virtual instruments such as a synth, can you explain to me why it isn't an actual instrument?
>virtual
There's that world again.
Signal processing is just signal processing. It's not an instrument. Maybe that's where your confusion arises?

>There's that world again.
So you can't explain it?
>Signal processing is just signal processing. It's not an instrument
Define an instrument please.

So if someone is singing, that's not music?

>So you can't explain it?
vir·tu·al
ˈvərCH(o͞o)əl/
adjective
adjective: virtual

almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition.

>Define an instrument please.
A tool which creates a desired sound when implemented by the arteur

On its own, no. The word is vocal.

>A tool which creates a desired sound when implemented by the arteur
I can create a desired sound using a virtual synth plugin for a DAW, so by your definition it's an instrument.

>singing on its own isn't music

Have you spent the afternoon sniffing marker pens?

What about acapella, smart boy?

>singing isn't music
Is that your final answer user?

>I can create a desired sound using a virtual synth plugin for a DAW, so by your definition it's an instrument.
No, the sample was desired song. You are just using signal processing to change the pre-recorded sample (which was originally made on an instrument).

Vocal.

>so by your definition it's an instrument.
It's not, also because you created it. You are not an arteur.

>You are just using signal processing to change the pre-recorded sample (which was originally made on an instrument).
This is completely incorrect. I don't need a sample to create a synthesised sound using a computer. How the fuck do you think a conventional synth works?

You do know that setting your own arbitrary rules is often a sign of autism?

>How the fuck do you think a conventional synth
See

That's not how synthesis works at all.

I don't think you're intelligent enough to be making these distinctions.

>You are just using signal processing to change the pre-recorded sample (which was originally made on an instrument).
No m8. I can generate a signal using my computer. Then I can manipulate it in a DAW.

What's wrong with autism?

Bugger me. The deeper I read into this fucktarded thread it surprises me with new depths of stupidity.

That's a no, then.

How long have you been studying music theory?
>I can generate a signal using my computer
You mean you manipulated a sample. Not an instrument.
Not an argument.
What do you mean?

I'm not trying to make an argument you crayon eating memeshitter, you clearly have fuck all knowledge about what you are binging on about.

>literally doesn't know how a synth works
>can't wrap his head around the concept of a digital signal
You're either 70 years old or legitimately retarded.

what do you mean by sample? also why is it so bad that a computer is an instrument, I was a music major for a little bit and I had professors who promoted electronic music made on computer and synths as the future. I don't completely agree but it is music and if the computer does make music, then how is it not an instrument?

Do you think all digital sounds are just recorded and reworked analog samples or something?

you're all taking the bait so hard

>I'm not trying to make an argument
>somehow you are the crayon eating memeshitter
If you say so
[citation needed]
>also why is it so bad that a computer is an instrument
It cannot be bad nor good since it is not an instrument.
>I was a music major for a little bit and I had professors who promoted electronic music made on computer and synths as the future
Wow, what a coincidence! I did too! They also played actual instruments as well. Did you forget that part or just intentionally omit that information?
>but it is music
Show me where I said it wasn't.
You mean if I digitally recorded you playing guitar? That would still be you playing guitar.

Ok bro hold up
>computers are not instruments
>their are no original sounds from a computer but it's all samples
>but electronic music is still music
What sort of backwards ass logic is this? Surely you jest.
Why I say this is because by your logic it shouldn't be music but a representation of sound. You are probably baiting anyway. How long were you in music school?

Nice strawman
>How long were you in music school?
Irrelevant. If you want a dick measuring contest, look elsewhere.

this is not an argument, I was asking how long you were at music school because if you learned anything from it, art has few limits. Also why not tell me how you think electronic is music in your words

I was clearly not trying to make an argument, dipshit. I was simply replying to your abjectly stupid post by saying how dumb it was. If I had any interest in actually arguing with you I'd probably point out why you were wrong, which would be stupid of me because you clearly have your head so far up your own ass that despite being on an anonymous imageboard you have no will to accept being corrected. In that way I could make an argument that you are a memeshitter, with your miscontextual parroting of Molymeme.

>their are no original sounds from a computer but it's all samples
His entire argument rests on this point and it's objectively false.

you're the smartest person in the thread my dude, I shouldn't have gone in this one

Where is the strawman? this is your argument man not mine

>this is not an argument
That's because I already made it long ago. I shouldn't have to respond to strawmen
>Also why not tell me how you think electronic is music in your words
Is that what this is *really* about?
>I was clearly not trying to make an argument
OK then thanks for the post. I stopped reading after this.
Strawmen
>but electronic music is still music
I never stated it was or was not music. It is not a part of my argument.

What the fuck are you arguing then? Why make this thread? why argue when you will not learn? I am really trying to understand man, but it's just bait I suppose, oh well. 15 minutes I'll never get back

>OK then thanks for the post. I stopped reading after this.
Fuck me, if it took me saying it outright for you to figure that out maybe you should stop painting that masterpiece on the wall with your own shit while your minder is out, and try and channel a bit more brain power into reading comprehension.

>complaining about how a song is made instead of how it sounds
change your priorities

a DAW is a musical instrument, luddite.

You dont need musical instruments to make music

>Why make this thread?
I'm not OP
>Fuck me
No thanks.
Except how it's made will determine ho9w it soudns. Don't be daft
See

So OP's shitposting wasn't base enough for you, so you thought you'd play the part of a belligerent ignoramus?

Just in case you aren't only pretending, what's your opinion on wavetable synthesizers?

Does not a sing-song bird make music?
Do not the waterfalls make a tune?
>Meh my gf didn't show me it
We are surrounded with continually undulating waves of air at frequencies we can't even register. To say music needs to come from an instrument, can not a computer create music? Even AI programs these days. Get a grip kid or kys

>It's an opinion I don't agree with so you are a belligerent ignoramus
Yoikes
>Just in case you aren't only pretending, what's your opinion on wavetable synthesizers?
What is your opinion about guitar-based music?
>Does not a sing-song bird make music?
They are mating calls, not artistic endeavors
>Do not the waterfalls make a tune?
Not really. The sound of water falling does occupy a place on the frequency spectrum, but not a definable or at least harmonious melody
>We are surrounded with continually undulating waves of air at frequencies we can't even register.
not music.

I am not calling you an ignoramus because I disagree with an opinion, your opinion on DAWs being simply sample based is demonstrably ignorant and is so fucking uninformed it would be improved by watching merely an ad for one on YouTube. You are so terribly out of touch with the bullshit opinions that you are pedalling that you don't even know why I'm asking you about wavetable synthesizers and why that is relevant, you've fed me some blatant misdirection about my opinion on guitar based music.

If you are only pretending to be retarded, there's a good reason why doing so is regarded as the lowest form of trolling, It's a lot of effort just for people to tell you how retarded you are.

>your opinion on DAWs being simply sample based
Quote me where I said that
>you've fed me some blatant misdirection about my opinion on guitar based music.
It's equally as relevant as you asking me about wavetable synthesizers.

Answer the question and I'll answer yours. You won't though, because I've already cut to the heart of the problem: your insecurities.

youtube.com/watch?v=P5iqYuFmzqg
Glad the guttural sounds of human beings appeals more to you then an honest fact.
Would you consider a rain stick an instrument? How about Mayonnaise? A theremin? A washboard? Jug bass? Drum? Seashells? Triangle? Garbage can lid? Woodpecker hacking away at a tree? The rustle of your jimmies? Your farts? The noise your mom made when she gave birth to you? Glass breaking? Nails on a chalkboard? A lawnmower humming at an unsuspecting note? Microwave ready beeps? Trucks in reverse? QUACK? Whistle me this? The eerie echos found in marble caves? Dial-up tone? Change shaking in your pocket? A punctured kazoo could probably make better music than your uncultured, spoiled, philistine, gullible, ignorant, ASS. Meows that for a music theory lesson?

Here
>>I can generate a signal using my computer
>You mean you manipulated a sample. Not an instrument.
and here
>>I can create a desired sound using a virtual synth plugin for a DAW, so by your definition it's an instrument.
>No, the sample was desired song. You are just using signal processing to change the pre-recorded sample (which was originally made on an instrument).
you deny the existence of waveform generating plugins as if it's some impossible white-mans magic that for whatever reason can only be done with hardware and not incredibly fucking simple.