What's the best way to get over a breakup, lads?

What's the best way to get over a breakup, lads?

Also, feels thread if you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-0FML-nAMoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You dont,it just hurts a little less every morning and a lot more when you go to sleep, until you eventually stop caring.

I find pursuing hobbiesand general self improvement. Also get some new clothes and a haircut, and hit the gym.

Think about the shitty characteristics of your ex partner. Start developing a hate for that person. Few days and you are good. Besides that, work on yourself by excercising and doing fun things! You will feel good in no time

I already do all that and coincidentally I got a haircut today too lmao

STILL HURTS THO PHAM

Slurping down a creamy log is what I find to be the best way to recover from a break up. Get well soon friend.

Hello, depressed poet from the last one here
youtu.be/-0FML-nAMoM

My Grandma is the closest person in my life and she's lived with brain tumors for twenty years. Getting them removed took a toll on her. Now she's 63 and I'm 18, I don't know what to do. I visited her and all she did was cry, she's on the morphine drip every two hours topped up and she's still suffering and it's tearing me apart inside. Ilv just been on a drug/alcohol binge for weeks and honestly can't find a reason to be happy anymore

This^
or this

Men do not ever get over it
If you truly loved her. you'll always want think of her.
You just have to go on with life.
Even when you get a new girl, it won't change a thing really.

Hate isnt good. It hurts you and stresses you out

You'll forget about her once another girl comes along, and if you aren't a complete autist, a girl will come along before you know it.

I found new hobbies constantly.

I was 16st. Needed to get in shape. Walked 8 mile with 75lbs strapped to my back every day for three months. Couldn't feel the pain.

Then realised I suddenly had money. Always wanted to do Photography. Bought a camera, started travelling around the UK on a weekend when I wasn't working.
^this point I stopped bawling every fucking day.
>faggot

It's a year on now. I still think of her every day but not in a relationshippy way. Only a passing thought which I'm happy with.

My new photography hobby turned into a life changing thing as well. Packed in my job to travel the world and documenting it.

TL;DR - First three months suck. Bawl it out. Fuck it out. Don't get anyone pregnant and find a hobby.

with weed and ecchi

Are you for real?... It's been half a year and I've seen little progress, still dream about her and shit, still hurts like hell despite all she did to me I'd still take her back...

Please don't tell me that I'll never get rid of this pain...

If you would take her back after : "despite what she did to me", which I'm assuming is domestic/cheating, then you're the problem.

Brutal, but if that's your mentality, that's your problem. Need to love yourself before another, and being a pussy isn't an attractive trait to women. I'm not saying be alpha as fuck, but you'll never get over it by being a pussy.

I wouldn't count it as domestic violence (mental), she was just extremely rude given how serious the relationship was.

Broke up by text after making me wait 1 month for her to come back from vacation, she seemed fine before that month too. Refused to talk to me face to face with me for months, lied about getting surgery to her jaw so she couldn't speak, (eventually) refused to talk in a more private place and at a date where we'd have more time, laughs in my face when we actually have the talk. Proceeds to ignore my existance.

Not entirely sure if I'd take "her" back or just anyone at this point, but I'd love to just get an apology at least.

With all that said, do you really think I'll never move past it? Because from what I've just said, she treated me like garbage, and I'd preffer to eventually move on and be able to forget what happened, or at least look at it like "Meh".

Rough, mate.

Honestly - forget the apology. That's an excuse to talk to her. The best thing to think is "I'm never going to speak to her again".

Of course you will, but you need to be able to shrug it off as a learning experience. You've learned to be cautious with trust, love and an expectance of how YOU'D like to be treated in future.
Seriously, focus on yourself. Pick up a hobby. I was a fat nerd and I wanted to get rid of my fucking anxiety after my breakup. I've done crazy shit like mountain climbing, extreme hiking, getting stoned in the mountains, exploring and photographing mines, caverns and abandoned hospitals.
I never thought I would be "that guy" and it all stemmed on focusing on myself and doing random shit after my breakup.

Treat yourself, dude. When you get to the point where you finally start thinking "fuck waiting for someone else to watch this movie with, I'm going to get a bit stoned/drunk, eat a tub of popcorn and fap furiously afterwards" - you know you've made it.

Hi user. I just passed through a brokeup of a 2-year relationship. The best thing you can do is think what you couldn't do when you were with this person. Goals or stuff you liked to do and because being next to this person.. It hurts the first days, but later you realize you need to fullfil your dreams. Also, do stuff alone. Learn something new. Read a book. Be happy user. Hope you find it someday. But now is ok to feel bad.

no! don't do this! you are just letting them occupy more space on your mind. it's better to just forget them

Yeah definitely don't think about your ex. Just forget this person and move on.

I've tried picking up a few hobbies, like I've been trying to learn how to skate, also taking boxing classes, but it's not helping much... It helps when I'm "there" but when I'm home doing anything else my mind just wanders ya know?

Also could you give me an honest opinion on something? There's this event in my city that I usually go every year, thing is I know that she's going to be there, almost certainly, and I know it's going to hurt seeing her. People tell me that I shouldn't stop myself from going just because of her, but it seems kinda logical not to go given how I know how it's going to make me feel. What do you think?

my boyfriend and i broke up a few months ago. after we broke up, a friend confessed his feelings for me and asked me to give him a chance -- he told me how much he liked me, how attractive he found me, etc etc etc. we started hanging out and i liked him, and he immediately lost feelings lol. so then i had to get over THAT, and even more so because while i was hanging out with him i didnt realize how lonely i would be after breaking up with my boyfriend. aka im lonely as hell now and want to get back together with my boyfriend just because of how alone i feel. i'm obviously not going to do that (we just did not work well together), but damn it's hard!

well, best advice i can give you is to find someone else. but if you still have feelings for your ex maybe just befriending him would help, because most of the time that's just nostalgia and such, and just talking to him from time to time can help, just make sure you both know that it ain't going nowhere (at least until both of you change as people so the same thing won't happen again)

That's a wicked start. You may not have found your niche yet. You need to be satified with how you spend your time before the mind wandering stops.
Not that it completely stops, but the pain goes away, y'know?

Honestly it's a great idea. Assuming you actually bump into each other It'll only be awkward if you make it awkward.

You'll be mad proud of yourself if you bump into her whilst having a big confidence boost and act natural. Showing her you're much better off.
The last thing you want to do is disasociate yourself from local event. Just don't be a sap and suck up to her. If she offers a drink or something, decline and say you're with friends.

Heroin. Lots of heroin.

I just got a bj from my girlfriend a few minutes ago. Feeling pretty good right now.

fuck same it sucks when I got asked out by a friend only to break up with me years after because she wanted to do casual dating in college I swear people are selfish as fuck

Thanks user.

That`s the spirit, my logbrother

The best way to get over a woman is get on top of another one.

the company of other men.

Hey man I broke up with my girlfriend of 2.5 years a few months back. To be honest it's going to hurt for a good while longer. To this day some memories can bring a lot of emotion back. I think at this point for you it's really important that you find something to occupy your time and your mind. For me I got really into rock climbing/strength training since the breakup. It didn't necessarily make the emotions go away but having something I could always go do and escape from my house/computer was instrumental. It's really important that you don't get stuck in this post-breakup phase. It happened. Chances are that chapter is over and you're going to need to start the next one. You shouldn't learn to hate your ex, unless they did some serious fuckshit, but keeping those memories and learning from your mistakes is part of what develops us as humans. Hold on to the good and learn to live with the bad. In the meantime make yourself better, learn from your mistakes and find something that makes you happy.

I'm feeling better. Ive been suicidal since 15, had my death place and a bag ready for when it was time to die. At the time, i was too scared to open upto my parents. Im a fat shit (16st) and havent had a serious boyfriend in around a year but recently after i moved out, i got sick of wanting to die and got myself a therapist. I am proud that i never killed myself as a kid, as i was diagnosed with bipolar by a school medic but i never sought help. Come to think of it, im surprised they didnt tell my parents. Im a little drunk so this may not make much sense. but yeah, feeling good. i recently gave up alcohol but i am currently drinking so that shows how well that went kek

people in my town are shitty. everyone. lost contact with the only cool girl i knew two months ago. she came from another place, big city, but we had our differences. she made me realize how shitty this town was and the people in here. now i'm distant from my friends and her. what do

as happy as I would be to find someone else, i think the real problem is i just dont know how to be alone. at all. (i've been in two long term relationships for about the past 5 years). so i need to learn how to just be by myself before i can think about being in another relationship, but it's been really difficult

my ex and i are on good terms, luckily. i would talk to him more but i don't want to annoy him lol

quit your job - move back in with your parents - reminisce on all the stupid shit you've done in your life. do drugs and stop talking to your friends

I'm a bisexual guy and I lost my boyfriend in December after I went cold on him cause he thought the world of me and was being extremely clingy and I don't even know why it bothered me because in hindsight I loved everything about him and I would literally kill to get him to feel that way about me again.

He still maintains fairly regular contact with me. We text at least once every few days. He talks about his new boyfriend a lot. It's extremely toxic. It's destroying me and ruining my life. He's so happy in his new relationship and I've been left in misery. I drink to excess almost every day. He knows it hurts me but he continues to maintain contact anyway. Even tells me about the sexual encounters he's having with this guy. He even blocked me on all social media for like a week then reopened contact again. He's getting a rush from sharing his new relationship with me and how shitty it's making me feel. I know the right thing to do would be to just block him and cut it off completely but I love this guy more than anything in the world. My life will be completely empty without him. So I continue to let him inflict emotional agony on me.

i get what you're saying but keep in mind that the human being is also a social being, and some people are more dependant on that social aspect than others, i have a friend who is fully capable of being alone but doesn't like it, so he jump from one semi serious/casual relationship to the next until he finds the right person, not to say you have to be like him, but don't be afraid to commit to another one unless you're still terribly attached to the last one. what i'm getting at is before those relationships you were alone, so you do know how to be alone, you've just discovered you preffer not to be.

Still feeling shitty.

I was basically in an "almost-relationship" and I failed to act when she would try to sexualize it. Now that turned her off of talking to me, and I am kicking myself in the ass. Though its possible that I can fix it this time, as its relatively recent (like 1 month)

were you looking for something serious or casual?

if serious, then don't kick yourself for it, it's clear she was looking into a more physical type deal.

if casual, then just download tinder my dude.

I am just open for what ever with her really. Or any one in general.

I still wanna try fixing it possibly. Especially since we got along so well in general, and people labeled us as a couple at work, as thats what we acted like...

Best thing to do is spend time with friends and family and focus on hobbies when youre alone. Mourn her in your own time but don't over do it.

My girlfriend just left me, school is so boring it drains my energy, i have almost no friends. work is the best thing in my life right now. imagine having a life so shitty you would rather be at work than at home. send me your best feels pictures, Sup Forumsrothers.

>Even tells me about the sexual encounters he's having with this guy

No guy worth a damn would do this. That's personal stuff and the fact that he feels it's alright to tell you about that indicates that he's not a good person. This is why I, even though I myself am bi, I avoid relationships with other men. Faggots are just not wired up correctly. 99% of them behave like the worst kind of slutty Stacey and you're asking for trouble whenever you get involved with one.

>"Faggots are just not wired up correctly"
>I myself am bi

kekekekek, but legit now, that's some truth

Yup that's how it is but it does get better over the years especially if you meet a new girl but then you might just miss her even more like it did with me.
And with a new girl you'll realize the only reason she's there is because your ex isn't with you.

bump

That sounds really depressing... it's been 6 months and it seems like the more time it passes the worst it feels... and with that info I'm just not sure what to think anymore...

Also... I get that, but what if she's there with some dude? I'm just going to feel really bad and it will probably just fuck me up for the rest of the month (if not months). Also do you think I should wave or something if I were to see her? Don't want to look desperate or something but don't want to be a complete cunt, sinking down to her level and just ignore her existance.

There a couple hundred million people that really need to listen to this advice...

nigger

I broke up with my gf 4 days ago. Been a rollercoaster of on and off feeling like absolute fucking hopeless shit, and feeling somewhat okay. I've found that spending the day at work, fixing my laptop, doing fun shit with mates has been enough of a distraction to feel a little less shit each day so far.

It's hard shit dude and it feels horrible, but it seems to get easier with time. Just don't rely on getting blind drunk or doing drugs to cope with it. I've avoided that and I think it's been for the better. Just focus on yourself and what you want to achieve.

I know it's not that deep but I'm 20 years old, halfway thru my first year of uni and I'm still a virgin.

I'm decent looking, I've got friends and a good social life, I go out pretty regularly, I just have no idea how to make a move.

I grew up with pretty bad anxiety and depression that didn't get diagnosed for a while so I never had much of a social life until I was around 17. I'm better now but I guess because I never really did anything with girls growing up I just have no game now. I'm fine with everything else socially now, it's just that one thing.

I don't even want a girlfriend. Just fucking a slut from the club and getting it over with would be fine with me, but I don't even know how to do that.

Block her and people involved on social media, less you see less you think of
Do yoga, it helps clean mind

As weird as it sounds, the first week or two are the easiest. If you really love someone, the enormity of the loss doesn't truly hit home until a couple of weeks after they're gone. Brace yourself.

Best way is to find someone you care for. People like to say that it doesn't matter, just stick your dick into something, but you'll likely regret it. When I was like 16 I was dating this girl and eventually we went on a break for like 2 months, during that time I fucked a girl I knew. I still regret it to this day because during the entire time all I was thinking was "I wish this was her...". Nothing compares to just raw passion and love.

I'm just not interested in that right now.

Well fuck me I'll take your word for it and I guess time will tell. Cheers for the heads up man

I could use a rest. I haven't had a drink since October and tonight I feel I need one. Had a rough go of it lately. How are you folks?

Single for a while, miss ex, had to change places because I saw her on a daily basis and it was making my life miserable and now I'm in a place where I don't know anyone and even my "friends" don't invite me to hang out anymore despite not being that far.

Hello. I am the spanish faggot who wrote a post in Sup Forums a couple of hours ago.

I am a kissless virgin. Never got a hug. Barely touched a girl. Fell in love with one once, stalked one for a while, got into a lot of trouble. Fell into a deep depression, started to hate everyone including myself. Now I am pushing my 40's and I am startin to assume my life was a huge failure. Someday I will die and nobody will ever know anything about me. I have an incurable illness. Probably not gonna die of it in many years, but my young years are over.

I still in love with the girl somehow. I dreamed with her yesterday and the day before. She told me she wanted nothing with me but we could still be friends. Then asked to have a meal with me and talk about our lives. She was very friendly and genuinely concerned about me. I felt very happy. When I woke up, I was crying. That's how psychologically destroyed I am.

I know, I am a fucking pussy but I can't help it. I am also a fool, because I still have a pinch of absurd hope. When I fall too much into self-pity I think that many had it way worse than me.

Sorry to hear that mate. It does get easier. Just takes time and a bit of work. I feel you can do it.

well I got with her half sister

Beer and sluts..

Lol bruh she cheated on her little slut vacay anyway. Move on

10/10 best advice I've ever read tbh fam