Is there any consensus to be found on who's the best football player of all time?

Is there any consensus to be found on who's the best football player of all time?

(Is it really Messi by now?)

No consensus but if you're 30 or younger it has been Messi

Most people agree it's Pele. Players typically mentioned on the 4chans include Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Messi (though maybe that's just because he's still active), Ronaldo (for the memes), Ronaldinho, Zidane (ironically) and Maradona (ironically, i hope).

Long story short, it's Puskas

>all time

irrelevant discussion only plebs partake in

>Zidane (ironically) and Maradona (ironically, i hope).

They both got WC with their national teams. With club success to back it up, you're pretty much already GOAT material. I don't get the part where it's ironic. A headbutt and cocaine usage? Meh.

>Zidane
yeah, fair enough. Meme culture has changed me for the worse
>Maradona
hand_of_god.webm

This. Comparing players in very different eras is pointless, it's more productive to discuss the best players of a given era.

there is no consensus about who is the GOAT because there is still no consensus about what does "greatest" and "all-time" stands for and

yes it's messi

Pelé. He dominated '60s football because he was like the prototype of the modern player thrown in this era: skilled, plays with both feet, good header, good physic, vision, innovative.
He was above everybody else at this time, he was relatively better.
It's impossible to know if he was THE BEST in absolute though (compared to other geniuses like Platini, Maradona or Messi)

just makes me think about how great Messi is being able to do what he does in the modern era

World Cup winners

Its between Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Ronaldo, Zidane, Garrincha

George Best. Perhaps not the best all rounder, but his dribbling was good enough for him to rely on it as a gimmick and win games single handedly.

who could win in a drinking contest- Garrincha or George Best?

George Best. Could just use one of his three livers

The Later half of his career was shocking though, mainly due to the fact he didn't give a shit about his health.

Ibrahimovic is the best

What's your unironic answer though

How can Messi be GOAT when he can't even win a Copa America? It's the easiest cup ever.

Say that to Ibra's face you faggot

No

Cristiano Ronaldo and i mean it.

The consensus is, it's Messi, Pele or Maradona.

But really it's Messi imho

It's Messi. Nearly 10 years of consistent dominance in the most advanced era of football.

>the horseshit I just read
Day of the Rake is approaching, friend

Ibrahimovic is good at dribbling, shooting and passing. He scores magnificent goals and has a strong personality. Kids should look up to him. He is the most innovative player.

national team success means shit, if youre from san marino and are by far the best player ever are you now considered not because you havent won anything with your national team?

nigger he's great, but he's a 3rd tier talent all-time. he was 3rd best forward in his time at Barca.

Tom Brady

>all-time
Should be greatest in history because there might be still time left.

Messi
Pele
Maradonna

Ronaldo
Cruyff
Beckenbauer
Puskas

One of those, pick your favourite depending on preference

this

It's easily messi

Messi is the best of this era, and therefore the best of all time. The next Messi in 20 years will be the best, I think we're constantly getting faster, stronger, quicker. That being said Pele and Garrincha were incredible in the 50s and 60s compared to what a normal player looked like back then.

Messi. Not as a meme, but because he truly is that good. Anyone saying otherwise is putting too much stock into international play.

Americans like Messi too much so when they make a valid point about him being goat they just get green text to hell.

From the footballers I've watched (and not just looked at stats) it's clear Messi is the best footballer I've seen. Fat Ron coming in behind at 2nd.

Who were the undisputed best players in the world at a certain time?

Platini: 82-85
Ronadlinho: 04-06
Cruyff: 70-74
Ronaldo: 96-98
Zidane: 00-02

easy to dominate being surrounded by wc and ec winners

Messi > Pele in terms of eye test. Watch them both. Messi simply appears more skillful and capable, particularly in terms of dribbling, balance and acceleration.

Tier with more consensus
Pele or Maradona

Tier of young people
Messi

Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
/thread

Garrincha literally died from cirrhosis

>overrating hue niggers in 2010+7

zidane>maradona>george>messi>young cr7>pele>puskas>

It's not about eras or different scenarios, it is about the most skilled and objectively best player in history, fucking pleb. Messi, of course.

It is not about titles, stupid nigger. That's another story.

>Ronaldo is a meme
>puskas is the greatest of all time

Holy shit

Absolute truth, fucking faggots, learn something from this americunt.

>Ronaldo (for the memes)
>Maradona (ironically, i hope)
always the leaf with the shit posts

add Maradona and remove both french memes.

I read something a while back about who the GOATS thought was GOAT and it was almost all Pele, Maradona or Messi.

People who played in the 60s and 70s usually say Pele, I think Cruyff, Beckenbauer and Platini all say Pele. And Alex Ferguson.

Most of the 90s stars were Maradona, like Zidane, probably because they grew up watching him but too young to have remembered Pele. Also Messi once said Maradona was better, don't know when.

A few people said Messi but it was mostly ex-Barca teammates etc.