Can Sup Forums recommend me some fantasy films? I'm not very experienced with the genre...

Can Sup Forums recommend me some fantasy films? I'm not very experienced with the genre, I've just seen the basics like LotR, The Hobbit, Shoah, Warcraft, and Harry Potter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3J91bPrW9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Conan the barbarian is good i dont care what anyone saya.

berserk if dont mind anime shit

>Shoah

Excalibur, Conan the Barbarian, the old 90s Berserk *not the shitty cg one*.

solomon kane i suppose

thanks I'll check them out

Everyone loves Conan.

Ladyhawk
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Heart

user everybody loves conan if only arnold would make his last one.

Pans Labyrinth is pretty good.

Labyrinth (with david bowie) and if you liked Labyrinth go watch dark crystal.

Game of thrones? Obviously not a movie but if you haven't seen it its LOTR: adult mode

Exalibur
Black Angel
Dragonslayer
Fire and Ice
Wizards

Those plus the ones you've seen are pretty much the only actually great fantasy movies. Everything else is pretty kitschy or straight up mediocre.

>GoT is for adults

You've already seen the greatest ones. There aren't too many unfortunately, the rest are older movies like conan that are worth a watch. That's why game of thrones did so well, it kind of filled a big void of there being no high budget fantasy movies with good actors, only LOTR and harry potter had that.

Stardust

>harry potter
>good actors

I think he means the supporting cast, it has a ton of the best british actors. Fucking alan rickman as snape, I mean what the fuck.

Beastmaster

I know this is bait, but I don't care.
Alan Rickman
Robbie Coltrane
Richard Harris
John Cleese
John Hurt
etc.

>john cleese
>has 20 second screentime in the first movie

Thats the problem with having seen LotR: Any high fantasy movie afterwards is just meh. Pretty sickening to be honest. In other genres you at least have visuals (new movies looking better than old ones) but the LotR films simply cant really be topped. I guess thats also one of the reasons why hardly anybody even enters that genre anymore and instead the industry focuses on capeshit.

Theres a dark tower movie being produced so keep an eye out for that.

>Shoah

All King books/movies have garbage endings

Theyll probably change it and make it better, kind of like how GoT tv is better than the retarded books

The Deathstalker series
Barbarian Queen

It's cheesy but it's entertaining.

Isn't Nigris Elba playing a white cowboy?

Idris elba*

And yes, cant wait

I thought he was playing the tower?

i personally hate cultural appropriation

I think it's more that he's a good actor, being black probably has nothing to do with it.

>the actor looks don't make a difference in casting
In normal situations, they rely on the character's description from the book.

Even though it's already been said, I have to reiterate how great Dragonslayer is. It was one of my favorite movies growing up and even though it made me a fantasy obsessed nerd who played dungeons & dragons and subsequently ostracized by my classmates, I don't regret it. That's how good it is.

the neverending story

Excalibur is so unique its perfect

I've recently watched Legend. Comfy as fuck, and quite underrated I think. Considering the troubled production story the result is good.
Too bad Curry isn't in every scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3J91bPrW9A

GoT is literal cancer, don't you dare compare it with LotR faggot

Willow!!