Can someone explain the appeal of Deaftones to me? I don't get it. They sound like garbage to me

Can someone explain the appeal of Deaftones to me? I don't get it. They sound like garbage to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4MGwlZuAc
youtube.com/watch?v=sPO81Fz4s2g
youtube.com/watch?v=IKgLmQFkLQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=D4Wv1LDSing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

listen to white pony and around the fur, if you dont like those albums deftones isnt for you and its as simple as that

Bump

Same. Only song that caught my attention is be quiet and drive (far away)

its aggressive shoegaze for me. great music 4 sex also

Romatic, hard hitting, and hazy. They are my favourite band, but I feel like they take patience. They are also not for everybody. I listen to a lot of metal and shoegaze so it appeals to me, but somebody would polarising tastes would see them differently.

Shut up virgin tripfag

how the fuck should I explain you the appeal of a certain sound if your statement implies you're clearly not open enough to listen.

Name top 5 songs so I can maybe see the appeal

Nu-metal for people who think they grew out of nu-metal

Basically buttrock + shoegaze

youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4MGwlZuAc

youtube.com/watch?v=sPO81Fz4s2g

youtube.com/watch?v=IKgLmQFkLQ0

youtube.com/watch?v=D4Wv1LDSing

Their early work in Adrenaline and Around the Fur is extremely good nu-metal. Sort of a diamond in the rough of the genre. Aggressive, a little avant-garde almost in the case of Adrenaline, and undertones of sexual, especially in around the fur. Their later work in Saturday Night Wrist is completely gorgeous mix between shoegaze and metal. Chino has a really unique, pretty voice, and their work sounds so dreamy and spacey. One of the few bands who dramatically changed their style where I like both eras equally, especially to this degree.

If you're interested in the dreamier stuff like Be Quiet and Drive, definitely check out Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes. Some particular songs I'd suggest would be Cherry Waves, Beware, Kimdracula, Sextape, and maybe Rocket Skates.

deftones is korn for people who think they're too sophisticated for korn

>misspells the band name
>while posting an image that clearly shows the correct spelling

Chino's vocals.

We are too sophisticated for Korn.

KoRn's debut is unironically amazing. Follow the Leader is less consistently good (that horrid rap battle between Jon Davis and Fred Durst needs to be expunged from all records of existence) but is still overall a solid album. Issues is different, and loses its nu-metal style, but I maintain that it's still good.

I know sir, I'm just fudgin' around having some fun.

BUT YOU'RE TRIGGERING ME ROOOOOO

Koi is fucking great.

Korn fucking sucks yo

fugged my gf to passenger and digital bath

that's about all of my deftones experiences

>doesn't even mention White Pony as the album that changed major label nu-metal forever

Aside from Mini Maggit, white pony isn't nu metal.

Exactly. It's the watershed moment in that particular scene, allowed for quite a bit more experimentation for them as a band as others within that sphere of corporate nu-metal that was playing all over MTV at the time.