>Sup Forums has yet to learn the difference

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visions_(Grimes_album)#Personnel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just to be clear i still want to fuck fiona apple

>implying i dont want to fuck talented female musicians

I don't even understand what this means.
Do you just think about PIV sex when you listen to a females musicians music?

i fucking love lavren so much

Bjork is a talentless hack that is only popular because of her quirky, "weird" European accent and kinky image

>kitty

I literally forgot she existed

me too :(

it means your attraction to the person behind the music clouds your judgment of their discography's quality

who the fuck wants to fuck Katy Perry
she's like bjork but without the talent and the mommy charm

>alice, kitty and kreayshawn
That chart is really old, all of those are literal whos now

I'm pretty sure Grimes has "talent", because I can tell you now I wouldn't tap that ugly munter with a barge pole.

she has top tier tits

DELET THIS

Who is the bottom left one?

Oh yeah annie clark is so talented by making car ad jingles and pandering to mommy fetishes but grimes is just known because of sex. Really activates my almonds

Where does Lana Del Rey go on this chart

kek

neither one nor the other

>Kitty Pryde
weeeeeeeeeeeew 2010 Sup Forums who up

Rap game Taylor Swift

kreayshawn is good tho

brandon gets a hard time but you can tell he's a genuine fan

Swap Regina for grimes obv

>Annie Clark
>talent

we tried to tell him to chill so he wouldn't piss her off and fall for her
he didn't listen

I want to make music with Chelsea Wolfe and marry her.

cute pupper

Who's that in the middle of the second row? It had better not be Tori fucking Amos, her most recent song was Kate Bush xeroxed 100 times till it was barely listenable.
On the back

Fixed

I want to marry Grimes

talentless artis you don't want to fuck

>2010
have I really been here that long?
fucking kill me

i want her to shill post with her boyfriend james brooks on Sup Forums every fucking day

>No Nico
How could you forget the most talented female artist?

best waifu too

>anyone wanting to fuck grimes
>St. Vincent is talented
wtf is wrong with you

It's Regina Spektor, she sucks.

And PJ Harvey

>putting grimes with other popstars who don't even produce their own music
bait

what's the difference between adele and bjork if both of them rely on many people to deliver their albums?

gtfo waifufag

Hey, hang on! I was on to something! I just checked Wikipedia and she WAS an actress and model before becoming an """"""""""artist"""""""""".

Warhol and the decidedly untalented junkies, clowns, brown-nosers, losers and various other hangers-on that he collected and had fun with represent the beginnings of the putrid influence that modern art i.e. cultural Marxism started having when it commenced seeping viciously into pop culture, a brazen attempt to dumb-down America, challenge and then annihilate good taste (by arguing that all taste is subjective: how convenient and self-serving - a joyous argument for any hack), lower standards and turn the populace into drooling morons. What the narcissistic, misfit Beatniks were for literature, what Warhol was for "art" - indie rock and its progenitors are/were for music.

"Avant-Folk, Post-Punk, Folk Pop, Art Rock, Gothic Rock, Chamber Folk, Sunshine Pop, Standards, Art Pop, New Wave" the tags say: I think they forgot... no, there isn't anything they missed out on. This pretty much covers all non-heavy hipster genres. No, wait, there is no tag with a "neo" prefix, so I hereby ask people to include some NEOs into the genre listing, because frankly Warhol might feel insulted otherwise (or start laughing, because I always imagined him laughing at Americans for taking his crap seriously - kinda like me laughing at Nico's cheesy out-of-tune Renfest songs).

This jet-set HACK (with a love-child from Alain Delon) has four bolded albums with more votes than some of the world's best bands COMBINED. Would she have had a record contract and her current hipster status if she'd looked like Roseanne Barr? I'll leave you to answer that yourself - and think carefully coz it's gonna be part of your IQ evaluation.

lmao

I only recognize Bjork and Kate Bush.
Kate being the GOAT female musician.

Madonna at her very best is also good but she absolutely can't make great albums, just a few great songs now and then.

Many people? I don’t know about Adele but Björk usually only has one or two co-producers, and they usually come in when the album is nearly done, does Adele write, co-produce, edit and arrange all her stuff like Björk does?

Naw no one would have heard her if she wasn't beautiful, and even they did I doubt anyone would take her seriously. I still like her tho

imagine how obsessed mu would be with Nina Simone, PJ Harvey etc if they were qts!

Anyone noticed that St. Vincent looks exactly like a chiken? That expression of a primeval horror in her empty eyes, she really has that look down. I'd honestly like to throw a hard left hook into her face one day.

>but Björk usually only has one or two co-producers, and they usually come in when the album is nearly done,
i didn't mean only producers. see pic related? those are the credits of homogenic. now compare that with the credits of visions: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visions_(Grimes_album)#Personnel
now, do you see that bjork is an industry plant hired because of her bjorkisms? she can't make a whole album all by herself. she's super overrated and she can't make a decent melody to save her life since 2001.

forgot pic related

kek

This idea of artists boxing themselves in to make art is pretty dumb. People collaborate. It makes music better. It means people learn and have fun while making an album.
Bjork works with other artists bc she can afford it. Grimes doesn't because she can't.

>People collaborate. It makes music better.
no. it dilutes their artistic input. bjork albums should be named bjork and friends, not just bjork.

how are you so fucking retarded for grimes what's wrong with you

It also reflects in the music
Visions sounds very dull and features no actual instruments while Björk wrote pieces for an entire orchestra to play
Björk has 10+ producers because there are way more tracks per song to handle. You have every instrument that has to get mixed in. Grimes doesn't need a producer because all her tracks are lacking in actual instruments outside digital ones on her laptop

you have an autism goodbye

Well I don’t think the orchestra or instrument players really count, most artists don’t play all the instruments on their albums, it’s cool Grimes does everything herself, but if there was ever a full piece orchestra needed or there were stuff she couldn’t play I wouldn’t expect Grimes to play everything.

I know a reviewer who wasn’t a fan of her recent stuff but according to them Utopia is a 10/10, melodic, and “Vespertine part 2” so I have high hopes.

I feel like I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this pic

four obvious counter examples that I can think of off the top of my head;
1. Grimes was not self taught, at least in her bases of music. She took music classes for years and had close friends teach her how to make music.
2. Grimes did not write the rap in SCREAM
3. She had help from Janelle Monae
4. Her brother does a lot of lead work with her music videos.

Grimes does not work soley on her own.
Not to mention, diy cucks like you do nothing for the music world. Queen collaborated with David Bowie. B.B. King collaborated with Eric Clapton.

To box yourself in as an artist is so dumb.

hey Sup Forums

sup

Switch the top 6 with the bottom 6 and we're good

blah blah blah. excuses. bjork's music is messy because of so many collaborators.
>Visions sounds very dull
subjective
>and features no actual instruments
you're a dumbass. synths, samplers, violins are all instruments. even a daw could be considered instrument. you make music with them => they're musical instruments.

nobody cares

>1. Grimes was not self taught, at least in her bases of music. She took music classes for years and had close friends teach her how to make music.
false. a friend taught her to play a sampler and that's all. she learned all by herself almost anything related to her craft.
>2. Grimes did not write the rap in SCREAM
>3. She had help from Janelle Monae
true. but those are just exceptions that prove the rule. anyway she actually did the instrumentals of those songs.
>4. Her brother does a lot of lead work with her music videos.
he's mostly a cameraman. be sure that she's in charge of directing and editing.
>Grimes does not work soley on her own.
most of time (over 95%) she does work solely on her own. she's a control freak.

you cared

>she's in charge of directing and editing
interesting that a few says directed by him

early videos were directed by Kai Bock
later by her brother, but it was so because naturally it was cheaper that way and free advertisement for family member.

She did directed/editer realiti (demo) which was one of her best videos, albeit more like fluke as later attempts of art angel were not that good butterfly/wp2

also she took much liberty in all art angel videos

i really did

are you done yet? do you have like some daily quota for this shit?

sky is the limit

go back to twitter james

>Talent
>Want to fuck with
non-exclusive categories

what went wrong though?