Who are the most autistic music reviewers?

Who are the most autistic music reviewers?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/asadv/reviews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

qwerty100

Can you filter reviewers on RYM? I don't ever want to find another reviewer that writes a poem or story without once mentioning the music.

telephone junkie

It's easy to hate Young Thug. His lyrics are little more than a string of awkwardly stitched together cliches (often enough misogynist and homophobic). He is the opposite of "conscious," and thus the opposite of the kind of hip hop the critics love in 2015 (e.g. To Pimp a Butterfly). When asked what he thinks about Ferguson, he said "Leave that with the critics and the laws and all that other shit. We having fun. We iced out. We having money. That's how we doin' it." Given these facts, it's tempting to see Young Thug as a pawn of the capitalist, white supremacist consensus, the 2015 equivalent of the black minstrels of 19th century America or the African American actors behind the notoriously racist Amos and Andy television show of the 1950s. This argument is so familiar and has been made so many times about other black entertainers, that I can't bring myself to spend any more time with it.

No, it would be impossible to understand the appeal of Young Thug apart from the history of minstrelsy in American culture. This really should go without saying. And yet, don't let anyone tell you that Thugga isn't talented. The Bjork of Top 40 Hip Hop, he sews a tapestry of squeaks and groans that floats effortlessly over any beat he spits over, and out of this seemingly random sequence of vocalizations comes melodies more beautiful than even the most critically acclaimed artists in any contemporary genre can dream of.

By eschewing guest spots and favoring minimalist beats, Barter 6 allows Young Thug to show off his vocal abilities more than ever. Occasionally, the results are transcendent.

Nope. RYM is, amazingly, the only community left on the Interwebs that never added a filter/ignore function.

epithalamion
Even worse is how seemingly everyone on RYM acts like she's the pinnacle of reviews as an artform

kek that guy is such a fucking salty retard

This ffs

Why do so many people on that site write like they're putting together a portfolio for art school

guess they get credit for that
force the userbase to play in big boy mode

I don't remember ever reading a good rym review. Even my own are terrible.

literally what's wrong with this review other than you disagreeing with it

wow anyone reads these? must've known it'd be terrible like all amateur internet writers

Most black metal reviewers on metallum

that is a p good review though. like even if you disagree with him it at least gives an opinion and explains it

Robert Christgau. He openly admits to only liking pop rock, yet reviews everything and gave In the Court of the Crimson King like a D-

on Sup Forums if you mention music theory even a little bit you are automatically labeled autistic

This review is 100% valid and all points are backed up by facts and examples. Quit whining that your opinions don't match everyone else's

>she

fantano

I feel like you're just upset with his rating.

Jazzthreadguy knows his shit.

>hurr durr Melonhead

faggots that write poetry or something witty for their review and don't talk about the music at all

haha "real niggas comment then dip" amiright?

+30 yr old people should be banned from rym, also trans people

Old folks on RYM are the best though, they often share stories of classic bands back when they were new

Haha yes! Very clever, funny and accurate!

brainwashed faggots

yeah those posts need an irony catheter

"old man yells at 'hipsters'"

I agree with the trans part

this is no where near a cringy review by rym standards

lmao look at this faggot

please my tripcode isnt a joke

oh my god you are so dumb you dont even have a tripcode dude!

everyone does oldfags know this

This is a good review. It actually criticizes the music rather than focusing on irrelevant details of the artist or just saying "it sounds good/bad" like 95% of popular/jazz music reviews.

Robert Christgau is the epitome of what is wrong with music criticism. He does not actually criticize the music at all and refuses to accept that someone outside the traditional "art music" channels may have something musically interesting to say.

Fantano is not as bad, but he is an example of the difference between a reviewer and a critic. He knows little about music theory and it shows whenever he tries to review any jazz or experimental music. However, he is good at documenting the music industry and uncovering bad/corrupt music journalism.

I'll say that "marsbars is the worst RYM reviewer, and "xenakis" is the best.

xenakis has given me a lot of classical music to listen to

Is it pretty much just accepted now that "autistic" = "knowing a lot about music"?

Stephen Thomas Erlewine

>Idolises PJW

He's not autistic. He's just retarded

why is PWJ bad?

>Taking pride in being ignorant about art
>Dismisses psychological facts
>Anti-vacc and conspiratard

Don't get me wrong, he got a lot of things correct when it comes to political views, but the dude need to stop talking about things he doesn't understand. And I don't like his attitude which encourages political identity in conservatism, as if we don't have enough of that in liberal side.

Jazzguy is a nice dude, but he is such a nerd, maybe people maybe is annoyed by this..
Autistic on internet is supposed to be "immature behaviours". In this case knowing and giving full detail could be percived as autistic wich is the definition.. lol
Does he only listen to Jazz?

Bitches don't know 'bout asadv. That guy is insanely autistic about white power music.

Really, just have a look at this shit:
rateyourmusic.com/collection/asadv/reviews

>I always thought of pop music as inherently capitalist and capitalism as evil
Right away, I don't want to read anything else he has to say. That's not autism. That's just plain retarded.

Knowing absolutely nothing about Jazz, I can't comment on the quality of that review, but it's focused on the music, which is more than I can say for that other idiot. Fuck that guy.

I don't mind one sentence reviews that make clever jabs at a band or album, but yeah, long meandering "reviews" that never discuss the music are terrible.

He's part of the Alex Jones brigade. That alone should give anyone pause.

What do you think of this faggot?

You kind of have to be autistic by default to post on RYM.

Everyone on rym. Mostly faggots trying to sound smart, but it comes off as pretentious